IMG_1582.jpg
      79.6 KB · Views: 531

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Talked with a friend today who told me her neighbor went to the doctor with some breathing problems. She was checked for pneumonia and bronchitis but was negative so the doctor diagnosed her with coronavirus and prescribed bed rest. When she asked why she was not tested for the virus the doctor told her that she did not show any of the symptoms. :banghead:

I'm getting my second Shingrix vaccine on Monday with the common side effect of flu like symptoms. Maybe my employer will have me work from home until two weeks after the symptoms disappear?

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    ...... Or at least what I THOUGHT it used to mean. Too bad that Dr guy isn't here to explain for us.
    Makes me wonder if the dear neighbor has any family to help her?
    Because what she is getting is not "medical care", it is "propagation of a hoax".
    Not good.

I am thinking I am "that Dr guy" to which you refer.

I'm just lurking.
    I stop by these forums to assess the community' zeitgeist from time to time.

Our nation is struggling to find a reasonable balance between allowing an acceptable number of citizens to die and allowed a reasonable number of businesses to go bankrupt, all the while trying to allow our financial pillars and banking institutions and Wall Street indices to maintain a tolerable level health::despair ratio.

I'm posting little.
    Observing a lot.

My two intensivist/pulmonologist buddies are seeing an anecdotal uptick in morbidly ill ICU admissions.

Google "intermittent social distancing" for a glimpse of our potential near future.

A plethora of academic articles are pointing us down that path.
    https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/h...ay-be-needed-through-2022-to-manage-covid-19/

You probably already know that one of the most historically accurate prognodstictors has, just this week, adjusted the soon-to-be-dead Americans from 72,000 to 134,475 corpses as of 8/4/2020.

A lot of bright people see it as the price of financial well-being, eh?

Not arguing nor wishing to.
    Just observing.

HKS MD

Last edited:

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I'm just lurking.

Our nation is struggling to find a reasonable balance between allowing an acceptable number of citizens to die and allowed a reasonable number of businesses to go bankrupt, all the while trying to allow our financial pillars and banking institutions and Wall Street indices to maintain a tolerable level of health/despair.

I'm posting little.
    Observing a lot.

Just observing.

HKS MD
    Cool.
    I think different beliefs on what the government’s role, limitations, and responsibilities are really behind a lot of the division. I know people that have gotten the virus and a co-worker’s uncle died of it. I don’t think anyone in my circles wishes death on those at-risk.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Hard to reach herd immunity when everyone is locked inside...

These death counts always end by a certain date. Flatten the curve just means they die a couple weeks/months later at this point. The final number will be the same regardless. So why destroy our economy over it.

Not a doctor, just the son of an extremely high risk father. We can’t destroy our nation in an effort to prolong the inevitable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Especially since 25% or more are eldeerly sick in long term care facilities and 66% or more are in lock down at home.
    So much for the "science" behind lock downs. Besides that, where is the "science" behind something we have never done before?? I don't get that.
    And Harvard has been just as wrong about this as anyone else has.
    And would someone please show me where anyone has ever had a RIGHT to ruin other peoples lives in favor of their own???? Especially a whole country's.
    Just because it makes you feel morally superior does not make it science or the right thing to do.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Hard to reach herd immunity when everyone is locked inside...

These death counts always end by a certain date. Flatten the curve just means they die a couple weeks/months later at this point. The final number will be the same regardless. So why destroy our economy over it.

Not a doctor, just the son of an extremely high risk father. We can’t destroy our nation in an effort to prolong the inevitable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly.

And this is where people are burying their heads in the sand.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I am thinking I am "that Dr guy" to which you refer.

I'm just lurking.

Our nation is struggling to find a reasonable balance between allowing an acceptable number of citizens to die and allowed a reasonable number of businesses to go bankrupt, all the while trying to allow our financial pillars and banking institutions and Wall Street indices to maintain a tolerable level health::despair ratio.

I'm posting little.
    Observing a lot.

My two intensivist/pulmonologist buddies are seeing an anecdotal uptick in morbidly ill ICU admissions.

Google "intermittent social distancing" for a glimpse of our potential near future.

A plethora of academic articles are pointing us down that path.
    https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/h...ay-be-needed-through-2022-to-manage-covid-19/

You probably already know that one of the most historically accurate prognodstictors has, just this week, adjusted the soon-to-be-dead Americans from 72,000 to 134,475 corpses as of 8/4/2020.

A lot of bright people see it as the price of financial well-being, eh?

Just observing.

HKS MD
    Again, you never tell the whole story, just toss grenade and leave. Use what ever part supports your position and ignore the rest.

The death predictions are if no mitigation efforts are taken. They are already, therefore, bullshit. I'm not saying people aren't going to die and possibly in great numbers as we always knew that would happen. 60 or 70 thousand people die of the flu some years, people expected that. What they didnt expect and will not stand for is those people dying weather we destroy the worlds economy or not. The actual data is proving that mitigation efforts and an open economy produce about the same results as a complete lockdown. Plus you dont have the deaths from the virus plus the depression suicide drugs addiction and alcohol addiction.

The issue with you and your ilk parroting the "company line" started when you moved the goal posts to ever lengthening lockdowns for ever growing number of reasons.

Flattening the curve so hospitals dont get over run? Everyone was all in on that and stayed home. Then the models were clearly bullshit, then one size fits all responses were bullshit and then everyone saw the economy horror show coming because of the bullshit.

People aren't stupid, they can see what's going on and the common denominator is YES FREEDOM AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS LIKE GOING TO WORK IS PARAMOUNT OVER LOST LIVES FROM A VIRUS THEY CANT CONTROL BUT CAN MITIGATE THE DANGER AND MANAGE THE RISK.

All the people screaming that were going to execute the elderly and the vets are now irrelevant cause it's so much bullshit. Look around the country to say Florida. They seem to be doing it right.

Haw about New York? Nope, for all their bullshit they are doing it wrong. AND I MIGHT ADD THE ONLY PEOPLE TO ACTUALLY EXECUTE ELDERLY BY FORCING SICK INTO NURSING HOMES WHEN THEY HAD THOUSANDS OF UNUSED BEDS IN TAXPAYER FUNDED POP UP HOSPITALS.

One more thing you might want to address. Why aren't the essential workers getting sick in droves like predicted? Could it be because exercising a little personal responsibility is keeping them safe? Stuff like frequent hand sanitizing, distance and gloves and masks if they have to be close. Compare it to a couple meat processing plants where they weren't doing all these things especially on breaks and lunches and several got sick. In case you dont get my point, that's what we call a clue.

There are lessons to be learned so we can manage the risk. Chicken littles? We got no use for. There are plenty of those getting paid to try to shame anyone who will listen. Info and risk mitigation are what's needed and then get out of the way and let the people go. I got news for you, they are going anyways and there aren't enough military police and shaming chicken littles to force them to watch their world goto shit.

Yes people are more than willing to get educated, mitigate risk and then goto work and let some people die. They have no choice and to say there is a choice is the rantings of a fool.

People aren't going to sit at home and watch they family go hungry, lose their savings and their house, watch the world devolve into a waste land because a bunch of paid shills and pols hiding in their basement say so. Especially when its clearly obvious it's not needed in most places.

The sky didnt fall. Hospitals went over run and wasn't that the reason for this to begin with?

Well wasn't it? Dr.?

Top Bottom