Electric Vehicles here to stay, for good or bad?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area

Combine the Biden/Harris inflation and economic downturn with EV charging stations that contain a lot of salable metal and, well, what did they expect?

Thieves hunting for copper are vandalizing American EV chargers

Vandalizing a public EV plug isn’t much more complicated than stealing a bicycle.

This year through June, nearly one in five U.S. public charging attempts ended in failure, according to JD Power; roughly 10% of those aborted sessions were due to a damaged or missing cable.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

This was in an e-mail from a lifelong Friend & retired GMC Dealer in the same small community:

“These photos were taken recently at our local Chevrolet dealership after a brand new electric [EV] Chevy pickup self combusted on the lot. The fire department FINALLY managed to put out the fire after approximately SIX HOURS! Thank goodness the truck was not on the dealer's showroom floor !!
    The really SAD part is that the dealer was coerced into ordering/taking the EV !!
    If you're considering an EV, it might be wise to NOT park it in your garage!!
    PLEASE study every candidates policies when voting in November”

Chevy EV 1.jpg
    Chevy EV 2.jpg
    1727267900441.png
    1727267900652.png
    1727267900549.png
    Chevy EV 3.jpg

<>

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    “These photos were taken recently at our local Chevrolet dealership after a brand new electric [EV] Chevy pickup self combusted on the lot. The fire department FINALLY managed to put out the fire after approximately SIX HOURS! Thank goodness the truck was not on the dealer's showroom floor !!

View attachment 476527

<>

$100k RST truck. Dealers are required to take undesirable vehicles to get the ones they really want in the future.

When we subjected the RST to our 75-mph highway range test, it managed an impressive 400 miles on a charge.

Screenshot 2024-09-25 at 11-13-54 2025 Chevrolet Silverado EV Review Pricing and Specs.png

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    $100k RST truck. Dealers are required to take undesirable vehicles to get the ones they really want in the future.

When we subjected the RST to our 75-mph highway range test, it managed an impressive 400 miles on a charge.

View attachment 476561
    My tacoma will cover 400+ miles on a tank of gas and only needs a few minutes to refill for the next 400.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    My tacoma will cover 400+ miles on a tank of gas and only needs a few minutes to refill for the next 400.

And have a far lower likelihood of burning your home to the ground.

EV’s are neat, but the tech just isn’t there like folks are claiming. Add that to the fact that the biggest risk and possibly most expensive part (battery) are made in China that’s a double whammy.

I’d love for them to be there, but not yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

What is “RST” ?

A year or so back, I got to visit w/ a fellow in N.O. who had to drive to Houston twice a month for his job. He had a mid-size ‘‘Tesla” auto.

If he ran either the heater or the A/C, he couldn’t make it. The road distance is said to be 340 miles, but my experience is about 365.

He could make Lake Charles or Beaumont westbound, then get a 2hr re-charge and barely make Houston.

There are only two answers to what the government is trying to do: imbed power into all roads; or set-up a massive network of thousands of 24/7/365 “quick-change” battery change stations, neither of which is practical or economically do-able.

<>

Top Bottom