• ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Sunday we took Little girl to see my daughter. We have been babysitting for two months. She was supposed to come back the next day. Then they decided she was going to stay at the new place.
    Tonight she asked me to bring her home. She seems happy and wants to play. And clinging to me like a burr. Bait seems happy she is back too. I know my grandson will be. Today he crawled und the sewing table where her blanket is and laid down on it.
    I know she misses having her dog, I always feel like something is missing when I don't have one, but I am not unhappy she is back.
    c1fb169b55bf909c999f4a23c5e61704.jpg
    1ca13444067be0ee31fa8f77f9a36c9e.jpg

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    View attachment 478813

Renfield has walked around with his is milk bone sticking out of his mouth for 30 minutes , before he decided to eat it.
    We had two dogs a Sheltie and a small dog, give them both a pigs ear. Sheltie would eat hers right away. Small dog would carry hers around, even sleep with it. Sheltie would be watching, finally Daisy would get tired of it and Chelsea would swoop in and get it.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Yesterday I bought Renfield a new flea collar some Advantage tablets and a big bag of his favorite treats Pedigree Marrow Bones. I even splurged on myself on big long Slim Jim.

Once I get home and give him a Marrow Bone kinda of baiting him for the new flea collar. It was as if he smelled the flea collar and knew it would be around his neck. So he starts keeping his distance from me.

I fixed my self the last of the summer sausage and some Gouda and the last of the pepper jack, mostly for my dinner but also to bribe him within reach.

Once I get the collar on him, he becomes completely pissed off at me. In the meantime time I dropped the Advantage tablet in his dog food.

Talk about being angry, when we went out in the front yard he’s trying to cover the flea collar smell by rolling his neck in the grass. He normally shadows me around the house. Now he can’t stand being in the same room with me.

No sooner the I go to bed and fall asleep, he comes in raiding hell to go out. More neck rubbing and dirt baths. I give him 45 minutes outside and tried calling him in and he’s not responding. I actually had to go out and fetch him in. He was so pissed off he slept in the trophy room.

He’s still apprehensive about around me but now can stand being in the same room. I broke out the last of the Chicharrones and he thought they might be a trap.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I give both dogs the Simpiraca trio flea, tick and heartworm. They think they are getting an extra treat. Havn't seen a flea or tick on them since I started them.
    $30/month for each. Since they sleep on the bed with me, it's worth every penny.

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    I give both dogs the Simpiraca trio flea, tick and heartworm. They think they are getting an extra treat. Havn't seen a flea or tick on them since I started them.
    $30/month for each. Since they sleep on the bed with me, it's worth every penny.

Big yes on the Simparica Trio !!!
    Jake & Shiny were on it, Duke is now and he runs free in the brush, scrub & grasses. No ticks or fleas on any of them, ever. The heartworm and other worms preventative in it is a plus. Worth every penny is right, and likely cheaper than individual coverages with the worm stuff included.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    That's one thing I am quite pleased to see.. Here in the pines, so far I've seen very few ticks. Amazingly few. They were horrendous back in IL. Perhaps we're just in a good spot here. Or perhaps it's just this year. But I spent many a day there finding double digits of them crawling on me at once.

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Big yes on the Simparica Trio !!!
    Jake & Shiny were on it, Duke is now and he runs free in the brush, scrub & grasses. No ticks or fleas on any of them, ever. The heartworm and other worms preventative in it is a plus. Worth every penny is right, and likely cheaper than individual coverages with the worm stuff included.
    Thank y'all for that. We had our big nut on NexGard for heart worms, and he seems to be allergic to the liquids and collars, so we wanted to try a combined product. I had only found flea/tick and heartworm separately, so this is helpful. I hope he can tolerate it okay.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    That's one thing I am quite pleased to see.. Here in the pines, so far I've seen very few ticks. Amazingly few. They were horrendous back in IL. Perhaps we're just in a good spot here. Or perhaps it's just this year. But I spent many a day there finding double digits of them crawling on me at once.
    Out in the woods of Northern Palestine at my friend Ralph’s use to produce several tics when I spent time under the trees. After spending time there once I got home my wife had to do tic removal.
    EZE-E’s place is actually pretty close by and I have never had a tic from spending time there shooting. Good thing seeing as the wife is no longer around to check me for ticks.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    He’s still apprehensive about around me but now can stand being in the same room. I broke out the last of the Chicharrones and he thought they might be a trap.
    When my gf and I first started dating the boy dog didn't like me much because I wouldn't put up with his crap. After a while he would jump up in the recliner between my legs and lay with his belly up and go to sleep. He's been gone for around 3 years now. I sure miss Max

Top Bottom