What is so great about the 6.5 Creedmore?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasHorn7

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2023
    Dallas
    Is it better than the old ones for hunting ?Is a man bun a requirement for having one ? Will it kill a Texas whitetail deader than a 243,22-250, 7mm-08, 308, 270 Win. 25-06, 30-06, 30-30 ?Is Keto a requirement for having one ?
    I have every one of the highlighted rounds. I had a 243 and a 308,

1) 30-30 - great round, but my Pre-64 Winchester needs a scope if I am going to shoot it well (old eyes). I am not changing the rifle or buying new lever gun.

2) I have the 270, 30-06, + a 280 AI. All of them will kill a deer easily. I enjoy shooting them, but they are a little bit of overkill for a whitetail and for general practice.

3) If someone is buying a new rifle, the 6.5CM is the easy button for killing deer. Accurate and with moderate to light recoil, I can shoot mine all day because the recoil doesn't beat me up. It call kill hogs, deer, Axis deer and just about any non-exotic in Texas. I will always have mine in the safe should I need it.

If someone wants to buy their first deer rifle, the 6.5CM needs to be in the conversation with .243, 6CM, 6 ARC or 308. All of them will do the job with less recoil than the long action cartridges.

Top Bottom