• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    FWIW, I am not against MFA. But its implementation can be pretty burdensome to the employees.
    I understand requiring secondary authentication if I am logging in from the outside but if I am at work inside the firewall and I need to send an email, it is pretty burdensome to have to go through multiple pop-ups (which don't always work), have to fiddle with a mobile device etc. I am at work, on my DAMN computer, logged in as myself on the domain. Why do they need to bother me with MFA at this point? SMH
    Hurley's Gold

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    FWIW, I am not against MFA. But its implementation can be pretty burdensome to the employees.
    I understand requiring secondary authentication if I am logging in from the outside but if I am at work inside the firewall and I need to send an email, it is pretty burdensome to have to go through multiple pop-ups (which don't always work), have to fiddle with a mobile device etc. I am at work, on my DAMN computer, logged in as myself on the domain. Why do they need to bother me with MFA at this point? SMH

That’s a fûbar implementation. You should be MFA’d on to the VPN and then on to the domain. After that it’’s either SSO or trusted and having to dick with it is done.

texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    Yes, however, the last one a few days ago was posted in a non-sales forum and people bought. So even if I moderate new ads, in the classifieds, anything posted outside it seems folks still will consider. However, we may still switch to this.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Yes, however, the last one a few days ago was posted in a non-sales forum and people bought. So even if I moderate new ads, in the classifieds, anything posted outside it seems folks still will consider. However, we may still switch to this.

Huh. I saw the ad and didn’t think to check the specific forum or I would’ve reported it for being in the wrong place, which I’ve done a couple of times lately it seems like. Wonder if that was a testing of the waters.

texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    that one may have been in the right place, the one before it was not. I moved it fast and banned the acct for now. I am waiting on word to get a new addon created to fix the issue I think. However, folks need to stay off paypal. Feel free to PM me any time, I can check an account on any deal for anyone.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    that one may have been in the right place, the one before it was not. I moved it fast and banned the acct for now. I am waiting on word to get a new addon created to fix the issue I think. However, folks need to stay off paypal. Feel free to PM me any time, I can check an account on any deal for anyone.

Is this just when dealing with TGT, or are you saying "in general "?

Daley_G

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2021
    Cypress
    Yeah I'm seeing it outside the forum as well. With the various data breaches happening more frequently lately, it's a self-perpetuating phenomenon. As has been posted before, those who use the same passwords for multiple sites should at very minimum check their credentials at https://haveibeenpwned.com/.

texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    lots of forums are dealing with this. massive ones as well. My thing, these scammers will not verify who they are by phone, etc. So be diligent as I try to make new changes.

Top Bottom