• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    OK, prices may not be the greatest but they sure as heck have a nice selection of new firearms! They claim the biggest in the area, and based on the size of their gun counter (it runs all the way across the back wall and then some), I think they might be right!

I picked up five boxes of Federal .22LR Target ammo for $17.99/box, the same stuff that's running $30-40 at the gun shows. They do have a lot of ammo and that alone is worth checking out. As for the rest of the store, it's nice and the employees are pretty friendly; but I don't see myself shopping for much there outside of ammo.

Academy and Walmart do have better prices, but not quite the selection.

Cheers! M2

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I saw some fiocchi .45 230 gr fmj for $22, 50 rds at my location a week ago. Our used guns tend to be pretty cool. We have some merkels and old colt SAA's and leverguns

erratadata

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    NW SAN Antonio
    I saw some fiocchi .45 230 gr fmj for $22, 50 rds at my location a week ago. Our used guns tend to be pretty cool. We have some merkels and old colt SAA's and leverguns

You can browse their used guns online, purchase, and have it shipped to your local store for pickup. Nice feature. Still waiting to get off work so I can go.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Academy and Walmart do have better prices, but not quite the selection.

Cheers! M2

I agree. Nice place and great selection but as far as prices, I will probably stick to Walmart, Academy or online. Perhaps I'll just keep an eye out for anything on sale and see how they are then.

I didn't get a chance to really look at any guns, but I would probably make another trip just to do that. The selection was impressive.

I think everyone I saw there picked up .22 ammo. It was just nice to see in such quantity. :cool:

On the plus side it's another option to, at least, shop and I overheard the contractor hanging the sign saying that they were opening up a location on the Northside. He mentioned the location but I got distracted and didn't here exactly where.

jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Yes, very nice selection of new guns. Nice to have a store that stocks CZs. They only had 1 pistol on hand (P01) but had several shotguns and rifles. I counted about 20+ different Glock models in the counter. Prices weren't the best but the selection was nice.

20130827_115202_zps18b8940e.gif

20130827_115206_zps5fc93f6e.jpg

Last edited:

jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    One of the employees told me they were going to have an official grand opening the weekend of Oct. 4th. Said some of the cast of Swamp People and Duck Dynasty are scheduled to attend but he didn't know any specifics....

erratadata

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    NW SAN Antonio
    Just got back from there. My take on it is about the same as everyone else's. They have a metric buttload of new guns, no used ones yet. The ammo is fully stocked, but it is $2 -$3 higher a 50rd box than Academy, which is higher than Wally World, but not exorbitantly priced like some of the gouging gun shops. Guns are high too. 2 weeks ago I bought a S&W SD40VE at Academy for $299, regularly $319, at Gander it was $379. But they do price match.

Did I mention they have a lot of guns? A large selection of accessories too. I think they rival Cabela's, maybe even more, if you don't take into account Cabela's high-end room. Huge selection of holsters too.

BTW, they have a lot of guns. I thought I was done with the handguns when I saw the optics cabinet, then I realized there were even more past the optics.

I didn't even look at long guns, and I was there about an hour. They have a lot of guns.

The place was empty. We hit it at dinner hour, and the fact that the opening was not advertised contributed to that I'm sure.

All in all, another place to go shopping, and looking. No trigger locks either. You could actually check the lock-up on a revolver or the SA pull on an auto, They have a lot of guns.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Yes, very nice selection of new guns. Nice to have a store that stocks CZs. They only had 1 pistol on hand (P01) but had several shotguns and rifles. I counted about 20+ different Glock models in the counter. Prices weren't the best but the selection was nice.

20130827_115202_zps18b8940e.gif

20130827_115206_zps5fc93f6e.jpg

Are you joking??? San Antonio got all the cool guns! All we have is some shit 50 cal bushmaster! I want an M107!

txreloader

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Bandera Country
    I stopped in today at lunch time after seeing on here that they were open. I was hoping they were going to carry reloading supplies , but they don't. They do have a boatload of guns but they were priced high. I still prefer Cabelas.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I stopped in today at lunch time after seeing on here that they were open. I was hoping they were going to carry reloading supplies , but they don't. They do have a boatload of guns but they were priced high. I still prefer Cabelas.

We used to carry more reloading gear but now all we have is a beginners single stage press and a lee production pot that is near some fishing sinker casting dies

Top Bottom