Not open for further replies.

ShmeatDealer

World-Class Hunter
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2024
    Canyon, TX, USA
    Let's see some numbers to back up that claim. Otherwise you're just trolling...and badly.
    28% best their wives several times a year -CIA world fact book

40% of wives of policemen reported inter-spousal violence, it was whittled down to 28% through a process in which they reviewed how many cops were disciplined by their agencies for this conduct.

There are psychological phenomena named after the effect being on a police force has on the mind in which the more egregious an act is the more people around you want to defend the act.

And I have decided to say only inflammatory remarks, now, until I’m out of here, giving what I got from the community, back to it.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    28% best their wives several times a year -CIA world fact book

40% of wives of policemen reported inter-spousal violence, it was whittled down to 28% through a process in which they reviewed how many cops were disciplined by their agencies for this conduct.

There are psychological phenomena named after the effect being on a police force has on the mind in which the more egregious an act is the more people around you want to defend the act.

And I have decided to say only inflammatory remarks, now, until I’m out of here, giving what I got from the community, back to it.

That's not "more often than not". Math is important. And "until you're out of here" - so you're looking to get banned by a mod? Throwing a tantrum because you didn't find an echo chamber you liked?

You have my pity.

ShmeatDealer

World-Class Hunter
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2024
    Canyon, TX, USA
    You shared your opinion. Then got pissy when nobody agreed with you. Still waiting for you to prove that "cops are statistically monsters more often than not". Show your work, please.
    Came looking for disagreements, saw the same people from Reddit saying the same thing over and over, got tired of reading the same things.

Must be a woman, looking for a reason.

ShmeatDealer

World-Class Hunter
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2024
    Canyon, TX, USA
    Because it goes to credibility - when someone comes in saying they're a former LEO but is vague about it, especially when using a long title like "federal law enforcement operator" - had you left it as "I was federal law enforcement" it wouldn't sound as try-hard or wannabe as "federal law enforcement operator" because of the gym-bro-bro-vet-tactical-ted "operator" on the end. Saying "I worked for ICE" sounds less douchey and more credible. How you present yourself matters more in terms of being taken seriously, honestly.

As far as echo-chamber goes, there's a lot of guys on here that don't like cops, some outright hate them, and a lot of us are either supportive of LE, middle of the road (I'd say most), or more than a few are active / retired cops from local to state to federal as well. But to just come out swinging with "I hate cops" on THIS forum is likely to be met as either a straight up troll, or of someone that hasn't taken the temperature of the room at least.

This is a great forum to have discussions, and taking what you've said at face value that you were indeed federal LE that left because you hated how the job turned - more than one of us has asked you for suggestions on how to make it better, but you've not yet offered any up. To take a cop out of "why take it seriously, this is rants and raves" is saying you just wanted to scream you hate cops, and not have an actual discussion. Goes back to old man shouting at clouds.

Do you genuinely hate police, or the mission, the culture, the perception, or specific things that they do? Do you want to abolish LE and it become a free for all? Do you want people to be totally responsible for their own safety and security, as it was prior to police even existing? Do you want a reactionary police force? Privatized for-hire police? What would you change?

Personally I hate a lot of the mission of various police agencies, especially Federal agencies. Honestly I don't think 99% of federal LE agencies should exist. I don't think their missions should exist. I personally would push 99% of investigations upon local / state LE agencies, and federal LE would be limited to roles of executive protection, working with local LE on interstate cases for fugitive recovery / extradition matters, liasing with agencies across state lines (while the bulk of the work is handled locally), and securing our borders - which is a mission that should done in conjunction with the individual states and not keep the states out of it, as the international border is also a state border, and the state sees the actual burden of illegal immigration more than the federal government does.

Personally, I hate the ATF, but the handful of ATF agents I've met have been OK, if a little douchey. Met some FBI agents that were chill, some were nerds. The coolest, easist going feds I've ever dealt with were US Marshals. Of all of them - the Marshal Service is the only one I think should exist, and the handful of duties that I personally think feds should be involved in could be entirely handled by that branch along with CBP.

To that end, I also think that 99% of federal laws need struck down, and left to the states to handle, but I digress.

As far as local LE agencies go, I typically support their mission to ensure safer communities and do believe the majority could use better, continual education and believe we should properly fund it. No other governmental role has nearly the broad array of responsibilities and duties, nor handles the broad array of situations that police handle - everything from dealing with serving civil papers to criminal investigation, interdiction of drugs, responding as primary on aggressive phych patients in crisis, to dealing with violent felons and everything between.

I do think it could benefit officers spending 1/10 to 1/4 of their time off the street, doing constant continued education / physical training because it would ultimately make them safer - safer when going hands on with suspects, safer from health problems like high blood pressure / stroke / heart attack, better at at other various duties and specialties. But that does come at a cost - it requires more bodies, more training pay, and more facilities. But it would no doubt increase the quality of cops in our communities.

Big agencies with specialty units like full time SWAT have their officers spending a huge part of their on-duty days training, yet patrol cops get only a few hours of in-service training a year comparatively, despite patrol cops being the front line, first point of contact for almost everything along with backing up the specialty units. A few hours a year isn't going to be helpful with unarmed combatives and arrest control tactics - its something needing regular training. We've all seen dash cam / body cam / World Star cam footage of out of shape cops, or cops that just can't fight having a hell of a time controlling someone they should have no problem overpowering and shit going badly for one or both involved parties. That's something that can be fixed.

We've also seen cops taht just have shit attitudes and poor communication skills - that too can be fixed, and it can be weeded out through the selection and FTO process, though some might just get lazy and complacent in their careers and their desire and ability to de-escalate with words goes to shit. I will say that from my own first hand experience, along with witnessing numerous uses of force - those who are good at de-escalating with words, and those who can actually grapple and fight tend do be better at their jobs, and that's just coming from a healthcare security monkey (hands on, not observe & report shit.) The ones who can't actually communicate or fight, or won't fight when the time comes are the ones who make shit worse - escalating unnecessarily, and putting everyone else's safety at risk. Regular training ala role play scenarios and partner exercises and sparring would benefit all involved there, and probably actually reduce the number of injuries sustained by officers and suspects alike.

There are so many aspects of the job a cop has that we, the citizens, expect them to do perfectly yet they have to hone those skills on the job, in the real world not the classroom or range. We - the citizens - need to realize that for our police that serve our communities to do their jobs better, and safer it comes with costs.

That's not even touching on the mental health aspect of the job - you have to pass a psych test to get the job, and maybe to come back to duty after a lethal force encounter - but regular pysch assessment is not a thing in most places in the US, and there's still a big stigma about seeking mental health help or going to therapy. Same with the military - and its no wonder that the suicide rate among police officers and veterans is as high as it is, when the culture for so long has been 'shut up, suck it up and move on' - everything is great, until its not and then someone eats their gun.

Some of these cops that wind up abusing the citizens are probably suffering burn out or emotional problems, brought on by the job or at least exacerbated by it, which maybe could be detected and managed with regular mental health screenings and access to therapists. Some agencies now pay officers to regularly go, some are doing annual psych evals - but most are not. I'll say this - working in a busy trauma center the horrific shit I witnessed or had to personally be involved in on the daily will get to you. Ratcheting that up to what a cop, EMT, or hose dragger sees in the field its very understandable how they could develop problems.

If you think law enforcement is broken, then you should be able to see a fix or fixes for the problem, or admit that fixing is possible at least. If you just think law enforcement is unnecessary, you may or may not change your mind. It just doesn't serve a purpose to come in to a discussion forum, announce you hate cops and that's that unless you just wanted to troll for reactions - not that trolling is not a fun sport sometimes. I am probably not the only one that sees the hilarity that a fed comes to a gun forum to troll. Once a fed, always a fed. You just had the kindness to announce yourself as a fed :laughing:
    I ain’t reading all of that chief.

13centkiller

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2021
    Umbarger TX
    I'm just glad that this clown recognized his weakness and limitations and got out of the field!!!!

One less shitty cop out there.

But he passed the stretchy test and body fat percentage!!! Real operator there! :roflsmile:

ShmeatDealer

World-Class Hunter
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2024
    Canyon, TX, USA
    I'm just glad that this clown recognized his weakness and limitations and got out of the field!!!!

One less shitty cop out there.

But he passed the stretchy test and body fat percentage!!! Real operator there! :roflsmile:

Firearms, 2 mile, combat tests, pepper sprayed.

My weakness, while not physical, perhaps, (Idunno, you all seem so powerful and strong online, I don’t know how I’d compare to you, just true Adonis types) was definitely in my lack of tolerance for the government overreach. If I just, y’know, really allowed myself to just get bent over and just did everything asked of me all of the time and behaved like a good boy, maybe I would have been one HELL of a LEO.

I mean, I could have had a real career signing tickets, or maybe even been a real cop if I just continued to turn my brain off and let my flesh just rule my life.
    I might even have gotten to beat my wife and have several mistresses and statistically have poorer health for less money while the budget my community passed thinking it was for my benefit got spent on golf and banquets for exclusively the commissioners. How grand.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom