Patriot Mobile

El Paso based TGT shoot days, LET'S DO IT.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Spelled Ciros...

I don't know about the rest of you, but Chicos is good.
    It's not a Mexican restaurant... it's an El Paso restaurant where if you grew up here you ate there as a kid and also ate there to combat the hangovers at 2 a.m.

It's not authentic Mexican anything... it's pretty much slop that hits the spot.
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Where is Cero's? Never heard of that while I was there. And I agree! Everyone said Chico's is a must and I can't understand why. I thought is was awful.
    It was on Dyer some years ago, but moved. I thiiiiink it's on McCombs but not sure. I'll google it later. Yea, Chico's is like eating soggy food out of a dumpster.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Spelled Ciros...

I don't know about the rest of you, but Chicos is good.
    It's not a Mexican restaurant... it's an El Paso restaurant where if you grew up here you ate there as a kid and also ate there to combat the hangovers at 2 a.m.

It's not authentic Mexican anything... it's pretty much slop that hits the spot.

Haha heck yea, slop is right. But that's true, maybe I just got sick of it form eating it as a kid.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Here, read this.

So red sands is east, heading toward San Antonio and it goes far out. Not private land at all and I’ve seen police training out that way so it’s used every day and a lot. I have a spot a lot of people don’t go to.

The wall is in NM and it’s the least I visit, usually when someone invites me out that way.

The gap is in Anthony NM and it’s a great spot to shoot. Public land as well as land where there are gas lines and the gas guys don’t give a damn, telling me only “don’t shoot at the lines”.

All options are very widely used and I have never heard of anything, ANYTHING happening, that is even close to minor or negative happening. The only reason why I have two secluded spots that nobody knows about is they are SO widely used that I have nearly been shot by stupid kids or new gun owners who for some reason decide to turn your way. So 8 years ago, I said no more shooting around others (who’m I can’t control or suggestively control).

We can most definitely go to a range. It would have to be an outdoor one, but here’s my thoughts on that; With most of us being long time shooters, we will have safety in mind out in the desert anyway, and can do what we want, shoot what we want, and don’t have to worry about the type of rules that only exist for shooters who aren’t with each other, to keep it safe and civil. I understand those rules and agree with them for range purposes, but in my mind, the more people we have, the more restricted we will be.

Still, even with just two people, it’s a restriction that, for me, pulls the fun out of shooting. For instance, at a lot of place you can’t shoot certain triggers that allow for a fast rate of fire. I can’t drive my truck down 100-3/4/5 hundred yards to check on, set up my target. I can’t practice any weapon manipulation. I can’t set up steel. I can’t go piss in a bush 10 feet away. I have to pay a fee. I mean there are a lot of nit picky things, but also some really annoying things that just make me feel like I gotta make sure daddy is ok with me doing certain things and I don’t like that at all.

My vote is we go to the gap, or red sands. The top 2-5 most experienced shooters keep an eye on the safety (we should all be accountable to that anyway), we all yell “going hot” or something indicating we are firing, we all make sure everyone has at least ears on, we all keep guns empty and safe when laid down, we don’t flag…. You know, all the usual stuff, and we’ll be fine.

There are tons of TGT shoot days in east and central Texas and they go all out and shoot all kinds of shit, including tannerite and they do just fine.

One thing we can do, when we have a list of who IS going, is I can compile a list of people who’ve shot for years and consider themselves very safe. Anyone who doesn’t or is new can just be instructed and should be very receptive to said instruction.

Anyway, I don’t really know what else to say other than if we can’t have a safe shoot, we should not get together to begin with, but when people who actually go out and shoot, get together, there isn’t a much safer and more aware crowd within 1000 miles. I trust my fellow shooters if they actually go out and shoot. The ones I don’t, I help them be safe.

Thank you for voicing your concerns.
    Those are interesting places and will ask my father about them but I trust your judgment. Yes I do worry about the weekend warriors as we have those types in our National Forest north of us and I tend to stay away from areas that they frequent. Let us know what you guys decide.

kirk10100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    Either date works for me.
    By then it will b quite warm so bring lots of sun screen for our lighter skinned friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    PLEASE READ

OK.

SO, I think we should follow MoonPie's schedule, as he seems to be the only one who MUST do one of those two days, and everyone else seems to either be good to go, or can only not do it in the beginning of the month.

So Sunday, May 22nd is, it is, unless a bunch of you just cant. Now, I want everyone who originally wanted to go, to let me know if you can't do that day and we'll see if we can come up with another. Anyone who has already posted will be worked with.

For those of you who want to come but have not yet posted: I think the thread has been up long enough to give everyone an opportunity to post about going and have a say in the day. I fear that if we get a few more people and they have issues with the schedule, it will become too complicated to set a day. So from here on out, the shoot day will be arranged and possibly moved ONLY for anyone posting before this post. You can always go to the next one.

For those of you before this post: Please respond to confirm that you can make it, or to suggest another day. If and once everyone confirms the current shoot day is good, that will be the day and there will be no changes unless damn near nobody can make it, or the weather is so bad that it would just be retarded to try to shoot in it. I would say "well we can go to an indoor range, but for those traveling, I don't believe it would be worth it, so the day will be postponed.

Once the day is confirmed by everyone who said they are going, please PM me your numbers for better and more direct communication about logistics and anything else that needs to be discussed, or comes up. Also, so that if any problems occur for someone who is traveling, we can quickly respond and come up with the solution to help them. Hell, even if someone simply wants to ask, "hey I'm leaving in ten minutes, should I bring my fully automatic 50 cal", it would be good to have a text thread to respond, promptly.

Alright! Looking forward to this, gentlemen! God bless and have a dood rest of your Sabbath!

OH CRAP! I almost forgot! Speaking of the Sabbath, as I do observe the day, as per the third commandment, from Friday night to Saturday night, I am not permitted to do certain things, like conduct business. So in that time frame, if you all want to get together for some things, I may not be able to attend. Not that I'm a great man or anything (I'm as flawed as most), just a heads up, so you know, in case anyone wanted to go out to eat the day before, or something. I'd have to wait for sun down.

|
    V

As you all post that you are good for the 22nd. Please post your order number, as well as the numbers and members before you, so we have a clear list without having to sift through posts.

Example:

1. JColumbus

MoonPie posts second and will therefore post;

1. JColumbus
    2. MoonPie

and on and on. So I will start it...

Last edited:

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    This is us.

C45F3EA9-1468-4A18-9201-3104422F04A2.jpeg

Range day
    07D6F1FA-5E97-4665-8C60-E59481173208.jpeg

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    So you could have moving targets when the train goes through N.M. if the jumpers decide to come into Tx.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Will a side trip to El Paso Saddlery be included?

Hory clap. This thing is turning into a mini vacation!
    View attachment 316514

I've already notified the misses that it may be a vacation she is not interested in the drive so it will be me solo.

1. JColumbus
    2. Ozzman
    3. Moonpie --- cannot follow directions
    4. Darkpriest667

Top Bottom