• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The wife called for me to see what was on the TV. It was showing the Titan on the bottom of the ocean. They only showed the front 1/3 and it was intact. Don't know about the rest of it.

'Debris field' discovered in search for Titanic sub contains its 'rear cover and landing frame' which indicates 'catastrophic implosion', say experts
    The landing frame and rear cover of the missing Titan submersible have been discovered on the ocean floor, according to experts involved in the search, who say it points to the vessel suffering a 'catastrophic implosion' that will have claimed all five of the lives on board.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    Even though the OceanGate company touted them as a partner, Boeing is flat out denying it.

“Boeing was not a partner on the Titan and did not design or build it,” the company said in a statement, declining to comment further about OceanGate’s assertions. The University of Washington has issued similar statements as well.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    FzOkngJXoAEpJtf.jpeg.jpg

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Is there any US jurisdiction here? It left from StJohns and the sinking occurred in intl waters

Little, of any. Canadian registered mothership, the submersible itself held no vessel registration. Likely Admiralty Court would have jurisdiction.

I doubt Oceansgate has much in the way of assets nor any type of liability insurance anyways.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Call me a wimp but I deleted the Titan memes I posted. Very sad. The customers trusted a company to actually know what they were doing. The jackasses at the company did not know what they were doing.

Edit: In no way am I saying everyone should delete the memes.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Call me a wimp but I deleted the Titan memes I posted. Very sad. The customers trusted a company to actually know what they were doing. The jackasses at the company did not know what they were doing.

Edit: In no way am I saying everyone should delete the memes.

I've gotta say...maybe billionaires are wired different but if I was going to do something that out of the ordinary, where my life was in someone else's hands against such overwhelming forces of nature, I'd research the company a bit. That guy's idiotic stance on safety was not kept secret. Due diligence would have saved lives.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I've gotta say...maybe billionaires are wired different but if I was going to do something that out of the ordinary, where my life was in someone else's hands against such overwhelming forces of nature, I'd research the company a bit. That guy's idiotic stance on safety was not kept secret. Due diligence would have saved lives.

Billionaire is rich enough to build/buy/rent a dive vessel that can safely go twice that deep. Trieste went 35k 60+ years ago.

Top Bottom