• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

One of the draws for us to Magnolia, aside from family in the area, was the small town feel. With all the damn development going on, it's quickly becoming the sprawling mess of a suburb that we left in lefty-land. Just heard about this new 800-home development slated to go in across 1488 from our neighborhood.

I foresee more flooding, more traffic, more crime, and higher property tax bills. I also foresee the quiet little town loosing its quiet little town charm, and turning into just another Houston suburb.

We have friends that have a plan to pull the pin and move to central Texas in a couple years to a tiny town - and honestly, at this point, we may do the same depending on our situation at that point. I grew up in the country, and get kinda claustrophobic in town. Town is growing to encompass us - at this point I wouldn't be surprised if in a year or three Magnolia pushes the city limit out and starts annexing our area. They did for the area HEB is building a new store at 1488 and 149, across from Magnolia High.

We love the area right now but the writing is on the wall. If the housing market doesnt' completely crash like 08 (I think it honestly will) and we can get what we have into this place, or better - I honestly see us selling and relocating again, to the chagrin of my wife. If we don't crash and this market keeps going up and up, hell, maybe we'll double the value. That just means to get a comparable place, we'll be paying a lot more too.

Frickin Zillow / Realtor.com estimate our place has gained $60k in value since we moved here. That's nuts. But if someone wants to get stupid and offer me half a mil, they can have everything on the property but my guns, the clothes on our backs, and the car to get us the hell out right now.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Sad but nothing last forever.

We owe 160k something for a manufactured home and almost 12 acres. Trying to expand to 20 acres with my neighbor north. Prices are stupid high and it’s just going to get worse before it gets worse.

12 acres feels like a big yard. It’s meh. My retirement goal is 50-200 acres and the nearest town is a ways away.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Sad but nothing last forever.

We owe 160k something for a manufactured home and almost 12 acres. Trying to expand to 20 acres with my neighbor north. Prices are stupid high and it’s just going to get worse before it gets worse.

12 acres feels like a big yard. It’s meh. My retirement goal is 50-200 acres and the nearest town is a ways away.

My goal on the next move is at *least* 10.5 or 11 acres - big enough that I won't have any county nonsense to deal with RE hunting / shooting on my own property, and also enough room to stretch out and not have my next door neighbor right on top of me. More would obviously be better - and if I could dig a 5+ acre pond on the place, even better.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    My goal on the next move is at *least* 10.5 or 11 acres - big enough that I won't have any county nonsense to deal with RE hunting / shooting on my own property, and also enough room to stretch out and not have my next door neighbor right on top of me. More would obviously be better - and if I could dig a 5+ acre pond on the place, even better.
    If you haven’t done so in 10-12 years contact me.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    So sad. I remember driving from Houston to Fairfield 20 years ag, there was a noticeable rural drive between the two. Now, it’s like I never leave Houston on that same drive. Same can be said for Katy. I want out...
    Oh - I had an old Porsche that lead me up that road pretty quick not too long ago. There's still a bit of room just south of Fairfield.

Top Bottom