• Status
    Not open for further replies.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I just don't see how it could be anything other than an inside job. The locks kind of point that out...
    One pair of bolt cutters is all it takes. Though a decade old, this still happens in broad daylight every day.

Capitol Armory ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    One pair of bolt cutters is all it takes. Though a decade old, this still happens in broad daylight every day.

This paragraph from the first post by the OP is what I base my assertion on.

A few days ago I got an email telling me that late charges are due and I'm locked out of my unit until the charges are paid. I went to the office to take with lardass and she explained it the best she could. So I paid the $134 late charge and their locks came off. Now the only way they could put their lock on the sliding lock is to remove our locks either by cutting or picking. When I went to get something out tonight, our locks were still on the sliding lock, so that means they took off one of our locks to put theirs on. I have no doubt whoever took off the first one also took off our second lock, opened it to see what was in it, saw a gold mine, probably took a couple samples, put theirs on until I came back and paid the bogus late charge, then put our locks back on until they wanted to come rob us. Conveniently, the video camera looking at the entry door to the building is off its mount and looks at the ground. The only other video camera looks away from the building and would not have any view of the parking lot for at least 25 feet from the building. I know, I've looked at the monitors many times.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    The previous contract had no mention of firearm or ammo prohibition. Interestingly, I got an email from the current management just about 5 days ago with a link to electronically sign the new rental contract. I haven't, and won't, sign it. The timing stinks, like everything else about this. Wife and I are currently getting together as many serial numbers as we can to give to police. Everyone involved knows that it was the management/staff of the storage facility that did this, we just don't have any way to prove it yet.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The previous contract had no mention of firearm or ammo prohibition. Interestingly, I got an email from the current management just about 5 days ago with a link to electronically sign the new rental contract. I haven't, and won't, sign it. The timing stinks, like everything else about this. Wife and I are currently getting together as many serial numbers as we can to give to police. Everyone involved knows that it was the management/staff of the storage facility that did this, we just don't have any way to prove it yet.
    If possible, you might contact other customers to see if there are other victims. It could possibly establish a pattern of sketchy patterns by the new owners or management.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I keep a spreadsheet with SNs and descriptions (stored in the cloud) of every gun i own and every gun I’ve sold.
    How secure is cloud storage? I just have a hard time believing that sending any personal or private information to a third party to hold is a good idea. Maybe there’s something I’m not seeing here.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    How secure is cloud storage? I just have a hard time believing that sending any personal or private information to a third party to hold is a good idea. Maybe there’s something I’m not seeing here.

Pretty damn secure if you own your own cloud. I use a Synology diskstation for my cloud host; I can choose whether to sync public cloud accounts as well.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    And how many people have complete access to the storage units? Those managing the storage facility. Yes, there is a chance some low-life customer could have, but I'd still put the better chances of them being stolen by someone working for the storage facility.

Sorry, but it's tougher to sneak into an R-rated movie than most storage facilities...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Exactly. If your lease agreement was with the previous owner, and you didn't sign a new lease agreement, then quite possibly the lease agreement would go back to the previous lease agreement, not the new one that wasn't signed by you.

Sorry, but even if it's not included in the terms of the lease, I would bet there's a clause which exonerates the property owner (current and/or previous) from any theft, damage, etc. that's common with most storage agreements. This isn't their first rodeo...

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    What Federal Agency do you recommend for him to report this to, and why?

Per Glen, his lease agreement said no guns or ammo. If true, that will quickly negate any civil action against the storage company. If anything, he was in violation of the terms of the contract.

I'm not trying to be a dick about it, but the good idea fairies aren't helping. Hopefully he had an insurance rider which covered the stolen firearms, it will be about his only chance of compensation for his loss.
    I’d say the ATF. What resources can they bring to bear to help? I don’t know, but I’d sure find out. I might get a guy that wants to make this issue a project. It’s not cooperating with the enemy. Were I in Glen’s shoes (God forbid), I’d want to shout from the rooftops that my stuff was ripped off. Every interested eye is better.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin

I don't know how secure they are but out last unit used cylinder locks.
    cylinder-lock-for-storage.jpeg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom