• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    If anybody lives, or know of someone that lives down there; make sure they spread the word

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Venture Surplus ad

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    @TXARGUY...Back in 08 Natchez and CTD were doing then what they do today. I remembered. Others not so much. Dicks will come out on the other side of this, a little poorer, but still standing

I'm sure you're right. I'm not familiar with Natchez but I stopped giving CTD my money about the same time.

There's still the chance that the stockholders will hold the Dick's leadership accountable and new leadership may usher in an apology and some 2A friendly policies. It's happened with companies before. If that were to happen and I was convinced the effort was genuine I might be persuaded to give them another shot. I very much doubt that will happen.

Barron's agrees with you in predicting they will eventually recover.

http://m.barrons.com/articles/a/SB50001424052748704836204578354420240105866?mg=reno-barrons

What they did really has got to have many stockholders furious. They chose a time when all a gun seller had to do to make major profit was open his doors every morning, to side with the anti-gunners.

Guys literally just had to unlock their doors and stand at the counter and rake in cash. Outlets like Cabela's and Academy maximized their profitability without participating in gouging by doing just that and came out a major winner. Other smaller shops enjoyed a massive influx of cash as well.

At the end of the day Dick's will recover but those of us with long memories will not help them do it.

I'm happy with the bitch slap they've received so far. Hopefully they felt the sting and continue to do so for quite some time.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    A big ammo sale, and all will be forgotten. I as you will never forget. Arsenal /Natchez/ CTD/Remington/Bank of America... I will never forget

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Great news:

Dick’s sporting goods sales plunge after adopting politically correct anti-gun policy

Dick’s sporting goods sales plunge after adopting politically correct anti-gun policy | Rare

Meanwhile at Cabela's:

Fear of firearm regulation helps Cabela’s amass a fortune

Fear of firearm regulation helps Cabela’s amass a fortune | Rare

LOL!

Dick's was already in dire straits before this stupidity. All their SA area stores closed a couple of years ago. Something tells me they're either going to get bought out by a more savvy competitor or just go the way of Circuit City.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    The ME giving such detailed info the day after instantly set off my BS meter.

Yeah... remember when the FL cops were trying to say that "Zombie" guy was high on bath salts when he ate that hobo's face? I called bullshit on it the day it happened- how do cops know what is in the guy's bloodtream? Especially immediately after his death? Six weeks later when a proper autopsy was performed it turned out the dude was sober.

inceptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Denton County, Republic of Texas
    I have no idea what happened earlier with Spike's Tactical, when others were gouging 30rd mags, I got some decent ones there for $22 ea. Maybe they learned their lesson, who knows.

Dick's is true to their name. I am not shopping there. In the past I bought 2 handguns from CTD, that is the last of my money they will get. Cabela's is actually closer and the selection is better.

Top Bottom