• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    It has very little to do with his views on evolution, creation etc. neither are scientifically provable...

But everything to do with the some base concepts.
    1. Oh no everyone else is going to laugh at us because who we vote for.
    The issue is, a person shouldn't give a rats ass what some one thinks, Especially someone completely who doesn't have anything to do with the process. They should be in the pursuit of correctness who cares what someone thinks.

2. The implication of the post is if you don't agree with me, you're a knuckle dragging Neanderthal.

Neanderthals were very intelligent, probably more intelligent than Homo Sapiens.
    DK Firearms

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Also was a contributor to the Heller decision - I'd say that distinguishes him.
    Boom! Learned something new. Thanks

neither are scientifically provable...
    The minimum age of the earth is scientifically provable to 3.56 billion years old. Scientists suspect the earth is more like 4.6 billion years old based on scientifically proven ages of other objects in the solar system that would have formed at the same time as the earth.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Lol, wow, no one really is reading what I'm pointing out...

I guess geico needs to run more commercials, so easy a cave man can do it, hasn't made it into Internet vernacular.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I figured he'd be as slimy as perry seems.

Personally, im done compromising with the left, how do you compromise with gun control kooks?

I doubt if anybody is as slimy as Perry seems. (Perry was a Democrat until it became inconvenient.) I don't have anything against the guy, but I'm not a fan.

Compromise with gun control kooks??? No. Not ever.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    It has very little to do with his views on evolution, creation etc. neither are scientifically provable...

Are you serious? There is a mountain of evidence to support evolution and not one single solitary shred of evidence in support of creationism. Anyway, that wasn't the point of the post - I'm not talking in specific terms about Dewhurst or Cruz, I was speaking more generally about all politicians. If someone is going to represent the United States of America to the rest of the world, or Texas to the rest of the country, etc, one would not want their elected official to be a complete buffoon. That was all I'm getting at.

I've never understood the "We sure wouldn't want to burdon our politicians with an over abundance of education! No sirree!!" camp. Seriously, what is wrong with getting a good education?

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Are you serious? There is a mountain of evidence to support evolution and not one single solitary shred of evidence in support of creationism. Anyway, that wasn't the point of the post - I'm not talking in specific terms about Dewhurst or Cruz, I was speaking more generally about all politicians. If someone is going to represent the United States of America to the rest of the world, or Texas to the rest of the country, etc, one would not want their elected official to be a complete buffoon. That was all I'm getting at.

I've never understood the "We sure wouldn't want to burdon our politicians with an over abundance of education! No sirree!!" camp. Seriously, what is wrong with getting a good education?

Wow, never thought we get off into creationism! How do you know God didn't create evolution? There's nothing that proves He didn't.

Anyway, back on topic. I get the concerns about spending time out of Texas but I think they're unfounded. I've spent a lot of time out of state, and a moderate time out of country (mostly in Mexico, Middle East and Europe). I'm fairly well educated. I also spend a fair amount of time working with Fortune 500 executives, private equity, and some folks that people would call "elitists." In short, I'm "exposed to the illness" pretty regularly

Having those experiences has not made me liberal. It has made me appreciate what we have here in Texas. It has also allowed me some insight into the mindset of liberal thinkers.

"These people" aren't our enemies- they're simple wrong in thinking they will achieve their goals through the methods they advocate for. When we de-humanize and disrespect them as people we kill any chance of winning them over. That's why education and communication skills are so much more important than brute force, sound bytes and attacks. That's why my "beloved leader" Ron Paul often fails - lack of communication skills. If his same ideas were promoted by someone, who say, won US and International debating championships (ie Cruz) or had excellent communication skills (e.g. Reagan) then those ideas could sway more people into a freedom-loving mindset.

Education and perspective don't create bad ideas. Faulty analysis and logic create bad ideas.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Mexican Hippie said:
    That's why my "beloved leader" Ron Paul often fails - lack of communication skills. If his same ideas were promoted by someone, who say, won US and International debating championships (ie Cruz) or had excellent communication skills (e.g. Reagan) then those ideas could sway more people into a freedom-loving mindset.

