• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    I do not know if this is related, but last week I started getting a bunch of spam on my E-mail. All of them classics, 'like .. redeem your (major retailer du jour) good customer reward..'. I spam them or block sender, nothing today. Seems a bit strange. Maybe nothing, but did anyone else have a spam flurry last week?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I do not know if this is related, but last week I started getting a bunch of spam on my E-mail. All of them classics, 'like .. redeem your (major retailer du jour) good customer reward..'. I spam them or block sender, nothing today. Seems a bit strange. Maybe nothing, but did anyone else have a spam flurry last week?
    No more than usual for me.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

I started getting those about 2-3 months ago.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I got an email from a very generous person: Barrister Williams from Zimbabwe. They are going to wire 25 million dollars to my bank account.
    And here I thought Zimbabwe was one of the poorer areas of the world.

DWDM_In_DFW

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 22, 2016
    Denton
    Still waiting on PayPal's dispute resolution, also contacted my credit union to dispute the ACH on that end if PayPal drops the ball.

Funny thing, this morning I got a call from my credit union's fraud detection department about a questionable charge on my debit card, which is the same one tied to my Paypal account, which was indeed fraudulent. Can't help but wonder at the timing on that. It didn't go through, so no worries there.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Everyone pay attention to your accounts. I just got a call from someone claiming to be from my bank. The card tied to my PP account, they were claiming there was an attempt to charge 931.00 at Walmart in Houston. I asked them to terminate the card, and he proceeded to ask for the pin#. I told him I'm not doing that over the phone, he then said he understands my skepticism, but would need the pin to deactivate the debit card three more times. I hung up with him and called my bank to cancel my card and ask if there was fraudulent attempts to chard that amount, she said "no" . They were phishing for the pin. They also had my cell number and sent texts about the fraud.

Seems awfully weird after the events here.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Everyone pay attention to your accounts. I just got a call from someone claiming to be from my bank. The card tied to my PP account, they were claiming there was an attempt to charge 931.00 at Walmart in Houston. I asked them to terminate the card, and he proceeded to ask for the pin#. I told him I'm not doing that over the phone, he then said he understands my skepticism, but would need the pin to deactivate the debit card three more times. I hung up with him and called my bank to cancel my card and ask if there was fraudulent attempts to chard that amount, she said "no" . They were phishing for the pin. They also had my cell number and sent texts about the fraud.

Seems awfully weird after the events here.
    Smart move. Yes, they were fishing for your PIN.

NO bank that I know of, needs your PIN to cancel or deactivate a card. Many even tell you that someone asking for your PIN is sure sign it's fraudulent activity of some sort.

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    I tried to stop payment to PayPal through my bank before it went through, but they were unable to stop it.

Payment posted yesterday, filed a dispute through PayPal.

They have up to 90 days to determine outcome.

Having used Friend's and family to pay I doubt they'll issue a refund.

My fault, lesson learned.

And dropping PayPal as a payment option and will no longer use their services.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    PayPal got back to me the same day I disputed it and said they would do nothing. It is what is. My fault for buying into that.
    Have you thought about buying one of those loadable disposable credit cards?

They only cost a few dollars to load money on, and they can be used anywhere Visa and MasterCard are accepted, and they can be found in most stores.

I started using them several years ago when I stopped using PayPal for my online purchases. So far pretty good luck.

I only load the amount needed to purchase and if the card gets hacked, at most I might lose a couple of dollars. If it gets hacked, I toss it, and get another new card to replace it.

Might be something to consider.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Have you thought about buying one of those loadable disposable credit cards?

They only cost a few dollars to load money on, and they can be used anywhere Visa and MasterCard are accepted, and they can be found in most stores.

I started using them several years ago when I stopped using PayPal for my online purchases. So far pretty good luck.

I only load the amount needed to purchase and if the card gets hacked, at most I might lose a couple of dollars. If it gets hacked, I toss it, and get another new card to replace it.

Might be something to consider.
    I have thought about it, just haven't done it. Considering I've had my Debit card hacked multiple times it would probably be wise. I usually pay cash for most things.

I'd love to drop PayPal, but it's convenient for customers to pay me that way. I've also considered many other of the transfer services like Venmo, Zell, Cash app etc... I don't think they are a secure as PayPal. I could be wrong though.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I have thought about it, just haven't done it. Considering I've had my Debit card hacked multiple times it would probably be wise. I usually pay cash for most things.

I'd love to drop PayPal, but it's convenient for customers to pay me that way. I've also considered many other of the transfer services like Venmo, Zell, Cash app etc... I don't think they are a secure as PayPal. I could be wrong though.
    I can understand your need for PayPal. Might I suggest getting a loadable credit card for your personal purchases and leaving PayPal for your customers to pay you?

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Not buying anything on TGT, but I was logged out of my account this morn.... when I tried to get back in, the system said my password was changed... But it's an alternate password I use. I don't remember doing that... is this going to be a problem?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Not buying anything on TGT, but I was logged out of my account this morn.... when I tried to get back in, the system said my password was changed... But it's an alternate password I use. I don't remember doing that... is this going to be a problem?
    You might send a PM to @texcross just to be on the safe side.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I tried to stop payment to PayPal through my bank before it went through, but they were unable to stop it.

Payment posted yesterday, filed a dispute through PayPal.

They have up to 90 days to determine outcome.

Having used Friend's and family to pay I doubt they'll issue a refund.

My fault, lesson learned.

And dropping PayPal as a payment option and will no longer use their services.
    Why is this a Paypal problem. I don't understand why people think Paypal is at fault. If I initiate a payment to a phony person via PayPal how is that the fault of Paypal. Am I missing something in this scam?

Top Bottom