• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

texas yankee

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Frisco, TX
    I keep a spreadsheet with SNs and descriptions (stored in the cloud) of every gun i own and every gun I’ve sold.

With the defective cameras and changed rules and such, and being that the location is owned by a national chain, seems like a good attorney could help them understand the wisdom of making you whole.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Geez, Glen. That totally blows. I hate to say it, but I think it’s best to get the Feds involved. I am not a lawyer, but think doing so would at least document your efforts for potential use in a civil suit against the storage facility.
    The police report will document the loss.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I just don't see how it could be anything other than an inside job. The locks kind of point that out.

I'm not a huge fan of the ATF, but I do think this falls into their jurisdiction.

Damned sorry to hear this happened. I hope you are able to recover them, and the POS's responsible are prosecuted.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Geez, Glen. That totally blows. I hate to say it, but I think it’s best to get the Feds involved. I am not a lawyer, but think doing so would at least document your efforts for potential use in a civil suit against the storage facility.

What Federal Agency do you recommend for him to report this to, and why?

As was said earlier, I'd agree with talking to an attorney for a civil action. Negligence, possibly gross negligence, possible violation of existing contract, and other things.

Per Glen, his lease agreement said no guns or ammo. If true, that will quickly negate any civil action against the storage company. If anything, he was in violation of the terms of the contract.

I'm not trying to be a dick about it, but the good idea fairies aren't helping. Hopefully he had an insurance rider which covered the stolen firearms, it will be about his only chance of compensation for his loss.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Have you seen Storage Wars? They show how easy and quick it is to "break" into a unit.

Hell, there's even videos on U-Tube showing how to do it!

And how many people have complete access to the storage units? Those managing the storage facility. Yes, there is a chance some low-life customer could have, but I'd still put the better chances of them being stolen by someone working for the storage facility.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    What Federal Agency do you recommend for him to report this to, and why?

Per Glen, his lease agreement said no guns or ammo. If true, that will quickly negate any civil action against the storage company. If anything, he was in violation of the terms of the contract.

I'm not trying to be a dick about it, but the good idea fairies aren't helping. Hopefully he had an insurance rider which covered the stolen firearms, it will be about his only chance of compensation for his loss.

Even though the NO GUNS is in his lease agreement, what if that is the rules of the new owners agreement & nothing was ever signed when they took over & just implemented new rules?

@glenbo

Did you sign a new lease agreement with the new owners?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!

It could have been some opportunist watch him moving in or notice ammo crates & cans
    + long guns in cases leaning up against the walls when the door was open. Not knowing what type of door was on it, I assume a roll up garage type. Let this be lesson to yall with gun ammo & reloading benchs in your garage. Aint a theif alive that won't look into an opn garage.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Even though the NO GUNS is in his lease agreement, what if that is the rules of the new owners agreement & nothing was ever signed when they took over & just implemented new rules?

@glenbo

Did you sign a new lease agreement with the new owners?
    Exactly. If your lease agreement was with the previous owner, and you didn't sign a new lease agreement, then quite possibly the lease agreement would go back to the previous lease agreement, not the new one that wasn't signed by you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom