• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beenut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    They need to get rid of the stuff not used here amd pu t in reloading stuff .Don't know many people here who buy beaver traps andstuff like that.
    They needed to have researched the market better.
    Texas SOT

Muzzle210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    North San Antonio
    Its great to walk in and know what I need is going to be there(9mm FMJ) for practice. The winchester 100 round white box is way marked up from what I use to pay at wal-mart. I use to pay 23 and change and now its almost twice as much. But you know what, its available and my hope is that it will nock the profiters out of the picture being the supply is there and will kill the demand needed by the profiters(small shops). And now I have a shot at gettin some 22lr cci mini mag. Hell ya. WELCOME Gander Mountain.

T-FAST

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Yeah the 100rd pack was more that just buying 2 boxes of 50, which is what I did. Gun prices were pretty high though. They did have one of those magical $990 Wasr AK.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Dropped in the other day looking for reloading supplies, as the website shows a decent selection. No brass, no powder, no projectiles, no primers. Grabbed a few boxes of .22 LR and beat feet.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    We generally don't carry reloading supplies in store anymore. Some online stuff is online only, and your best bet is to call into a store to see if we have it if you find something online that you like.

Sucks, I know, but that's just the way it is :/

erratadata

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    NW SAN Antonio
    That WASR wasn't $990, more like $899 or something like that. I saw it today. Still outrageous.

You're right Mike, they're $899. I was looking at them last week. Nice, but about $150 too pricey, as are all of their guns. I drop in about twice a week if I can, just to look at their used guns. They had a '03 Colt hammerless .32 ACP last time I was there. But vacation is looming large so I showed some restraint.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    still havent been. didnt realize it was just down the street till this week. not much i need right now though. im looking into gwtting some 147gr HST but thats an interweb purchase.

i wanna get back into buying a box of 124/147 speer lawman whenever i can, but its still hard to come by.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Stopped by couple of days ago: Call the store 'Cabela's Lite". BIG lineup of guns of all kinds, nor real super deals except what they advertise to get you in the store.

Enjoyable but lacks depth of products. Was looking at meat grinders but they had no casings or other support items. Bass Pro has less models of meat grinders, but a good support section of blades, casings etc. Saw that theme thru the store. Still a place to shop without having to go to Buda or Bass Pro...

SA Justin

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    Stopped by today. You guys weren't kidding about them having a lot of guns. Probably twice what Bass Pro Shop has.

Only complaint was the lowball offer they gave me for my M&P Shield 9mm. Only offered $250 but I probably shouldn't have been surprised...

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Stopped by today. You guys weren't kidding about them having a lot of guns. Probably twice what Bass Pro Shop has.

Only complaint was the lowball offer they gave me for my M&P Shield 9mm. Only offered $250 but I probably shouldn't have been surprised...

60% of book value IIRC

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    About what you can expect from most gun shops. Sell it yourself and get more money for it.

+1

But our lowballing makes for some great deals for us. Could have bought a Remington 1100 field for $200 the other day. Store offered the guy $180 for it and I think he took it from what my friend who appraised it told me.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Heinz Bar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Spring Branch
    It runs all weekend. 3 Day Only Gander Gun Show is what they are calling it. Salesperson said they were holding a couple of pallets of ammo for the event.

Top Bottom