• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I filled up too. Can't pass up gas th that cheap. Besides I can run the generator a long time off 36 gallons of gas. Just need one of those straw sized transfer pumps.
    Guns International

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    finnigj96ho41.png

Attachments

• finnigj96ho41.png
      finnigj96ho41.png
      118.3 KB · Views: 521

Ioannes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    US
    Costco Part Dos, The Reckoning.

So there, no kidding, strolling thru Costco today after having filled up on $1.49 gas in both the truck and my wife’s car. Can’t pass up on that, it’s good stuff.

Anyways there’s no line to get in, and the natives weren’t restless. We wandered to aisles just to see what Coronageddon looked like. As expected, paper goods had been decimated, even though they’re reloading every day. Raw Beef and chicken was out, as well as 50lb bags of rice.

Pretty much every thing else was untouched. By this time, my lovely bride stopped, stared at me soulfully, with a desire in her eyes I hadn’t seen in a while. Now, I don’t write those steamy, torrid romance novels that she likes to read, but I would imagine that’s how it would be written.

Anyways, she turns, gives me ‘the look’ and says “Let’s check out the bourbon aisle, lover”. So we started to mosey out and head over to the Costco Liquor store because yes Mabel, we’re down to two handles of Weller and that’s no bueno.

Back to the story, which is true; mostly. Since they’ve installed the self-checkout, this lets us leave Costco without feeling guilty that we didn’t buy anything and we can just cut thru the lines on the left and right like Moses parting the Red Sea, which about of the same importance as making it to the liquor section and re-assuring my better half that we’d not be left high and dry with none of that most patriotic liquor.

And that’s when we saw it. The dude in the commie milsurp gas mask. Now realize, we’re both veterans and have been gassed (figuratively and literally) and know the shit show we’re witnessing is of epic proportions and decide we have to get a picture of this. I realized this dude must be one prepared dude, so I went for my cell phone with one hand, and used the other to confirm my so aptly named less than lethal solution, the execution torch, was ready to deploy in case this guy had a less than enthusiastic reaction of becoming a celebrity since I have a a huge following in this whole social distancing game.

I’m always strapped, but Costco doesn’t particularly care for members to employ deadly force after that whole deal Cali where the cop offed the dude bitching over the cops kid. I hear they’ll trespass you and your membership gets forfeited or something gay like that, but I don’t really think this situation warrants me losing my right to purchase TP in bulk, which is why I needed the execution torch in case trouble started brewing.

But alas, it wasn’t there on my hip, next to my trusty 1911. And that’s why y’all don’t have a picture of a dude in costume at Costco and I came home with a bottle of Crown Royal peach instead of bourbon.

I wouldn't go into my local Costco now WITHOUT my full face P100 respirator. Different strokes.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Costco Part Dos, The Reckoning.

So there, no kidding, strolling thru Costco today after having filled up on $1.49 gas in both the truck and my wife’s car. Can’t pass up on that, it’s good stuff.

Anyways there’s no line to get in, and the natives weren’t restless. We wandered to aisles just to see what Coronageddon looked like. As expected, paper goods had been decimated, even though they’re reloading every day. Raw Beef and chicken was out, as well as 50lb bags of rice.

Pretty much every thing else was untouched. By this time, my lovely bride stopped, stared at me soulfully, with a desire in her eyes I hadn’t seen in a while. Now, I don’t write those steamy, torrid romance novels that she likes to read, but I would imagine that’s how it would be written.

Anyways, she turns, gives me ‘the look’ and says “Let’s check out the bourbon aisle, lover”. So we started to mosey out and head over to the Costco Liquor store because yes Mabel, we’re down to two handles of Weller and that’s no bueno.

Back to the story, which is true; mostly. Since they’ve installed the self-checkout, this lets us leave Costco without feeling guilty that we didn’t buy anything and we can just cut thru the lines on the left and right like Moses parting the Red Sea, which about of the same importance as making it to the liquor section and re-assuring my better half that we’d not be left high and dry with none of that most patriotic liquor.

And that’s when we saw it. The dude in the commie milsurp gas mask. Now realize, we’re both veterans and have been gassed (figuratively and literally) and know the shit show we’re witnessing is of epic proportions and decide we have to get a picture of this. I realized this dude must be one prepared dude, so I went for my cell phone with one hand, and used the other to confirm my so aptly named less than lethal solution, the execution torch, was ready to deploy in case this guy had a less than enthusiastic reaction of becoming a celebrity since I have a a huge following in this whole social distancing game.

I’m always strapped, but Costco doesn’t particularly care for members to employ deadly force after that whole deal Cali where the cop offed the dude bitching over the cops kid. I hear they’ll trespass you and your membership gets forfeited or something gay like that, but I don’t really think this situation warrants me losing my right to purchase TP in bulk, which is why I needed the execution torch in case trouble started brewing.

But alas, it wasn’t there on my hip, next to my trusty 1911. And that’s why y’all don’t have a picture of a dude in costume at Costco and I came home with a bottle of Crown Royal peach instead of bourbon.
    Did you get the 55gal drum of tampons too?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom