• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I guess it's like going to a new church, not to worship with the community/congregation, but to try to get some handouts from the wealthier members or get pity from the pastor so you get free food or help with car repairs?

There will always be con-men (confidence-men) that gain trust to try to get something more than they offer.

People get suspicious after being 'taken' a few times.
    Human nature to be suspicious..

Car 54

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2022
    Kehma, TX
    @Car 54 - I didn’t expect this from you, after you had such an over-the-top introduction. I thought you were going to be a forum contributor, instead of “one of them.”
    Don’t get me wrong, I do see your point and empathize but I see the other side too, which I will try to explain:
    TGT is primarily a discussion forum.
    I don't need your empathy. It's a discussion forum with a classified section. I think those that want to regulate new members should be a moderator and/or stay in their own lane. Especially when their regulating tactics are abrasive! You don't know me so, your comment "I didn't expect this from you" makes no sense. I'm just speaking the truth that "you" are obviously aware of. I haven't had a chance to contribute because some of these want to be moderators what to control the narrative of new members. Moreover, I didn't go running to the moderator. I can take it as well as I can dish it out. I just think this petty sandbox harassment isn't needed. It's just my point of view. Some may agree, and some may not. I'm good with that! My intent here as a new member was to contribute but, right out the gate, I get hostile incoming fire just because I was rapidly getting close to my 25 posts. However, I contributed to the TGT Forum right out the gate and didn't need 25 posts to play in the classified section! It's unnecessary IMO.

Car 54

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2022
    Kehma, TX
    It's not that people are selling, it's that they do things like continuously bump dead threads and spam them so they can get their 25 posts and then be on their merry way to the classifieds.

This type of behavior is why I try to go out of my way and thanks folks (like you) who become supporting members in order to sell.

Many here do take exception to folks coming by, treating it like ebay and then leaving. You have to understand that this isn't eBay with a chat room. It's an internet community where many real life friendships have been created that happens to have a classified section.
    I appreciate it! I became a supporting member right out the gate. I didn't become a member to sell.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I don't need your empathy. It's a discussion forum with a classified section. I think those that want to regulate new members should be a moderator and/or stay in their own lane. Especially when their regulating tactics are abrasive! You don't know me so, your comment "I didn't expect this from you" makes no sense. I'm just speaking the truth that "you" are obviously aware of. I haven't had a chance to contribute because some of these want to be moderators what to control the narrative of new members. Moreover, I didn't go running to the moderator. I can take it as well as I can dish it out. I just think this petty sandbox harassment isn't needed. It's just my point of view. Some may agree, and some may not. I'm good with that! My intent here as a new member was to contribute but, right out the gate, I get hostile incoming fire just because I was rapidly getting close to my 25 posts. However, I contributed to the TGT Forum right out the gate and didn't need 25 posts to play in the classified section! It's unnecessary IMO.
    Drink more beer, and........

francis1.jpeg

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Would a troll be a member of the TGT "Rant Pack" that have deputized themselves as Hall Monitors? They keep track of the NOOBS aka new members as they like to refer to them. The "Rant Pack" gets all butt hurt if a NOOB "might" join the TGT Forum just for the intent of selling something in the classified section. It's all kind of silly IMO. See, "Rant Pack's" whole philosophy is these "NOOBS" are joining TGT so they don't have to pay the outrageous fees that eBay, GB and others charge. Their intent is to harass and run those NOOBS out of town!

I've been a member of both eBay and GB for 10 to 15 years. GOD knows I've paid plenty of dues as a seller! The uniqueness of eBay, GB, ETC is one can find things there that they can't find anywhere else. The downside is buyers "now" have to pay those nasty government taxes if they shop on those sites! See, NOOBS may have something to sell that you "Rant Pack" members may have interest in. Moreover, you won't have to pay those nasty government taxes. So, the "Rant Pack" may want to reconsider their whole philosophy and quit harassing the NOOBS. If you do so, you can rejoin the rest of 99.9% civilized TGT members that are friendly, helpful and supportive! I know it will be tuff for you but, you can do it!

Just for the record, I just listed and sold 2 items on eBay yesterday. I didn't want the "Rant Pack" to get butt hurt!

PS. Thanks again to the other 99.9% TGT Forum Members that have been friendly, helpful and supportive!

I really appreciate the irony in this zombie thread revival......

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I'm pulling out the peace pipe. Smoke if you like. I'm going to pay it forward and give these Nice Eagle S&W J Frame Square Butt Rosewood Grips away. I recently refinished them with 100% Pure Tung-Oil and they fit tighter than two coats of paint! I'll post them in the appropriate section shortly!
    My grips & holster for my bodyguard got chewed up the second day I had my American Bulldog. Sniky little bastard lifted it out of the pocket of a jacket I had on the day before. My wife really figured I'd beat his ass down good over that.

Car 54

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2022
    Kehma, TX
    Nothing like a good old panties in a knot pearl clutching righteous indignation gripe. Reminds me of the folks moving here from trashcanistan and bitching about how hot and humid it is while stuck in traffic on the 35.
    35 sucks up there in the Hill Country, especially in the summer. But, not so bad when your wearing panties. You want to smell?

Car 54

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2022
    Kehma, TX
    One last comment for the "Rant Pack" and their supporters who have nothing better to do than stroke each other! Take that $10 that I donated to TGT and have them buy you some condoms so, you don't get your hands wet!

SEE YA!

Top Bottom