• Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Now Tropical Storm Francine, otherwise nothing much has changed with the 10:00 update. I think it'll be about 24 hours from now when we'll start to get a better handle on the forecasted trajectory.

NOAA_2024-09-09_1000.png

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Im scheduled to fly out early tomorrow morning from Corpus Christi. Im not worried about rain causing a delay departure but the storm taking a slight left the next day, intensifying and leaving my wife behind. Doubt that it makes a coastal landing near CC but you never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    The 16:00 NOAA update is in and they're still showing it as a tropical storm with sustained winds of 65mph, so 9mph from a Cat 1. It's sped up a little bit, though, now moving 7mph NNW; the 10:00 update had it moving 5mph. The projected path possibility hasn't changed much, but it's anticipated that it'll officially become a hurricane sooner than previously expected. I'll check on Francine again in the morning.

NOAA_2024-09-09_1600.png

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Unless you're in west Texas.
    I flipped FOX on for a minute and the LA gov is giving a press conference, warning business owners how to prep for the oncoming onslaught from Francine. I just have to laugh. Anyone remember "Beryl"? It was gonna onshore in Mexico and then ended up east of Houston. So much for the predictions. If I were a betting man (not), I would be having the gulf coast of TX prepping for a mess.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Indeed. How you Corpus peeps feeling about now?

Concerned but not worried. Chances it will bypass CC. I leave to Washington State tomorrow early morning. I boarded a few first floor windows (probably not needed but…). I keep my boards up in the second floor from the last hurricane scare. My wife tends to worry and wants to take every precaution. I also don’t want to worry since I won’t be here…

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Concerned but not worried. Chances it will bypass CC. I leave to Washington State tomorrow early morning. I boarded a few first floor windows (probably not needed but…). I keep my boards up in the second floor from the last hurricane scare. My wife tends to worry and wants to take every precaution. I also don’t want to worry since I won’t be here…

Good luck

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    And...your 04:00 update from NOAA. There's been a definite shift in the near-term trajectory from 12 hours ago. The good news is that it moves the track farther away from Corpus Christi, and the expected Wednesday afternoon landfall has moved a little farther east into Louisiana. The possibly iffy news--other than the projection nudging closer to N'awins--is that in its latter stages the storm looks like it will be curving less east and more NNE...meaning that if something doesn't go as planned in the next 24 hours it potentially could steer more toward Texas. We'll see.

Its movement has slowed back to 5mph, and it still isn't a hurricane; max sustained winds still 65mph. The local news forecasters last night were showing projections of it reaching Cat 2 and 100mph winds before landfall.

NOAA_2024-09-10_0400.png

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mosingirl
    Top Bottom