benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
Medical forms are a joke. My pen does crazy things when I fill them out
I once went for testing in a teaching environment where I knew the history taken would be extensive and much of it not related to my condition. I was OK with that, under the circumstances.

For the question, approximately, of "What do you feel is the greatest risk to your health from your job?" I wrote "soul-crushing boredom."

When the two doctors finally saw me, they went over the history in detail. At that answer, they laughed, put down the history, and told me I should hit up some of the students for a date.

Yeah. It was a very long time ago. :)

Texas42

TGT Addict
Nov 21, 2008
Texas
But those questions had nothing to do with my reasons for seeking medical attention. I had a pinched nerve in my neck and couldn't even move my right arm or hand. I wasn't depressed or angry or having emotional or mental issues.

Plus not fifteen minutes later, drove across the street to the ER at the hospital, and they never asked those questions. Matter of fact, they thought it rather ridiculous.
Actually, most of the people with chronic back pain have a mental disorder. Depression and chronic pain go hand in hand. That being said, I don’t recall ever asking about firearm possession.

And when I see someone I usually need a review of systems of 10 for 99220 (for admission under observation status for intractable back pain). I think its important to discuss tobacco. I’ll counsel you to quit, discuss various risks and benefits for treatment for a about three minutes and bill a 99406. Oh, by the way, your 50, you should get your colonoscopy soon. I’d be happy to put a referral in. Oh, you have 30 pack years of tobacco, you need a low dose screening CT scan for lung cancer.

Axxe55

Professional Troublemaker
Dec 15, 2019
Deep East Texas.
Actually, most of the people with chronic back pain have a mental disorder. Depression and chronic pain go hand in hand. That being said, I don’t recall ever asking about firearm possession.

And when I see someone I usually need a review of systems of 10 for 99220 (for admission under observation status for intractable back pain). I think its important to discuss tobacco. I’ll counsel you to quit, discuss various risks and benefits for treatment for a about three minutes and bill a 99406. Oh, by the way, your 50, you should get your colonoscopy soon. I’d be happy to put a referral in. Oh, you have 30 pack years of tobacco, you need a low dose screening CT scan for lung cancer.
I know exactly why I have chronic back pain and issues and it has not one thing to do with any mental disorders! And I'm not in the least bit depressed either!

I'm an adult. I don't want, or need your counseling. Either fix the issue I came in for, or get a real doctor I can see.

I can see now why so many people die from shoddy medical care! You're too busy asking questions and trying to counsel people!

You and Dr. HKS sure need to get a practice together. You're both quacks!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
TGT Supporter
May 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Tx.

This is sarcasm, right?

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
May 8, 2017
Johnson County, TX
I know exactly why I have chronic back pain and issues and it has not one thing to do with any mental disorders! And I'm not in the least bit depressed either!

I'm an adult. I don't want, or need your counseling. Either fix the issue I came in for, or get a real doctor I can see.

I can see now why so many people die from shoddy medical care! You're too busy asking questions and trying to counsel people!

You and Dr. HKS sure need to get a practice together. You're both quacks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Professional Troublemaker
Dec 15, 2019
Deep East Texas.
And Doctors wonder why people don't trust them, and people are flocking to the Internet for answers. Y'all did this shit to yourselves, suck it up fuckers.
Amen brother!

Top Bottom