• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpatm2

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Pinapple 2.jpg
    Pineapples and aloe vera planted in pots. Hopefully they will love living outside most of the year.

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    Looking good MH cucumbers did extremely well here to got tired up putting them up now its okra. Is that green salsa or just peppers got a lot of peppers to put up also. Recipe

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Salsa, japapenos, pickled okra, pickled cucumbers. A few different recipes, some whole, some cut, just to keep it all mixed up.

The latest batches have habanero in them to kick em up a notch.

I also have quite a bit of okra I've already vacuum packed and in the freezer. I have a dozen okra plants. Stuff is ridiculous - have to pick it almost every day.

I like okra and tomatoes, with some onions/shallots, bacon and sometimes shrimp or whitetail/elk sausage.

Last edited:

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    Are those first year plants. Strawberries have a few requirements to get started. first getting planted to the right depth, second no fruit the first year pull all blooms and fruit as soon as possible allowing the plant to get well established. there are some soil requirements I don't remember off hand

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Are those first year plants. Strawberries have a few requirements to get started. first getting planted to the right depth, second no fruit the first year pull all blooms and fruit as soon as possible allowing the plant to get well established. there are some soil requirements I don't remember off hand
    Yeah they are first year plants. I didn't know strawberries needed such care. I remember as a kid we had some strawberries in the garden that didn't do anything for a couple years so my dad got tired of them and just bush-hogged over them one fall. The next year the strawberries came back with a vengeance, took over that section of the garden with their vines, and we had great berries after that :laughing:

I shall google what berries need... Thanks!

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    I got a pressure canner for chrismas. With the canned my winter beets and almost everything since. Have planned the stew just havnt done it yet

Top Bottom