• ...and so much more!
  • Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Talking to a recruiting company a buddy of mine referred me too. He's working for Trican the recruiter asked if I just wanted to drive a Truck or drive a truck and work on a crew said crews are 10% driving and the rest work. So I'm curious place is called Mile High Energy Solutions out of Denver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    I'm a burnt out driver in DFW willing to drive but the pay needs to be right hence looking in the oilfield. I'm not from Texas know nothing about the oil field other than hard hats and fire resistant clothing 24/7 so I'm interested in the work.

Jlrockboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Midland
    Drivers just drive and leave at the well site the materials used in fracturing a well. Mhy neighbor who works for said, Halliburton was paying close to 65,000.00 a year for drivers, Drivers must have a CDL. A crew member is some one working on the fracturing job at the well site, rig all the equipment up, steel piping which can weight up to a couple of hundred pounds, they then man the throttles on the diesel engines which move the fluid, sand mixture down the well. When you work on a hydraulic fracturing crew, you will be on the well site for hours. The last fracturing job I observed they pumped for 18 hours straight moving 250,000 gallons and 300,000 pounds of sand. You will be in the elements come rain, shine, heat, and boning chilling cold. Most of the companies have been saying you will only now work, 40-50 hours a week with days off. When I worked in the field 35 years ago for Baroid Drilling fluids, days off were when you had no work. This is a quick over view.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    I realize these people are recruiters and try to reel you in dealt with that before said 80k a year seemed good to me but again I'm trying to find all the info I can.

Jeffrey

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Longview, Tx
    For a frac hand with a CDL, 80k is reasonable. You will work like a Hebrew slave, though. And just because FRC's are blistering hot in the summer doesn't mean they are warm in the winter.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    I work like a slave now for less than the going rate of a good Hebrew, my hrs are all over the place one day start at 5am next at 7 today I start at 11 and all this for less than 50k a yr.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I will grab some info for ya in a day or two, i know you have to have a tanker,hazmat endorsememt,
    The co will get you a twic card, im taking my class a test next week,
    Then heading down to george west and surrounding areas.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    I really prefer west Texas for the weather yes I said weather love the dry heat can't stand humidity. I'm a industrial rigger now I drive a truck to jobs than work all day and drive my truck back so really it's not a big deal on the wrkn part help burn my belly off too.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I just got a load of propane delivered and was talking to the guy. He came down from up East as a driver to work the oil patch and did for several years then moved S and worked Eagle Ford and just recently quit. I asked why he quit. He told me he thought he knew hard work (he is an older guy, late 40's - early 50's based upon age of kids). He said he made money, more than any union up east will ever pay. But you work H A R D, rain, shit or shine, don't feel good, don't care, you better show up for work as there is somebody out there wanting to jump on your job. Turn over is high due to hard rough work, screw up, you are gone, little room for mistakes and no room for sick, lame or lazy. It was just him and his wife and they managed to tuck away a good chunk of money and are retiring here in Texas (said he wished he had believed and come down here 40 years ago).

He also mentioned that if you have a weak or problem marriage or relationship, the this will kill it for sure. When you walk in the door for some home time you wil sleep the first 2 days, then most likey you will head out again not knowing or sure when you will roll back in.

He said he has no regrets, but burn out comes fast, lot faster if you need home time, got kids etc. He said the guys that do the best come to work and are ready to work 24x7 any other attitude will cut your stay short...

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    I'm single probably not used to the work but ill give it a shot, I realize ill have no life but I have some financial goals I want to reach an this seems like the best if not the easiest way to accomplish them.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I'm single probably not used to the work but ill give it a shot, I realize ill have no life but I have some financial goals I want to reach an this seems like the best if not the easiest way to accomplish them.

I have done that. It was not in the oil patch, but in another field. I was single, no one in my life and just wanting to make money. There was no limit on overtime and being young I hit 40 hrs by Wed. Slept in my car every other night and the work was hard work but inside. Later they held us to 96 hrs a week due to so many accidents on the job. Lasted about 2 years, but put some coin in the bank for me...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom