• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    BTW, "real patriots" don't support Marxism. They don't support Presidents who apologize for the USA. They don't support Congress members that bypass the Constitution to "deem" bills to be complete.

So, I take it that you believe that the "real patriots" are the ones who support a "Stalinist" government model. "Real patriots," supported the President who apologized to China because an American citizen evoked his right of free speech which hurt Chinese feelings, apologized to China when they captured a US Navy warplane in international airspace and imprisoned its crew because a Chinese fighter pilot wasn't good enough to keep it in the air, apologized to Iraq's prime minister because a US soldier allegedly shot a book, apologized to the King of Jordan for the, "...humiliation suffered," by captured Iraqi terrorists at Abu Ghraib...and there is more...

You claim that, "real patriots," don't support Congress members who, "bypass the Constitution," (BTW, when did that happen, and exactly what piece of legislation did they, "deem complete"?), but do support a Congress that kowtowed to every whim of the last president, who, BTW, was a master of circumventing the Constitution with at least 66 Executive Orders that we know about...one of which would give him absolute power in the event he called a national emergency...66 National Security Presidential Directives, 25 Homeland Security Presidential Directives, all that served to circumvent the powers of Congress and the separation of powers. This is also the same president who is reported to have referred to the Constitution as a, "...goddamned piece of paper"?

"Real patriots," are the ones who supported the same GOP president and GOP Congress that shit on the right of habeas corpus called out in the main body of the Constitution, the rights and liberties called out in the Bill of Rights, specifically the 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th, 9th and 10th Amendments, as well as the 14th Amendment with the so-called, "Patriot Act"?

See, it swings both ways...I am not happy with Obama, but I am not blinded by hate and being manipulated by extremist propaganda and disinformation from the right or left. I do not get my information from viral emails or inaccurate extremist bloggers or hate-radio commentators, and especially not partisan agenda driven, "entertainment," news sources like Faux News or CNN...and I know when it is raining and when someone is pissing on my back...right now, it is election year and there is a lot of pissing coming from both parties.

Peace, out
    Venture Surplus ad

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    skinman said:
    I am not blinded by hate and being manipulated by extremist propaganda and disinformation from the right or left. I do not get my information from viral emails or inaccurate extremist bloggers or hate-radio commentators, and especially not partisan agenda driven, "entertainment," news sources like Faux News or CNN...and I know when it is raining and when someone is pissing on my back...right now, it is election year and there is a lot of pissing coming from both parties.

A big +1 to this.

Hit the nail right on the head with that entire statement. All the people out there who don't recognize that they are being pissed on from two different directions have about as much sense as the apathetic cow that stands in the rain when it could wander into a barn and don't deserve to vote because they lack the basic cognitive function to analyze and interpret.

By the way, that "piece of paper" comment by former President Bush was supposedly another viral email and untrue.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    The CURRENT administration is Marxist. No previous administration - Republican, Democrat, or Whig - has been Marxist.

Several recent pieces of major legislation by-passed the constitutional process, notably the Obamacare bill. Each house of Congress passed separate bills. Under the Constitution, those bills would be combined by members of the houses so that parts that conflict would have to be modified or removed. Then both houses would vote and have to approve the final bill before it was sent to the president for signature. Instead, Pelosi and company "deemed" the bill to be complete and bundled the whole thing off for signature. (Hence her comment about passing it so they could find out what was in it.)

Exactly who "s*** on habeas corpus"? Nobody. That was not changed by the Patriot Act. Oh, by the way, Obama and the veto-proof Democratic Congress reauthorized the Patriot Act. That "Blame Bush" thing has really, really gotten tiring.

Also, exactly what part of the 14th Amendment was trashed? The part about people being allowed to vote? Nothing happened to that. The part about Representatives being divided up according to population? Unchanged as far as I can tell. The anti-Confederate parts? Pretty sure all those guys have been dead for a long time.

But, hey, don't let facts stand in the way of your feelings.

