• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I’d be real careful about that forecast. Somebody, somewhere, has done the math that shows Twitter has about a 25% market penetration among US adults. Of those US adults, 25% of U.S. Twitter users are males and 22% of U.S. Twitter users are female.

That means half are either bots, choose not to disclose, or fall into the WTF category. A 20% increase would move that market pen closer to 1 in 3 US adults and that, my friend, is terribly hard for any brand to do, especially if you decide to charge people a subscription fee.
    And a bunch will leave.
    Probably be close to a wash.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I’d be real careful about that forecast. Somebody, somewhere, has done the math that shows Twitter has about a 25% market penetration among US adults. Of those US adults, 25% of U.S. Twitter users are males and 22% of U.S. Twitter users are female.

That means half are either bots, choose not to disclose, or fall into the WTF category. A 20% increase would move that market pen closer to 1 in 3 US adults and that, my friend, is terribly hard for any brand to do, especially if you decide to charge people a subscription fee.

I once guesstimated that 60 to 70% of all the activity on social media is bots. If Elon really does eliminate bots a lot of followers are going to disappear.

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    Naw. They will repeat the "I'll move to Canada" cry, but in the same manner they won't follow through.

Not that I care.

Some notable blue checks have already done it. Talcum X (Shaun King) disabled his own account for a day, then came back and claimed he only did it because "January 6 types" were trying to hack his account and made death threats.

:popcorn:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Lots of funny stuff going on. I thought this interesting and heard it from different sources on TV and on line last night.

Several conservatives have reported sudden, in just a few minutes, changes, i.e. increase, in followers, some in the 10s of thousands, and other things that show the algorithm had shadow banned conservatives. The company is already making changes knowing musk is going to open source the algorithm for transparency.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    seems that already the twits in charge are changing the algorithms and we are seeing conservatives gaining thousands of followers while libs like AOC have lost 20,000 + followers.
    watching the live action melt down on the left if priceless

The followers gained/lost are organic.

Supposedly the backend programming has been out off-limits to prevent sabotage and/or changing algorithms.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/0...d-changes-after-musk-takeover-report-1230440/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The followers gained/lost are organic.

Supposedly the backend programming has been out off-limits to prevent sabotage and/or changing algorithms.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/0...d-changes-after-musk-takeover-report-1230440/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Off limits to who?

Just because they say it been locked doesn’t mean no one has access to it. There’s no way they completely removed the ability for anyone to be banned or unbanned. And there’s no way they completely locked themselves out from the ability to maintain their own systems.

The claimed reason for locking it was to prevent any employees from doing something crazy to bring it down. Suddenly seeing all the wrong thinkers unbanned could very well be what they feared would trigger some blue haired radical to try to upload something in to the system in an attempt to burn it down.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Whether a person's opinion is right or wrong, free speech is about being able to share that opinion. ANY censorship is bad in the sharing of opinions and information.
    Sir, it has come to our attention that you are using reason, logic and equality.
    That is a gross violation of our anti-whatever policies and your posts will be removed, your account deleted and your name smeared all over the virtual wall while being labeled as a domestic terrorist.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    More like "making the platform stop using partisan standards to decide what is and is not considered 'false information' in order to control the flow of information".
    "Flow of information", always laughed at that when the idiots who cry censorship use it.
    "When people come to our platform for news ..." - wait, what? Your Snap-A-Dick, FecesBook, Tw@tter or whatever "look-at-me-I'm-a-loser" platform is for entertaining of people who cannot make real friends and just feel like they "deserve" some attention. Sure, to each their own. But let's stop there. Don't claim that FB is a news source! :D
    I think that's where the system broke down. When selfie outlets for self-important divas started confusing themselves with news platform.
    Just like Axxe said, freedom of opinion is the same as freedom of speech. Nobody should be censoring others' opinions, no matter which way they are leaning. When I listen to an inbred leftist moron lunatic, I can just walk away. But I don't have to tell them that they must go home and never leave the house and never be allowed to speak to others. Though, come to think of it, it would solve some problems in our society.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I think Musk does the things he does, just because he wants to, and most of those things make money for him, just because they are good ideas...

The money he makes is just a means to do more of the things he wants to do...

It's not money that he wants, so much as to do neat things...
    Who? Elon "King Midas" Musk?

Top Bottom