bfbdae800a1e1b8e34618415ed93a2a7.jpg

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I haven't done a whole lot in wood working since I was in high school wood shop 14 years ago (damn, its been that long already???). I figured I'd try getting back into it with a box for Jess's pistol.

Not a bad first try, but I'm gonna try again with different wood and a different finish.

0d158f367946c6ad9a9d60de2572060a.jpg

179fbbe66fb50fabe9cc5003c3d3ea57.jpg

7f62cb70540bcc6d6b9cbb29bf5b95ab.jpg

klarowe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2016
    Friendswood, TX
    My brother is a NY state trooper so just before I moved down here I picked up this Colt 1911 Gov't. It is a limited edition for the 100 year anniversary of the NYS Troopers. There were only 25 made for each troop and I was able to get one for his Troop. It came with the wood grips but I opted to swap them out so it doesn't wear out the grips since I shoot this frequently.
    1911 NYT 100.jpg

topduarte

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2017
    Luger Stoeger 22lr from the 1970's. One original mag and one aftermarket mag.

This gun I believe had never been taken apart or cleaned. There must have been 1/16" of buildup in the chamber.

This pistol is from the 1970's as they were made from 1969 to 1985.

Gonna take it to Reds soon.

BTW, this gun is a pain in the *** to reassemble but figured it out as there are no reassembly videos I could find.

Will postup results after range visit.
    biggrin.gif

Attachments

• luger 2a.jpg
      luger 2a.jpg
      79.6 KB · Views: 207
    • luger 3a.jpg
      luger 3a.jpg
      77.9 KB · Views: 196
    • luger 4a.jpg
      luger 4a.jpg
      78.5 KB · Views: 183
    • luger 8a.jpg
      luger 8a.jpg
      45.8 KB · Views: 173
    • luger 7a.jpg
      luger 7a.jpg
      54.5 KB · Views: 182

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Luger Stoeger 22lr from the 1970's. One original mag and one aftermarket mag.

This gun I believe had never been taken apart or cleaned. There must have been 1/16" of buildup in the chamber.

This pistol is from the 1970's as they were made from 1969 to 1985.

Gonna take it to Reds soon.

BTW, this gun is a pain in the *** to reassemble but figured it out as there are no reassembly videos I could find.

Will postup results after range visit.
    biggrin.gif

Nice.
    I like these.
    Use CCI mini-mag 40gr solid for your ammo.
    These things are really picky on ammo. Anything HP or blunt nosed will not cycle.
    Be sure the inside of the mag is clean and sliding freely.

Your piece is one of the mid production guns due to its frame markings.
    I've been collecting data on these for a few years trying to determine production dates.
    Closest I can figure your piece is 1971-73ish.
    The very early guns had the serial# and a very small address stamped on the left side of the frame and had checkered grips. These went up to somewhere in the 19,000 serial# range.
    The mid guns had a much larger address stamping(like your gun) and came with smooth grips. These went up to around serial# 46,000 range.
    The late guns moved the serial# and the large address to the right side of the frame and the logo to the left side. These also came with smooth grips. The markings stayed like that until end of production of the aluminum framed guns at over serial# 104,000.
    Then Stoeger began production of the steel framed guns.

topduarte

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2017
    Nice.
    I like these.
    Use CCI mini-mag 40gr solid for your ammo.
    These things are really picky on ammo. Anything HP or blunt nosed will not cycle.
    Be sure the inside of the mag is clean and sliding freely.

Your piece is one of the mid production guns due to its frame markings.
    I've been collecting data on these for a few years trying to determine production dates.
    Closest I can figure your piece is 1971-73ish.
    The very early guns had the serial# and a very small address stamped on the left side of the frame and had checkered grips. These went up to somewhere in the 19,000 serial# range.
    The mid guns had a much larger address stamping(like your gun) and came with smooth grips. These went up to around serial# 46,000 range.
    The late guns moved the serial# and the large address to the right side of the frame and the logo to the left side. These also came with smooth grips. The markings stayed like that until end of production of the aluminum framed guns at over serial# 104,000.
    Then Stoeger began production of the steel framed guns.

thank you for that info. I knew mine was from the 70's but was not sure when. Again thanks!!!

Top Bottom