• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    "Elon Musk has launched a takeover bid for Twitter, offering to buy it for $54.20 a share, just weeks after he became the social media company’s largest shareholder.

If the offer is not accepted, Mr. Musk said, he would “need to reconsider my position as a shareholder,” according to a letter sent to Bret Taylor, Twitter’s chair, on April 13 and enclosed in the filing. “Twitter has extraordinary potential. I will unlock it.”"

Lynx Defense

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    If the offer is declined, shareholders will have a fit because they will have a heavy profit go out the window. Also, if Musk decides to sell his shares at a fraction of their worth, the rest of the shares will drop drastically in value. Then he can buy them all at a reduced price. Looks like Mr Musk is in the driver's seat.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    "Elon Musk has launched a takeover bid for Twitter, offering to buy it for $54.20 a share, just weeks after he became the social media company’s largest shareholder.

If the offer is not accepted, Mr. Musk said, he would “need to reconsider my position as a shareholder,” according to a letter sent to Bret Taylor, Twitter’s chair, on April 13 and enclosed in the filing. “Twitter has extraordinary potential. I will unlock it.”"

Yeah, I just read about that before seeing this thread. He put them in a bind. They can take the offer and make a killing, or decline and lose a lot. Got them by the short hairs.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    WSJ reports he may have trouble financing the deal, as there are restrictions on how he can use his Tesla/SpaceX stocks for loan collateral. Musk has himself has said he does not have a lot of cash laying around. Maybe someone here can spot him a $43B loan. I am sure he would be good for it.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Bet their employees are all atwitter over the prospect of him buying.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Bet their employees are all atwitter over the prospect of him buying.
    Musk is shaking the tree, and if he gets his way, they all (employees) may be dropping.

Although I hate the idea of seeing companies like BlackRock getting richer, I kinda think they'll take the deal rather than lose a lot more. Nobody really knows how much crypto Musk owns, probably not $43 billion worth though.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Can he buy the whole company?......Maybe. No telling how much he has squirreled away in secret accounts.

Can he buy enough to effect a virtual takeover?.....Absolutely. He has Twitter by the short-&-curlies now. A few thousand shares more....he calls the shots.

Wonder how long until the SEC starts an "investigation" on Musk......

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    The left is loosing their shit. My nephew lives in Round Rock, but is a big Musk fan and has friends in Silicon Valley and he texted me today that people there are going out of their minds. How dare does someone come in to introduce free thought :laughing: -

The commies are talking about this being the beginning of Nazi Germany, about abolishing billionaires, etc. :roflfunny:

Musk is trolling the correct people.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/twitter-leftists-elon-musk-social-media-giant-frightened

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    Can he buy the whole company?......Maybe. No telling how much he has squirreled away in secret accounts.

Can he buy enough to effect a virtual takeover?.....Absolutely. He has Twitter by the short-&-curlies now. A few thousand shares more....he calls the shots.

Wonder how long until the SEC starts an "investigation" on Musk......

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk
    Apparently SEC already is investigating him.... don't like his Twitter posts lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom