ARJ Defense ad

Gun rights linked to pro-gay message on posters in Seattle. The left loses it.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Agnostic, lol.

I don't dabble to much in all the different religious sects, cause I don't really care.

'Cept them damn "baptist" yahoos from Florida. But I don't believe one bit they care about religion, god, sin, or anything else.

The word agnostic generally describes someone who still believes in a higher power, but who doesn't follow any particular religion. Generally, if someone says they believe in God, but that they don't belong to any organized religion, it's a safe bet they're agnostic

Inalienable rights cannot come from man or Govt. They cannot grant them

Oh really? And just why is that, hmm? I'm seriously asking, by the way, not trying to sound like a dick.

FWIW, that post of mine that you quoted was mostly a joke.
    Texas SOT

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    IMO, these right we hold so dear are rights because they are.

I don't care what someone believes or why they believe that so long as they don't harm anyone following their beliefs.

I believe their is a huge lack of understanding of those who are atheists or follow non Christian religions.

Good morals are good morals, whether they come from the bible, Quran, or just something ingrained in a person from their parents or living life. They can also have the same urge to be free without being told their freedoms are granted by god.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    IMO, these right we hold so dear are rights because they are.

I don't care what someone believes or why they believe that so long as they don't harm anyone following their beliefs.

I believe their is a huge lack of understanding of those who are atheists or follow non Christian religions.

Good morals are good morals, whether they come from the bible, Quran, or just something ingrained in a person from their parents or living life. They can also have the same urge to be free without being told their freedoms are granted by god.

Thank you for saying what I believe, and doing so much better than I could.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    What makes small/no standing army not a libertarian principle... Please enlighten me as to how Thomas Jefferson was wrong when he stated that a standing army is dangerous to the liberties of the people...

Not saying that it is a good idea to get rid of our armed forces right now, nor am I saying those who volunteer for military are bad (far from it). Just saying if we had remained isolationists we wouldn't have such a need for an army and hopefully someday we can return to that mindset.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Kinda think you missed my point, but that is ok.

1) TJ was of course right and it was that very thinking that led to the restrictions on our standing Army as outlined in the Constitution. Historically standing armies have been used against the people. Only a POTUS who with TOTAL disregard for our nations laws and Constitution and acting in the capacity of a dictator could or would turn our military against we the people...YES I known Obama could be the first one to do so!!!

2) Well you cannot have it both ways, you cannot be a major actor on the world stage and the worlds superpower and the worlds cop on the beat and live in isolation.

We are a big country with 315 M people, the worlds largest economy and its highest standard of living. Do you or anyone think we could maintain this without a major military and one that is the strongest in the world? Speak German, Russian or Chinese and maybe all of the above...YET?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Kinda think you missed my point, but that is ok.

1) TJ was of course right and it was that very thinking that led to the restrictions on our standing Army as outlined in the Constitution. Historically standing armies have been used against the people. Only a POTUS who with TOTAL disregard for our nations laws and Constitution and acting in the capacity of a dictator could or would turn our military against we the people...YES I known Obama could be the first one to do so!!!

2) Well you cannot have it both ways, you cannot be a major actor on the world stage and the worlds superpower and the worlds cop on the beat and live in isolation.

We are a big country with 315 M people, the worlds largest economy and its highest standard of living. Do you or anyone think we could maintain this without a major military and one that is the strongest in the world? Speak German, Russian or Chinese and maybe all of the above...YET?

Lincoln did it, although IMO he actually invaded a separate sovereign nation.

Last edited:

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Big difference between libertarianism and the Libertarian party. Big "L" vs little "l".

And even within that party there's different platforms by state. For example, Texas' Libertarian party is Pro Life for the reasons stated above.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    You must not be married. One wife is enough for me, how anybody thinks they can handle more then one woman at a time is beyond me.

It was a joke, referring to the Mormons who ended up supporting the "boy" scout reversal. Since they have a more recent history of poligamy.

That being said, what if they were born wanting more than one woman, who are we to stand in prejudice to them. It's poligamy phobia. You knuckle draggers. Who are we to stand in the way of love.... We should tolerate alternate lifestyles, it's the new normal....

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    It was a joke, referring to the Mormons who ended up supporting the "boy" scout reversal. Since they have a more recent history of poligamy.

That being said, what if they were born wanting more than one woman, who are we to stand in prejudice to them. It's poligamy phobia. You knuckle draggers. Who are we to stand in the way of love.... We should tolerate alternate lifestyles, it's the new normal....

No, really. Why not polygamy? Serious question.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    No, really. Why not polygamy? Serious question.
    Mormon here. By no way I'm speaking the opinions of my church. Just have had a while to think about it.

We can no longer practice, even where it's legal or get booted form the church. There are sects of my religion that allow it but are by no way associated.

I can see where it could change though, in the 30 and older group there are 10 women who are ardent Mormons for every 1 ardent man in our religion.

In sects that do practice polygamy there is a huge problem with supply and demand. Too few women, so they go young and boys have a good possibly of getting kicked out of the sect at the age of sexual maturity.

As far as society today I think the supply and demand would favor the wealthy and cause social inequality in breeding privileges. This type of root nature imbalance would spark a social war then shortly a physical one.

Honestly I could see, in the olden days polygamy how this solved homosexuality. Lesbians had other women in the house and were taken care of by a man and some men just went out and lived their own lives.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Mormon here. By no way I'm speaking the opinions of my church. Just have had a while to think about it.

We can no longer practice, even where it's legal or get booted form the church. There are sects of my religion that allow it but are by no way associated.

I can see where it could change though, in the 30 and older group there are 10 women who are ardent Mormons for every 1 ardent man in our religion.

In sects that do practice polygamy there is a huge problem with supply and demand. Too few women, so they go young and boys have a good possibly of getting kicked out of the sect at the age of sexual maturity.

As far as society today I think the supply and demand would favor the wealthy and cause social inequality in breeding privileges. This type of root nature imbalance would spark a social war then shortly a physical one.

Honestly I could see, in the olden days polygamy how this solved homosexuality. Lesbians had other women in the house and were taken care of by a man and some men just went out and lived their own lives.

Supply and demand are already whacked, and people who are rich enough already get as many women as they want. I really don't see how things would change.

Top Bottom