I hear that. Ron Paul's background is in economics rather than in politics, so it makes sense to me that he'd be better at dealing with numbers than with people.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I get the founders' intent. I wish it worked that way, but it doesn't.

Reading your post it sounds like your personal identification with the candidate is more important than their policy stances and political history? FYI, these guys have very different histories of actions backing their "stances."

Also, Dewhurst consistency supported legislation that increased Texas budget and the size of government, which inherently redistributes wealth. Yes, even as a Repbulican he's part of the reason for Texas' budget issues.

Not trying to flame you, I get the allure of apathy. I just disagree that your logic results in any better result for the people of Texas or the US. I get that some people think its fine how it is, but if we want better results we have to be active in the primaries.

'Nuff said

No flame taken, and an apathetic Libtard would not have taken the time to respond.

The point is, neither candidate (whether home grown or supported by out-of-state interests) will drive me to vote in a run-off. I'll still reluctantly vote for a nominal conservative, in the hope he will roll back the progressive agenda that lets voters raid the pocket books of others.

Perhaps you might reconsider your view on the 17th Amendment. If enough people worked to have it repealed, it will be done. I doubt the Supreme Court would find any argument to oppose it, since that was the Original Intent of our Founders.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409

Just look at every piece of coinage in you pocket.

They all say: "In God we Trust," "E Pluribus Unum," and "Liberty."

Our Nation is Founded on a concept of Liberty bestowed upon us by a Creator.

That is the foundation of the Rule of Law, not the Rule of Man.

There is no pagan belief system which provides an equal measure of explanation of our condition than does a belief in a single creator who brought us to this place.

slammr

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2009
    Plano, Tx
    I was impressed by Dewhurst' tax returns in that he gave most of his income to charity the last year and sizable chunk the previous two years. It was well over $1M dollars. I can't believe Cruz and his misleading about his father in Cuba (he fought for Castro). Don't believe he will be "tough" on illegal immigrant issue. Don't believe Dewhurst that strong on it either.

slammr

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2009
    Plano, Tx
    Dewhurst is weak without the establishment behind him. Time for some new blood. Cruz it is for me. Killing campus carry lost my vote a while ago.

IMHO, most college age kids brains have not developed enough to be trusted with carrying a firearm. I've had two and I was one. I think that counts as experienced.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    IMHO, most college age kids brains have not developed enough to be trusted with carrying a firearm. I've had two and I was one. I think that counts as experienced.

My friend, the government of the US placed a gun in my hands and said "Defend Your Country". One of my sons did the same - both when we were 18 years of age. If I'm old enough to die for this country, I'm damned well qualified to defend myself!

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    My friend, the government of the US placed a gun in my hands and said "Defend Your Country". One of my sons did the same - both when we were 18 years of age. If I'm old enough to die for this country, I'm damned well qualified to defend myself!

Well said. Same here. I spent my 18th year in training and my 19th birthday was celebrated on the sands of Saudi Arabia. funny thing is I managed to squeeze in a college course here and there in the meantime.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    If they don't have developed brains, it's because no one worked with them to give them the experience they needed. Far too many people try to be friends with their kids instead of parents.

I was shooting by the time I went to grade school, and gun safety was drilled into me with no tolerance for violation. I saw to it that my son was trained on shooting and gun safety at an early age.

They stopped the draft just before I reached 18, so I didn't have to serve in the military. I am a firm believer that anyone who can be called upon to fight and potentially die for his country should be entitled to any and all rights and privileges of an adult citizen.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Just look at every piece of coinage in you pocket.

They all say: "In God we Trust," "E Pluribus Unum," and "Liberty."

Our Nation is Founded on a concept of Liberty bestowed upon us by a Creator.

That is the foundation of the Rule of Law, not the Rule of Man.

There is no pagan belief system which provides an equal measure of explanation of our condition than does a belief in a single creator who brought us to this place.

Actually "In God We Trust" wasn't added to American paper currency until around 1957 and The Treaty of Tripoli flat out states that the United States of America is not a Christain nation. "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion." which was signed by John Adams and unanimously ratified by the U.S. Senate in 1797. Belief in an invisible sky wizard that magically whisked us into being without any single shred of supporting evidence simply doesn't cut it for many people, sorry.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom