• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Sweet bike. I'd cut about a foot off the rear fender. Take off the front. Pull the engine and paint it. Raise the front of the tank about 2". Different seat. Different headlight.

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Nice ride! Been riding 52 years and the Harley Sportster is the best of all the bikes that I've owned!

Except for the windshield and a box on the back of mine, it is absolutely stock. Pipes? Hell, just ride it as is. It's a great ride just like it comes from Harley!

Advice? Don't let anyone ride it. I used to answer their requests..... "If I had a wife, I'd let you ride her, before I'd let you ride my bike!"

Run the best fuel that you can get in your area. The bike will spit and buck on regular fuel. That's actually a high performance engine.

Have fun!

Flash

Last edited:

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Nice ride! Been riding 52 years and the Harley Sportster is the best of all the bikes that I've owned!

Except for the windshield and a box on the back of mine, it is absolutely stock. Pipes? Hell, just ride it as is. It's a great ride just like it comes from Harley!

Advice? Don't let anyone ride it. I used to answer their requests..... "If I had a wife, I'd let you ride her, before I'd let you ride my bike!"

Run the best fuel that you can get in your area. The bike will spit and buck on regular fuel. That's actually a high performance engine.

Have fun!

Flash

I had a Street bike aka crotch rocket years ago that I let someone who claimed they rode. dumb @ss droped the clutch full rev bike when heal over toe. I never let anyone ride my bikes anymore. I learned the hard way.

PRE-K

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Tomball
    Sweet bike. I'd cut about a foot off the rear fender. Take off the front. Pull the engine and paint it. Raise the front of the tank about 2". Different seat. Different headlight.

I get it...

Adding to your list, I'd maybe swap to a stiffer frame, revise the geometry, trim about 200lbs, upgrade the brakes.

Who's next?

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    I'm going to be getting a 1200 Custom in a month or so. That Harley just makes me want it sooner.

I know I can not believe its sitting outside and its all mine lol. I haven't had a bike since 2012 so it was a long time a coming. I just have no clue on pipes for it because its my first Harley. I want to go for a ride but I am watching my son 2 weeks old while my wife takes a nap.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Harley dealers usually offer their own thing if you wanted to go that route. Yeah it's expensive as hell but it does look nice. I've already got some things I want done before I take delivery of mine in the coming month(s). I wanted a cruiser that was just the essentials, I see no need to spend 20+ grand on a bike with a batwing. Don't need a radio, don't need an alarm system, and I don't need a fuel gage or any of the other stuff like the self canceling turn signals. I am buying to ride and cruise not sit in a car.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Harley dealers usually offer their own thing if you wanted to go that route. Yeah it's expensive as hell but it does look nice. I've already got some things I want done before I take delivery of mine in the coming month(s). I wanted a cruiser that was just the essentials, I see no need to spend 20+ grand on a bike with a batwing. Don't need a radio, don't need an alarm system, and I don't need a fuel gage or any of the other stuff like the self canceling turn signals. I am buying to ride and cruise not sit in a car.
    I agree completely the only things I will do is add nice pipes and maybe some traditional style saddle bags.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'll bring you a couple quarts of oil at the fall meet for a bike warming gift :p

Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom