• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I started drinking June of last year. The day my son moved to Colorado. Before that, social events. Less then a 6 pack in a three year span. Never had any alcohol in the house. Didn't drink as a teenager either. Tobacco, age 36. Other, age 32.

Half the stuff y'all talk about, I've never heard of. I'm still in the Jack Daniels taste the best level.
    DK Firearms

jfl3rd

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2016
    Lime twisted Gin and lemon juice is good with some ginger ale. Works with Maker's Mark Bourbon too.

I concur - a tall glass of ice, 3/4 burbon and 1/4 ginger ale. It's what I look forward to on a hot summer day. Go to is Knob Creek. If I'm going to drink it straight I like Basil Haydens

brashears9567

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2016
    Leinenkugel's sunset wheat. They don't sell it within two hundred miles of Knoxville these days but I dream of it often.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    The "red wine is good for your heart" movement got my attention. Everyone in my family has died of a stroke or heart attack. So I've been doing that for several years. My newest red is Malbec. I just like it alot. Kind of between a Merlot and a Cab. Good flavor.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I concur - a tall glass of ice, 3/4 burbon and 1/4 ginger ale. It's what I look forward to on a hot summer day. Go to is Knob Creek. If I'm going to drink it straight I like Basil Haydens

Wife likes Black and stormy.
    One shot black rum, and mixed with ice and ginger beer. Not bad refreshing drink.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I started drinking June of last year. The day my son moved to Colorado. Before that, social events. Less then a 6 pack in a three year span. Never had any alcohol in the house. Didn't drink as a teenager either. Tobacco, age 36. Other, age 32.

Half the stuff y'all talk about, I've never heard of. I'm still in the Jack Daniels taste the best level.
    I figured that when you said you drink High Life for the taste.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The "red wine is good for your heart" movement got my attention.
    I pity folks with cluster and/or migraine headaches who are sensitive to red wine. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_wine_headache

I know one person who had two glasses of red wine about 20 years ago and then spent almost a day on the floor of the bathroom, pistol in hand, alternately vomiting and contemplating suicide. The pain was that bad.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I pity folks with cluster and/or migraine headaches who are sensitive to red wine. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_wine_headache

I know one person who had two glasses of red wine about 20 years ago and then spent almost a day on the floor of the bathroom, pistol in hand, alternately vomiting and contemplating suicide. The pain was that bad.

Not an issue for me. It actually helped my cholesterol. Not a huge drop, but around 25 points is decent. No other diet changes at that time, so I could see what the effect might be over appx 6 months.

Plus, it puts my wife out like a light. Half of the small glass I give her, and she is catching flies on the couch. No more talking during the movie!! WINNING!

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Mixed drink = Whiskey Smash

Special Occasion = Black Maple Hills 16 Year (previous iteration)

Regular Sipping = Home brew

Top Bottom