• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    When I was in the AF we had a lot of GS's on our base. One of them who had already retired from the military and was working on his civil servant retirement as well, would come in to "work" his minimum 5hrs, then leave to goto his second job as some sort of school admin. He was working the system real good and would have three government retirement checks by the time he was 60.

"Work" is in quotes above, because the vast majority of the time he was napping at his desk. He would put out an open package of cookies on his desk so you could just sneak in without waking him and have a cookie. This guy was white, so it's not just minorities that get away with that crap. It's the good ole boy network... One of the many many reasons I never want to work for the government ever again.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    When I was in the AF we had a lot of GS's on our base. One of them who had already retired from the military and was working on his civil servant retirement as well, would come in to "work" his minimum 5hrs, then leave to goto his second job as some sort of school admin. He was working the system real good and would have three government retirement checks by the time he was 60.

"Work" is in quotes above, because the vast majority of the time he was napping at his desk. He would put out an open package of cookies on his desk so you could just sneak in without waking him and have a cookie. This guy was white, so it's not just minorities that get away with that crap. It's the good ole boy network... One of the many many reasons I never want to work for the government ever again.

Sounds like my next door neighbor in AR. Retired Army, and apparently twice from USPS - still trying to figure that out.

But folks in that part of the country seem to have a knack for it.

Being raised basically in Texas since shortly after WWII, and taught to stand firmly with both feet on the ground and hoe your own row, kinda puts you at a disadvantage.

Or more likely not, in the final reckoning...

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Sounds like my next door neighbor in AR. Retired Army, and apparently twice from USPS - still trying to figure that out.

But folks in that part of the country seem to have a knack for it.

Being raised basically in Texas since shortly after WWII, and taught to stand firmly with both feet on the ground and hoe your own row, kinda puts you at a disadvantage.

Or more likely not, in the final reckoning...
    now sir you I like. That's the way i was taught. No matter how tough the row

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Age discrimination in employment is almost universal in 2015. It's illegal but companies get away with it every day.

I filed an EEO age discrimination complaint against a company and won! The findings stated: "There is compelling evidence that you were discriminated against because of your age."

Flash

Last edited:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Age discrimination in employment is almost universal in 2015. It's illegal but companies get away with it every day.

I filed an EEO age discrimination complaint against a company and won! The findings stated: "There is compelling evidence that you were discriminated against because of your age."

Flash

What did winning the suit get you?

TwinGlocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Houston
    Another one bit the dust. La Jefa called me and asked what I thought of one of the employees working with me. I said she was okay and I didn't have any problems with her. My boss said she wasn't working out on the project she was leading so she received her walking papers about a couple weeks later. I felt really bad but if you piss off the owner...

ejection.jpg

Last edited:

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    I had a mechanic back in the 90's doing drugs. I had to go pull him out of bed after payday weekends because he would stay up all weekend on coke. I knew and he knew I knew. I had to fire him and he cried like a baby in my office. That got to me, but I couldn't risk him doing his job wrong and getting someone hurt. I ask him so see help and I think he did. I saw him years later and he was looking good and had a new career going for him.

Great story

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    In my 40+ years working various jobs, I have been screwed over, fired, quit, and laid off. One time in the mid 80s, I was let go from a good job because the manager was an incompetent cokehead and I didn't rat him out upstairs...He screwed up several jobs and when upper management finally got involved, Somebody had to pay. I listened as he cried like a baby and laid it all at my feet and got a coveted transfer to a new shop in San Jose, Ca. I got laid off because I would not relocate to outback Nebraska. I was bitter for awhile but I soon learned to deal with it and not look back. I was hired by a rival the next day. I promised myself that I would never again work for or with a substance abuser.

When I was the decision maker, I had to make these same decisions...It ain't fun and it usually is traumatic for all involved.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom