• Status
    Not open for further replies.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    My in-laws live near us and officially decided they still want to see our family & kids rather than be totally isolated. They understand the risks. I'm not sure I'm 100% on board but they're not my parents. With my parents I've told them I want to hold off a little longer.

What are you guys doing with elderly parents? For the 1911 crowd, how do you feel about being around grandkids?

I am the elderly parent. have 2 gkids here now and several more visited Mon. Que sera sera
    Gun Zone Deals

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I don't care. If I am around a kid and they need it, they get a hug. They come first. Covid virus be damned. I will NOT put my personal well being over that of a kid. Especially if it was shown to be more dangerous to kids, me giving it to them would be a bigger worry for me than me catching from them.
    Can't say I'd do anything differently either, but there is the argument to be made you still have many more years of shoulders and hugs if you can avoid getting your ass kicked by the Kung Flu.

LeadChucker

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2019
    Dallas TX
    I must admit I'm having a hard time understanding "if it happens it happens". I know we all have to die eventually, over that we have no control. But have you ever seen someone die of pneumonia/lung failure? I watched pneumonia take my grandfather and it is a horrible way to die. You literally drown in slow motion. If given a small bit of control over how we may potentially die, maybe we should take advantage of it?

Put it another way, if I were told it was my time to go and I could choose between a lightning strike and Corona virus - I'll be singing in the rain, Just singing in the..BLAM-O!

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    My in-laws live near us and officially decided they still want to see our family & kids rather than be totally isolated. They understand the risks. I'm not sure I'm 100% on board but they're not my parents. With my parents I've told them I want to hold off a little longer.

What are you guys doing with elderly parents? For the 1911 crowd, how do you feel about being around grandkids?
    Well since the gkids have been out of the petri dish (school) for over 2 weeks now I would be fine with a visit. They have not gone out so all should be good. I will not change my life to fit a manufactured panic.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    Nope.

Just watching the numbers. Between NYC burning up the board and the transmissibility we’ve seen in the US, that bug didn’t just evaporate over the course of a few weeks in China. Especially if it can live on surfaces for up to 17 days as has been seen on the Princess cruise ships.

I’m big enough to admit I could be wrong, but I don’t think I am.
    The Chicoms will never let out the real numbers, so we will probably never know.

Two things I am certain of:

1. The infection rate and deaths in China and Iran are both way underreported
    2. There will be another disease that will originate in China in the future.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I must admit I'm having a hard time understanding "if it happens it happens". I know we all have to die eventually, over that we have no control. But have you ever seen someone die of pneumonia/lung failure? I watched pneumonia take my grandfather and it is a horrible way to die. You literally drown in slow motion. If given a small bit of control over how we may potentially die, maybe we should take advantage of it?

Put it another way, if I were told it was my time to go and I could choose between a lightning strike and Corona virus - I'll be singing in the rain, Just singing in the..BLAM-O!
    And one could catch the flu or come down with any number of illnesses that could result in pneumonia or some other form of death. Do we all hide in a bunker for all those other possible illnesses?

You are more likely to die in a car accident. Are you still driving? Some of those deaths can be pretty ugly too.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Last I checked, we don’t get to choose when or how we go, except possibly suicide which isn’t always successful.

One can employ all the protective protocols possible, not catch the virus and get run over by a train if it’s all part of whatever the deity you (do/don’t) believe in has in store for you.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    OK, I'm easily amused.

Attachments

• 1585168958499.png
      1585168958499.png
      17.5 KB · Views: 209

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Just read a short comment that the "military" is contacting retired folks(mainly from the medical MOS's) to see if these folks would come back into the service to assist with the CV crises.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Can't say I'd do anything differently either, but there is the argument to be made you still have many more years of shoulders and hugs if you can avoid getting your ass kicked by the Kung Flu.
    Of I get it, my heart is most likely to go before my lungs get the chance.
    Unlike a lot of people, I came to grips my mortality before I was even grown. I know how fragile life is. And I have no illusions about my own health.
    I have lived my life. Although I have some regrets, I like to think a good one. It is not the job of kids to protect me. It is mine to protect them. To see to their well being. Regardless of the cost to me.
    Conway Twitty had it right. I'm a Dad, that's my job. That's what I do.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    Last I checked, we don’t get to choose when or how we go, except possibly suicide which isn’t always successful.

One can employ all the protective protocols possible, not catch the virus and get run over by a train if it’s all part of whatever the deity you (do/don’t) believe in has in store for you.

^QFT

No. If it actually were a choice (which it isn't) - I would choose to be the lightning bolt.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom