• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    A lot of vacuum truck companies are hiring too. Most require haz-mat but some don't. There are a lot of companies looking for drivers in the Eagle Ford area where I live. Even I am going to start looking for a oilfield job with a local company.

Jlrockboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Midland
    Another thing to remember West Texas it is easy to find a job, it impossible to find a place to live. I am sure that the EagleFord areas are just as bad. Be prepared to bring your own living space (travel trailer), some companies are putting up man camps to house employees. As has been mentioned the oil field is work, work, work and then you get some time off maybe. You will make more money then you would in any other business. That was the problem I always had when trying to find work out side of the oil industry. I was always paid way better than other industry. Many companies are having job fairs to find employees.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    I have access to my own RV through a family member job seems like the easy part just knowing whether I can hang is the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Another thing to remember West Texas it is easy to find a job, it impossible to find a place to live. I am sure that the EagleFord areas are just as bad. Be prepared to bring your own living space (travel trailer), some companies are putting up man camps to house employees. As has been mentioned the oil field is work, work, work and then you get some time off maybe. You will make more money then you would in any other business. That was the problem I always had when trying to find work out side of the oil industry. I was always paid way better than other industry. Many companies are having job fairs to find employees.

Midland is apparently awful, a friend from school is shoveling out twice the rent we are here in Laredo for the same size apartment.

Eagle ford isn't all bad depending where you are, the other half got a job working that formation and we live in laredo. She has a 2-3hr drive out to site but when you are on 10 off 5 its not like you make it daily. If you want to live in Cotulla though be prepared to spend some serious money just to split an apartment or duplex with someone.

Last edited:

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Got hired at Trican as a equipment operator yesterday just waiting on my background to come back clean and ill be moving on but I'm just being cautious.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    I'm 100% new to anything oilfield this is just my first opportunity in that world. I know I will learn more about the other aspects as I go along like this mudd logging you speak of.

Blayglock

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    San Antonio, TX
    I'm a burnt out driver in DFW willing to drive but the pay needs to be right hence looking in the oilfield. I'm not from Texas know nothing about the oil field other than hard hats and fire resistant clothing 24/7 so I'm interested in the work.

We are needing drivers now. I work in the Eagle Ford. PM me if interested. I work for a PSL of Halliburton. You will need Hazmat and Tanker certification.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom