• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I was almost certain there was a thread for in stock primers, but I could not find it. So I am starting a new thread.

My daughter was at Scheels in The Colony over the weekend and they had quite a few in stock. Prices seemed to have stablized.

They also have Cheddite shot shell primers at $65/1k.

74450135719__163C7704-C1F1-46C0-A0BF-B641F622EAAF.jpeg

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    Not trying to derail the thread, but I wonder if the increase in availability of primers is an inverse ratio to the decrease in availability (and obscene prices) of reloading powders?

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Wondering if anyone has experience with the Ginex brand that American Reloading has in stock. $339 for a case of SRP and $399.99 for a case of LRP (free shipping and hazmat) isn’t a bad deal. Hurts saying that $80 a brick “isn’t a bad deal”!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    Went by Cabela's to check stock yesterday. Lots of primers, some odd brands. But No LRP in WW or CCI which are my preference. They had no Alliant powders. The other popular powders in stock were at or over $65.00 per pound.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Primers are definitely becoming more available.

Bass Pro San Antonio has several in stock and I am starting to see decent deals on the internet and Gunbroker.

Just a little more time and prices will start coming down.

Deemus, after looking at the reflection of the photo you provided, do you shave your legs?

I think you may have missed the part where I said my daughter was the one who took the pic.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Carters Country has LR magnum primers in stock. Fed GM Match. Think they’re $11 or $12 a box. Quite a few other primers available as well, but I thought I saw someone looking for LR magnum.

Coon

Changing from glory to glory
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Montgomery
    Midsouth Shooters Supply has Remington 9 1/2 large rifle primers in stock. $109.99 per thousand. They also have ginex LRPs $499.99 for 5000. Prices suck, but they have them.

HelotesChaparral

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2024
    San Antonio
    Thanks for sharing CodyK and Coon.

Academy Sports here in San Antonio has small pistol primers in stock which is a good sign. They also had some powder.

Prices will start coming down once everyone gets stocked backed up - just a matter of time.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Thanks for sharing CodyK and Coon.

Academy Sports here in San Antonio has small pistol primers in stock which is a good sign. They also had some powder.

Prices will start coming down once everyone gets stocked backed up - just a matter of time.

Just in time for the election to put everything in the shitter again.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I'm at a Scheels in Colorado and they have everything you can imagine in stock
    Most are $79/1000 a few are a little higher

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I heard they're building a new Scheels location right in my backyard here in Leander, can't wait! I've only seen a few Remington's around online but at reasonable prices. Like everyone else I'm only looking for Large Rifle. I have about 5k LR match and regular and 4K Fed 215m and 1k 215. Really should last me a while but I'm still on the hunt for more. Best thing out there are RUAG Large Rifle which I've heard are quite mild. However, only way to get them under 90/k is to order 20k at a time.

I recently stocked up on Winchester SR and SP. Got more than you could shake a stick at. I'm willing to trade 3k for 2k large rifle but doubt I'll find any takers. Good signs that they may slowly drop back down to 6 cents each but I'm still not willing to go with Ginex or Servicios. Seriously considering the 20k of RUAG. Just prefer to have someone else willing to take the plunge. I really don't need more than 10k more. Lol.

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    I heard they're building a new Scheels location right in my backyard here in Leander, can't wait! I've only seen a few Remington's around online but at reasonable prices. Like everyone else I'm only looking for Large Rifle. I have about 5k LR match and regular and 4K Fed 215m and 1k 215. Really should last me a while but I'm still on the hunt for more. Best thing out there are RUAG Large Rifle which I've heard are quite mild. However, only way to get them under 90/k is to order 20k at a time.

I recently stocked up on Winchester SR and SP. Got more than you could shake a stick at. I'm willing to trade 3k for 2k large rifle but doubt I'll find any takers. Good signs that they may slowly drop back down to 6 cents each but I'm still not willing to go with Ginex or Servicios. Seriously considering the 20k of RUAG. Just prefer to have someone else willing to take the plunge. I really don't need more than 10k more. Lol.

Come to San Antonio. I’ll trade you some large rifle for small rifle.

Coon

Changing from glory to glory
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Montgomery
    I got an email that my local Academy got large rifle primers in, but when I tried to order for pickup, they were out of stock already. The manager of the store told me that none of his employees reload, so they aren't the ones getting them. Whatever...

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    @Coon, I guess that means the manager is the one buying them to flip. Lol. It is absurd, that inventory only populates as it's scanned in, not when the warehouse manifest is created. So either someone cleaned the shelf or an employee did. It's gone on around Austin since a year or two before covid hit. However I have had luck buying them for in-store pick up and avoiding any drama at the gun bar. I have a feeling prices are coming down at least until November. There's a lot more availability online and plenty of pricing approaching 6 cents for all but large rifle.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Well I just found 3k Winchester large rifle primers available at my local academy! At 8.99$ plus tax they're no bargain but I noticed HEB had an academy gift card promo a few weeks ago for 15% off so I bought a 100$ card. Still over 9 cents each after tax but at least I can stop looking around. They have CCIs in stock in Killeen if anyone wants to make the drive.

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    Well I just found 3k Winchester large rifle primers available at my local academy! At 8.99$ plus tax they're no bargain but I noticed HEB had an academy gift card promo a few weeks ago for 15% off so I bought a 100$ card. Still over 9 cents each after tax but at least I can stop looking around. They have CCIs in stock in Killeen if anyone wants to make the drive.

Let me know if you still want some federal. I got 400 of the 210 and wanted to give you Winchester to make 1k.
    Send me your brothers number and I’ll pass him the 400 of the federal 210 at least.

Top Bottom