• ...and so much more!
  • MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    That can be controlled on a Facebook page. I have a FB presence for my forging activities and I'm the only one who can post there. There are groups on FB that allow members to post, but lock down interaction from non-members. It's not quite the wild, wild west.
    Right, all that is on the end-user side (You).
    My reference is to the back-end FB ability to alter, and they do.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Right, all that is on the end-user side (You).
    My reference is to the back-end FB ability to alter, and they do.

Worst part I've experienced with them is their stupid automated content moderation. Had a friend asking about single shot .410 shotguns. I recommended one to him and linked to an Academy sale ad...and got a warning for "selling firearms" - bacause apparently it thinks my name is Academy Sports and Outdoors.

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    Worst part I've experienced with them is their stupid automated content moderation. Had a friend asking about single shot .410 shotguns. I recommended one to him and linked to an Academy sale ad...and got a warning for "selling firearms" - bacause apparently it thinks my name is Academy Sports and Outdoors.
    I left them 5-6? yrs ago, when their message side refused to send a pm to a friend that had a link to a conservative site, with FB's explanation being it was "against community standards". Pffft.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I don't advise anyone use FB as their interface for Texas Gun Talk. The site has only a placeholder presence there but it's not the primary way the site is intended to be interacted with.

If the owner decides to change that, he could. For now, though, nobody should treat TGT as "a place on FB"; in practical terms, it isn't.

Top Bottom