DFW Gun Shows / Any good ones left this year?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I haven't been to the circus in years and really miss the freak show tent and side shows. Are there any good gun shows left this year or has anything changed in the area worth seeing? I need nothing but I feel like I need a refresher to remind me why I don't go to them or at least come home with some fun stories to tell.

Is Ft Worth still the only good show worth it?

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I have not personally been to it, but the Big Town shows are decent from people I know that have gone.
    I've only been to the ones at Ft. Worth.

BigDBasser

#OMHIWDMB
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2014
    Mesquite
    Haven't been to the Ft W show, but have been to the Big Town show a couple of times. It's worth the price of admission unlike the one at the Rodeo. That one sucks. Might try the Ft W show if it's on. Been threatening to go.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    The show at Market Hall should be coming around shortly. Thinking cap guesses mid Sept. maybe? Been too long since I was there last to remember.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    the "Original Fort Worth Gun Show" is the best of those that rotate through Fort Worth at the Will Rogers Center. As noted, it is this weekend, and will be back Sept 19 & 20.

I go about once a year, and usually just wander and look at stuff. I might pick up some odds and ends like cleaning picks and such. It's been years, but I have bought a couple of guns there from dealer tables. Sometimes you can find decent deals if you spend enough time looking. And then of course there's the jerky.

R.Ph. 380

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    DFW Metroplex
    Haven't been to the Ft W show, but have been to the Big Town show a couple of times. It's worth the price of admission unlike the one at the Rodeo. That one sucks. Might try the Ft W show if it's on. Been threatening to go.

I hate going to the Big Town Show because it's so dangerous to leave your car in the parking lot. I haven't been in probably 4 years, always go to Amon Carter. Never know if the Police towers are manned or not. Still don't trust the safety. It always seemed dirty inside and have they ever fixed that long crack in the floor?

Bill

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    I hate going to the Big Town Show because it's so dangerous to leave your car in the parking lot. I haven't been in probably 4 years, always go to Amon Carter. Never know if the Police towers are manned or not. Still don't trust the safety. It always seemed dirty inside and have they ever fixed that long crack in the floor?

Bill
    Yes, the building has been reworked and is much nicer than before. Another show that is good is Lewisville show.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX

the "Original Fort Worth Gun Show" is the best of those that rotate through Fort Worth at the Will Rogers Center. As noted, it is this weekend, and will be back Sept 19 & 20.

I go about once a year, and usually just wander and look at stuff. I might pick up some odds and ends like cleaning picks and such. It's been years, but I have bought a couple of guns there from dealer tables. Sometimes you can find decent deals if you spend enough time looking. And then of course there's the jerky.
    We'll be vending at the Fort Worth show. Headed there now to set up.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    What's your store name, I might be swinging by there tomorrow.

AdamT
    We're just a small home based FFL so nothing fancy. Only about 6 kinds of pistols and a bunch of back packs, range bags, and such. We are Firearm Philosophy. We have a middle "end cap" towards the far right wall (depending on how you enter) on the opposite side of the "craft" section where most of the guns are (not too too far from Runner Runner). I'm a big guy (can't be missed) in my 30's with a pathetic beard and my business partner is a little bit more refined older gentleman. My girlfriend will probably be there, too. Look for a weird pvc contraption of hanging back packs...

Top Bottom