Not that I'm a fan of the Patriot Act. I'm not. But there IS a war going on and during war time there are security measures that are normally taken to address potential enemy sabotage. You'll have to point out the internment camps (a la FDR) that seem to be invisible to the rest of us. Exactly how many of the people you actually know have been rounded up and treated unfairly under the Act??

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    The CURRENT administration is Marxist.

This is inflammatory election year bullshit being pushed by pea-brained idiots like that drug addled draft-dodger Limbaugh, along with other far-right extremist like Beck, and Herr Karl Rove.

Several recent pieces of major legislation by-passed the constitutional process, notably the Obamacare bill. Each house of Congress passed separate bills. Under the Constitution, those bills would be combined by members of the houses so that parts that conflict would have to be modified or removed. Then both houses would vote and have to approve the final bill before it was sent to the president for signature. Instead, Pelosi and company "deemed" the bill to be complete and bundled the whole thing off for signature. (Hence her comment about passing it so they could find out what was in it.)

The Healthcare legislation passed both Chambers of Congress and was signed into law as outlined by the Constitution. Just because a very loud minority doesn't like it doesn't change the legality of how it came about. Calling the process unconstitutional is disingenuous and is just another worn-out line from the rightist propaganda handbook.

Exactly who "s*** on habeas corpus"? Nobody. That was not changed by the Patriot Act. Oh, by the way, Obama and the veto-proof Democratic Congress reauthorized the Patriot Act. That "Blame Bush" thing has really, really gotten tiring.

I guess the first response to this is to ask you if you know what habeas corpus means. If you know what it means, then you cannot deny that there are parts of the Patriot Act that deny that right, and American citizens have been affected. If you are not sure what is happening with this, then please remember that google is your friend...become informed.

Also, exactly what part of the 14th Amendment was trashed? The part about people being allowed to vote? Nothing happened to that. The part about Representatives being divided up according to population? Unchanged as far as I can tell. The anti-Confederate parts? Pretty sure all those guys have been dead for a long time. But, hey, don't let facts stand in the way of your feelings.

Fact: The 14th Amendment's Due Process Clause fundamental right of privacy.
    Feelings: The government, state and federal, are trampling this right under the veil of national security.

Not that I'm a fan of the Patriot Act. I'm not. But there IS a war going on and during war time there are security measures that are normally taken to address potential enemy sabotage. You'll have to point out the internment camps (a la FDR) that seem to be invisible to the rest of us. Exactly how many of the people you actually know have been rounded up and treated unfairly under the Act??

Yes, there IS a war going on, but allowing doomsayers to continue fanning fears to take away the fundamental rights and deny the personal liberties that makes this nation great is far more dangerous than the than guns and bullets...and hijacked airlines...of our enemies. The Founding Fathers knew this.

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    Just a Cotton Picking Minute...

More BS from some who just want to REwrite history.

apologized to China when they captured a US Navy warplane in international airspace and imprisoned its crew because a Chinese fighter pilot wasn't good enough to keep it in the air, apologized to Iraq's prime minister because a US soldier allegedly shot a book, apologized to the King of Jordan for the, "...humiliation suffered," by captured Iraqi terrorists at Abu Ghraib...and there is more...

More liberal tripe, probably found at a website called - www.bashbush.com. Bush did NOT apologize to China for the Spy Plane incident. When the incident first happened, liberals were saying that the young inexperienced Bush would be taken to lunch by the Chinese. He handled it superbly, I remember the letter that said NOTHING about an apology.

Abu Grab was the democrats way of stopping Bush's victory in Iraq. Wasn't CBS just great in releasing those photos? I always wanted to see college pranks like that, naked bodies piled up and a woman soldier smiling and pointing at them. Abu Grab was the first democrat SURGE at trying to get Bush to LOSE the Iraq War. Because of this, many Iraqi insurgents had to be turned loose where they could go home, change into pajamas, and plant bombs. Gee, ain't democrats PATRIOTIC?

