• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I have people asking when we're going to sell some land, all the time.
    I tell them, "I ain't selling anything, but I'll buy if any neighbor wants to sell".

I'd go back to work full time for another 50+ acres.
    My land will never be for sale as long as I'm drawing breath. Also my wife doesn't inherit the land when I die, it goes into a trust that will be overseen by my brother. Wife will have a home there until she passes, and then it reverts to my brother for my nieces to inherit. I'm doing that to keep it out of the hands of her kids. If she inherits the property, they would just sell it off for the money when she passes. None of them have contributed to helping with the property, so I have no desire to see any of them rewarded with profits from it's sale. At least with my nieces, they are my family and would likely keep the property.
    Gun Zone Deals

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    My land will never be for sale as long as I'm drawing breath. Also my wife doesn't inherit the land when I die, it goes into a trust that will be overseen by my brother. Wife will have a home there until she passes, and then it reverts to my brother for my nieces to inherit. I'm doing that to keep it out of the hands of her kids. If she inherits the property, they would just sell it off for the money when she passes. None of them have contributed to helping with the property, so I have no desire to see any of them rewarded with profits from it's sale. At least with my nieces, they are my family and would likely keep the property.
    Thats pretty smart. My dad is in a similar situation. He married a lady with deadbeat kids. They're waiting on him to kick it so they can get the house. Burns me up just thinking about it and my dad's scared to talk to a lawyer because it might piss her off.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Strangely, real estate prices out here in this small community have been going down and are real soft. I've watched properties for sale get their prices reduced $5K, 10K, 2K, one was $50K reduction, which means it was over priced to start with. We're watching for the market to start back up and we're going to be ready to sell.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Aint nothing new:

"And no wonder neither, for the people are 'piling in' here as thick as pig-track around a corn crib door and they have fenced up the prairies so the the indians won't venture in for fear of being 'hemmed up'. If I only knew where all these people come from, I'd go there for there right off, for there can't be anyone left behind and a fellow wouldn't be 'scrouged' to death, as he is here now. Of all things in the world, I hate being 'fenced up;' I want plenty of elbow-room and plenty of 'outlet,' but here you can't travel half a dozen miles in any direction without being headed off by somebody's fence"

~Bigfoot Wallace c1870

I highly recommend the book THE ADVENTURES OF BIGFOOT WALLACE by Duval. Full of stories and lies and a great book about early Texas when it was wild.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Thats pretty smart. My dad is in a similar situation. He married a lady with deadbeat kids. They're waiting on him to kick it so they can get the house. Burns me up just thinking about it and my dad's scared to talk to a lawyer because it might piss her off.
    I'm not a lawyer so anyone feel free to correct me, but if the property were a pre-marital asset could he will it to his own children?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I remember when heading south on US75 (now I45) out of Houston towards Galveston, after Park Place there was nothing but prairie all they way to Galveston. Maybe a couple of gas stations.. No Pierce Elevated in downton Houston, going through downtown you had to go through every single stoplight in downtown.

Tomball used to be a little city out in the sticks, took a trip from Houston to get out there.

Pearland was a tiny farming community. Katy was a good ways out from Houston, just a little rice farming community.

If I move again, it will be so deep in the piney woods that if I hear a car I will know I have company coming.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Living in Katy development has grown so much. 7' water pipeline going in less than a 1/2 miles away to supply all the new construction. I remember driving out to Katy from our condo in the Galleria and thinking country life. Woods I would walk in gone, feel sorry for all the wildlife.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Something! County got onto to them a couple of weeks ago about their cows constantly getting out and they had to finally actually fix the fences to keep the cows in.
    One neighbors cows jumps the fence at least once a month. What’s annoying is I’m surrounded most of the time so cows around here are used to me and won’t get scared. They will just be cool with me and not feel the need to jump back. They don’t like the riding mower though. I can get em moving with that.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Hell IIRC I mentioned this when you were doing recon. There was very little way I could have moved there.

Last week was the $3.00 senior lunch at the ELLVFD. Some politician came and spoke. He is a banker realtor & rancher. He said he recently sold 100 acre plotting of the worst land he ever seen at $10k per acre.

I don’t want to sound alarmist but land sales are wide spread here in Limestone county. Sunday when I went to Palestine for a friends birthday I seen lots of land being cleared. If y’all had dreams of getting out of the city, you might want to move up your timeline.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    One neighbors cows jumps the fence at least once a month. What’s annoying is I’m surrounded most of the time so cows around here are used to me and won’t get scared. They will just be cool with me and not feel the need to jump back. They don’t like the riding mower though. I can get em moving with that.
    These idiots bought the place next door about two years ago, moved their horses and cows in and never bothered to repair the old fences. Horses are in corrals, but the cows just step over the fencing that borders the property. They have been out on the roads all the way up to the highway, and in the neighbor's and our yard as well.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    These idiots bought the place next door about two years ago, moved their horses and cows in and never bothered to repair the old fences. Horses are in corrals, but the cows just step over the fencing that borders the property. They have been out on the roads all the way up to the highway, and in the neighbor's and our yard as well.
    That’s just stupid.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Living in Katy development has grown so much. 7' water pipeline going in less than a 1/2 miles away to supply all the new construction. I remember driving out to Katy from our condo in the Galleria and thinking country life. Woods I would walk in gone, feel sorry for all the wildlife.
    That Pipeline is to get us off of well water and go to surface water, it is for the whole area.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Yep our sleepy little drinking town with a fishing problem is growing exponentially with "affordable housing apts" going up everywhere..........

But it's ok....it will be Dr's, nurses and other professionals living in them........

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Stop rustling them liberals cattle

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Exactly. Anyone with any lick of sense knows if you buy or lease property to put cows or horses on, first thing you do before turning them out is to check the perimeter fences and repair them first.
    If you hadn’t been stealing their water they could afford to fix ‘em. NOT.

For added fun you need to find some squatters to move in over there.

Top Bottom