• Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Not a debate really.
    She had a well rehearsed speech and didn't stray much from it. She attacked with the same debunked lies and he spent too much time in defense and not enough on offense. He needed to mock her lies briefly then spend more time on his plan. Use that to attack her credibility but he let it get to him.
    You can't be effective if you burn up your time countering her and not attacking.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I was going to casually watch it, but it didn't take long for it to devolve into exactly what I expected it to - a pissing contest where neither participant couldn't hit the others boots.

Who won? MSM, comedians, meme writers, etc. They all have plenty of material to work from now.
    Who lost? America, as usual.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I don't think the debate changed any votes, for either candidate....

That’s charitable. The undecided voter is the target audience for these events. A candidate has to effectively use these opportunities to convince the undecideds to either vote for them or against their opponent.

Trump treated last night’s opportunity as a campaign rally looking back, Harris treated it as 90 free minutes to sell a theme of moving forward. That’s going to change some undecideds to decideds, one way or the other. In the six or seven states where it has to matter, Harris likely will gain more ground than Trump with her strategy.

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Trump treated last night’s opportunity as a campaign rally looking back, Harris treated it as 90 free minutes to sell a theme of moving forward. That’s going to change some undecideds to decideds, one way or the other. In the six or seven states where it has to matter, Harris likely will gain more ground than Trump with her strategy.
    All true. He should have hit her harder on the "you're in office NOW, why not do it now?" question. I mean, just the concept of "moving forward" implies that you don't like where you are. C'mon, Don!

And now it's over, anyway. Taylor Swift has endorsed the Kam Monster. She's "done her research". Ha ha!

S13

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2022
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    I haven't seen anyone mention this.

Heels up Harris was almost a conservative in many of her "policy" statements last night.

Do you really think that is what they wanted to have to do and say?

Their internal polling is terrible.

Anyway, the she damaged herself. I doubt she gained any votes, but she most certainly lost some hard left votes.

Trump gained or lost nothing

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    ABC is the biggest loser due to their failure to obey their own rules regarding mic control and "fact-checking."

Trump's getting stuck in the past and scattershot approach to many situations means he lost by a hair.

Depressing as all hell, every bit of it. I regret promising my sister I'd watch it with her.

They fact checked everything he said, but anything the Camel said was just assumed to be the truth by the ABC team.
    Fair and unbiased news??? Yeah right!

Bad Hombre

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2023
    Texas
    That’s charitable. The undecided voter is the target audience for these events. A candidate has to effectively use these opportunities to convince the undecideds to either vote for them or against their opponent.

I don't believe there are any true undecided voters out there. There are people who say they are but you would have to be pretty stupid or living in a hole in the ground to truly be undecided.

But Trump did a lousy, lousy, lousy job and let that useless woman be the winner because Trump was definitely the loser. Same as I've said for about 4 years now.....he doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut and people are tired of hearing his lying and whining about the last election. He screwed the pooch last election and looks like he might do it again. and against a candidate that could not even make it past the first primary when she was running for president before. If she wins the election, we better hang on to a big majority in the House or Senate....or both.

S13

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2022
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    For the target audience yes, but change conservative to mainstream or centrist
    I'm talking about all voters.

The only change last night was a few leftists heard her support Israel, support private health insurance, support fracking and say she isn't taking guns away. They won't like that.

I seriously doubt she gained a single Trump vote with those lies.

Bad Hombre

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2023
    Texas
    I'm talking about all voters.

The only change last night was a few leftists heard her support Israel, support private health insurance, support fracking and say she isn't taking guns away. They won't like that.

I seriously doubt she gained a single Trump vote with those lies.
    No, but Trump lost a lot of votes either to her or to sit-at-home with his pathetic performance. Just more of the same blah-blah-blah whining as for the last 4 years and people are really sick of it. There are actually good candidates out there but this moron is still the pick of the majority? What a laugh....I bet she wins, and we will all be screwed !

S13

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2022
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    No, but Trump lost a lot of votes either to her or to sit-at-home with his pathetic performance. Just more of the same blah-blah-blah whining as for the last 4 years and people are really sick of it. There are actually good candidates out there but this moron is still the pick of the majority? What a laugh....I bet she wins, and we will all be screwed !
    Going to have to disagree. Everyone already knows who Trump is. Trump bring Trump last night changed nothing.

Those people you describe already weren't voting Trump.

I will agree he didn't gain any votes last night.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I did not watch the debae because, as a political exercise, it has little or no value to anyone other than those cheerleaders on either side of the spectrum. As predicted, today the media is flooded with "news" of Harris' triumph and how she emerged as the strongest and most visionary candidate (based on her 100% prepared statements that were accepted verbatim). On the other hand, if you read the Gateway Pundit you see that they make the rare distinction of what was actually said by both sides which no one really wants to hear.

Largely a waste of time in an exercise that bears no resemblance to the presidential debates of the 1950's - 1980's. This format needs to be abandoned.

Top Bottom