Another "misspeak" is about Obama Care, how soon we forget. Instead of the economy, jobs, or the ongoing wars, Obammy, Peelosi, and Reid spent over a year focusing on changing the way health care is handled in this country. Did they do anything unethical? Let's see. In order to get it passed, they had to LIE, BRIBE, THREATEN, PROMISE JOBS FOR VOTES, VOTE AT MIDNIGHT, ON A HOLIDAY, and sign a worthless piece of paper on abortion, just to get DEMOCRATS to pass it. Never mind that nearly 70% of the people were against it. You will TAKE IT and LIKE IT. Unethical? Unconstitutional? You make the call.

The Patriot Act. I'm not crazy about it but one of the studies done on 9/11 was the fact that agencies could not "talk" to each other. Even though 9/11 had been planned by the terrorists since the failed first WTC bombing, there was no real anti-terrorism coordination by the Clinton administration. Something better needed to be done.

Finally. I know for a fact that with the advent of the internet, and Google, anyone can find anything anywhere anytime that they WANT to hear. I will bet you that you can find a website to say that the moon is made of green cheese. I have found that there is more DISINFORMATION on George W. Bush than any other person in history. Liberal websites with Conservative sounding names are rampant and start off looking "middle of the road". But delving into them further, they are as CORRUPT as the democrat party today.

There, I said it.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Hey Skinman, could you please explain to me how ALL this CR-P O-JACKA$$ AND CLOWNS have passed IS NOT MARXIST????? and dont worry, soon the "Conservative Types" will be running this country again and get it back on the RIGHT TRACK!!!!! where as the MARXISTS you continue to DEFEND will most all be back out on their A$$E$ where they belong!! so just sit back and keep BUSH bashing some more as we all laugh!!!!!

SWJewellTN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    LaVergne,TN
    I must say that this thread was a hoot to read.

My two cents is that the problem with this country is that it has been paralyzed by the extremes on both sides and the inaction of the silent majority. Good job to all!

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    I must say that this thread was a hoot to read.

My two cents is that the problem with this country is that it has been paralyzed by the extremes on both sides and the inaction of the silent majority. Good job to all!

Finally, sombody GETS IT...but now that the silent majority is coming to life as exampled by the event in DC over the weekend, the extremes on the left are getting scared, and the ones on the righ will be easier to deal with because at least a LITTLE of what they believe is based on the Constitution and common sense economics...

SWJewellTN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    LaVergne,TN
    I have felt that the two-party system has been the downfall of our country for a couple of decades now, and that it needs the silent majority to wake-up, take control, and tell the extremes, (notice the plurality), to either deal with it or go pack sand somewhere else. But alas, I fear it'll never happen.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    I have felt that the two-party system has been the downfall of our country for a couple of decades now, and that it needs the silent majority to wake-up, take control, and tell the extremes, (notice the plurality), to either deal with it or go pack sand somewhere else. But alas, I fear it'll never happen.

I'm thinking it is going to happen...but what happens in the mean time ain't gonna be pretty.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    the extremes on the left are getting scared

What gives you that impression? They have nothing to worry about whatsoever because the right has no viable candidates and spend as much time arguing amongst itself as it does arguing against the left. Honestly I see the death of the GOP with the Tea Party movement but the Tea Party will never gain enough momentum to actually take office in the White House because there will always be stubborn old bastards that cling to their GOP heritage because they are too set in their ways.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Look at the upcoming election. It is shaping up to be a landslide of conservatives taking over at least one house and maybe both...and the Lib/Dems are NOT likeing it at all...

SWJewellTN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    LaVergne,TN
    What gives you that impression? They have nothing to worry about whatsoever because the right has no viable candidates and spend as much time arguing amongst itself as it does arguing against the left. Honestly I see the death of the GOP with the Tea Party movement but the Tea Party will never gain enough momentum to actually take office in the White House because there will always be stubborn old bastards that cling to their GOP heritage because they are too set in their ways.

Wow! You're repeating yourself.

Umm, I believe the statistics showed that educated, white, independent, males made the difference in getting President Obama elected, and that is exactly who's disillusioned, (according to polls), and who will throw him out after one term.

Top Bottom