• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    But they appear to actually have it. Maybe because they are just starting out selling powder they got some with their first order.

Got an email flyer from one of my bullet vendors that they are now selling powder/primers/other crap. Looking through it they say they have 8# jugs of Unique in stock. I hate the stuff myself but everybody's whining they can't find it, so here you go.....

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Well thanks for the heads up but I'm waiting for prices to settle before I restock any. I mainly use it for the 45 LC but I have plenty of blue dot that's a great substitute. I'll go $40/lb for rifle powder but for pistol it just stings too much. I just bought an 8lb jug of titegroup for $280 in hand yesterday and even that was above my comfort level. Probably because I still remember buying jugs for less than half that, although it was a long time ago.

Good to see it out there, thanks for sharing your source.

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    I don't expect 'prices to settle' for 2-3 years, personally. And they'll never go back to 'what they were.' Besides, Alliant has stopped selling canister grade powders completely. What you see now is old stock. You may never see another production run of Unique.

This came out last May:

1722540571806.png

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    That's a fair assessment. I started this thread a not long ago( https://www.texasguntalk.com/threads/china-guncotton-and-the-future-of-powder-prices.126197/ ) and there was a naysayer stating there is no nitrocellulose shortage. Lol. When I work through what's left of my unique and blue dot I'll look to find an alternative but I don't run many rounds through the 45s anyhow. I'm probably good for a 5 year stretch on those powders. I did see this same company with the unique also had RE15. I'd love some but I finally found a workable alternative and I'm adding 8 lbs of it to the 24 I currently have.

Not having any RE19 sucks but I still have 2 pounds and use it for the 280 deer loads. I also have 5lbs of Re22 I may never use. As an alternate I have plenty of imr4831 for the 280 so I'm probably a decade out from needing to use it. I've been expecting this news and I well equipped to survive the drought. I've bought probably 80+ lbs of powder in the last year alone.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Just realized the naysayer was from a different ammo thread ..
    RE15 is discontinued.

Hodgdon Trail Boss is discontinued. That is why the price is so high.

There is no gunpowder shortage.

There is no nitrocellulose shortage.

Ammo prices are dropping rapidly. Good Winchester FMJ practice ammo is .16c/round vs .34c/round pre covid.

Just a bunch of fear-mongering morons trying to drive up prices because they sell ammo and reloading supplies at gun shows.

I asked about the 16cpr Winchester ammo but didn't get a response. Lol

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    My Unique level powder is Hodgdon Universal. That's even harder to find than Unique. Yet I see HP-38/W231 everywhere. Go figure.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    I’m seeing quite a bit of powder on shelf’s right now. Guessing the insanity on pricing has a lot to do with it. Academy near me had H4350 available, if you felt like paying $70 a lb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Agreed Cody, everyone has primers and powder on "sale" lately and impressive inventories. Even saw large rifle primers here and there. Not sure if they're getting ahead of an impending recession or if it's just our luck. Still not at my buy prices but good to see it out there

Coon

Changing from glory to glory
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Montgomery
    Midsouth shooters supply has free hazmat right now, but the prices aren't great.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    Well thanks for the heads up but I'm waiting for prices to settle before I restock any. I mainly use it for the 45 LC but I have plenty of blue dot that's a great substitute. I'll go $40/lb for rifle powder but for pistol it just stings too much. I just bought an 8lb jug of titegroup for $280 in hand yesterday and even that was above my comfort level. Probably because I still remember buying jugs for less than half that, although it was a long time ago.

Good to see it out there, thanks for sharing your source.

You could call me about the Titegeoup next time :)

Top Bottom