• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Ride quality is completely dependent on intended riding style.

Gotta say, kind of a dick move to piss all over Harley in a guy's thread about his new Harley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Fine, I'll clear it all, for him. I didn't really think about that before I posted so it's my fault. Kind of strange hearing that though, coming from someone who couldn't seem to stop ragging on Harley.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Did my first mod to the Harley. Put Harley Defiance grips on. Next week my Vance and Hines Slash 3 inch black slip on mufflers should be in

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I pulled the posts after a realization that it wasn't appropriate as pointed out. You didn't go with the Vance and Hines exhaust? Man, those things sound awesome on any bike.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    I pulled the posts after a realization that it wasn't appropriate as pointed out. You didn't go with the Vance and Hines exhaust? Man, those things sound awesome on any bike.

I am getting the Vance and Hines Twin Slash 3 inch slip ons. Should have them by the end of next week. Then next month I am going to order the Vance and Hines Fuel pak FP3. After the warranty is up on the bike I plan on doing the 1200 bolt on swap kit then I will put on full exhaust

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Enjoy the ride, watch out for stupid people. It's bad here when going home. Every day when I get on 2484 to Salado, people run reds and lane change abruptly. Probably won't go that way if I start riding to work.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Looks good, plan on completely swapping out the exhaust?
    I will do full exhaust after I do the 1200 conversion in a couple years but for now just slip ons. There is no cat anymore since the cat is in the slip on and the new slip on does not have a cat. So the way I see it there really isn't a point If it was an older model where the cat was in the head pipe then it would be a different story. Next mod is the Vance and Hines fuel pack fp3 then air cleaner Going to have to tune when I put the Air cleaner on.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    The Vance and Hines grenades I have on my bike are nice and loud. I want it loud but not something that is going to shatter windows. That deep throaty sound is what I was after and the Indian just sucks at that when it comes to the exhaust. It's quiet and only gets abrasive in the higher RPMS stock. If you are ever in the Killeen/Belton/Temple/Salado area stop by, we can go riding on some back roads.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    The Vance and Hines grenades I have on my bike are nice and loud. I want it loud but not something that is going to shatter windows. That deep throaty sound is what I was after and the Indian just sucks at that when it comes to the exhaust. It's quiet and only gets abrasive in the higher RPMS stock. If you are ever in the Killeen/Belton/Temple/Salado area stop by, we can go riding on some back roads.
    Its got a real nice low rumble at idle now and really flippen loud when I get on it. I am going to ride it for awhile and if I get tired of it I can just put the quiet baffles in. I am not in Killeen very often but I do sometimes go to Fort Hood so next time I am in the area I will hit you up to ride.

vanguard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Commerce, Georgia
    ROFL......amen , when i was 21 i just bought a new yamaha seca 550 and a guy at church ask to ride it, i should have known better when he asked me which is the gas and which is the brake, well he drove it right into the side of a dumpster and did $2500 worth of damage . the bike was $ 2900 new. NEVER AGAIN. oh I love your bike.:usflag:

Top Bottom