• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I would quit shopping at Dick's if I was even shopping there in the first place, but I wasn't. I think I bought a pistol safe from them once, but that was about it. Was never impressed with their stores, and the one in Alamo Ranch is even less impressive. I'll stick with Academy, Walmart and even the occasional stop by Bass Pro...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    4 handguns and a Saiga shotgun recovered from the scene. No AR used.

Don't know where you're getting your info, but a Bushmaster XM-15 rifle was recovered at the school. It was used to shoot through the locked glass door at the front of the school, and according to the state's chief medical examiner, H. Wayne Carver, many of the victims were shot multiple times with the same "long weapon"—the Bushmaster.

The shotgun was found in the car the shooter drove to the site.

Last edited:

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Don't know where you're getting your info, but a Bushmaster XM-15 rifle was recovered at the school. It was used to shoot through the locked glass door at the front of the school, and according to the state's chief medical examiner, H. Wayne Carver, many of the victims were shot multiple times with the same "long weapon"—the Bushmaster.

The shotgun was found in the car the shooter drove to the site.

There's a CNN video in the other thread that talks about four handguns. There's news copter video of them removing a firearm from the car's trunk and it's obviously AK pattern. I got the shotgun part from the media, but it could be a Saiga rifle just as easily.

Yes, the ME said that there were bullet wounds from a rifle, but he said so the day after the shooting. Things simply don't work that fast. The last coroner report I waited on took nearly six months, and it wasn't even for a violent death where more care has to be taken, and there was only one body, not multiple. The ME giving such detailed info the day after instantly set off my BS meter.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Last edited:

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Nice! Show those little chik fil a haters what a real boycott does.

Daily reminder, f' ctd as well. $100 gi mags etc.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    This is great news. My kids haven't been real happy since they are into soccer/basketball, love going to sporting goods stores, and Dick's is much closer than Academy, but they understand I'm doing it for a principled reason.

I also got to send Dick's this e-mail a while back telling them how I was heavy in the market for a 336, they were the only store I could find one, they were priced about $60 higher than Walmart and I would have bought it. However, with their AR policy, I did not spend that money - I waited til Walmart had one in stock.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Watch them have a BIG sale, and all will be forgotten.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Some of us have very long memories. Ask me how many Spike's Tactical products I've bought since 2008.

Used to buy all of my golf gear from Dick's. they were higher but had a decent stock and the one in Allen is right next to Top Golf. Because of their asshattery I have now found my new home for golf. PGA Superstore in Plano/Frisco! It is so huge I can spend hours in there. My wife and daughter are also happy because of their Tennis section with full indoor tennis court. If it hadn't been for Dick's pandering to the gun grabbers I would never have found my new golf Mecca.

Just bought a new Cleveland Golf set with bag. $1,500 + that previously would have gone to Dick's. Got to hit my clubs on one of the many simulators while I was there.

Dick's is in trouble; and I'm sitting here with my popcorn enjoying the show.

e5cburroughs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2013
    Denison, Texas
    I was out shopping around trying to find the .22 that I wanted so I could hold it in person before I bought it online. I walked into Dick's and asked to see the Marlin XT-22 (that or Savage MK II, went with Savage in the end). He hands it to me and I said too bad you guys don't have a Savage MK II. He looks at me and says, we can order that for you if you want. I said "No thanks." He asked why and I said "'Cause you guys are dicks." I don't think he got the hint because he said "Cabela's won't be any cheaper." I turned around and walked off.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    @TXARGUY...Back in 08 Natchez and CTD were doing then what they do today. I remembered. Others not so much. Dicks will come out on the other side of this, a little poorer, but still standing

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom