• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Banhammer.jpg

ShmeatDealer

World-Class Hunter
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2024
    Canyon, TX, USA
    Is a career revenue collector a cop that works speed traps and writes tickets to fund the town/city/county? I would think that has more to do with the guys working at that certain higher level and their poor budgetary habits (given you say law enforcement is funded beyond their needs) than a personal choice.

By unsightly appearance, do you mean overweight? Unpredictable meal times means unhealthy fast food, or missed meals that end in food binges. Shift work disrupts fitness habits and disrupts sleep which is linked to both overeating and fat stores. Stressful jobs also affect overeating and fat stores through stress hormone release and by disrupting sleep as above. There is a personal responsibility component, but the context is against them.

As for breaking their oaths, I don't think anyone is in favor of corruption. But that is different from discretion. Personally, I would rather get a fine that go to jail. The "speeding ticket bank account" can accept unlimited funds; a jail has limited bed space. Glad cops have the discretion to save time and jail space by writing fines when it makes sense.
    No offense to you, personally, but I am of the belief that ticket writing and fine collecting are just a tax on working people most of the time. If the punishment is a fine, and the act itself causes only harm to the individual that engages in that act, then it isn’t a crime, it is simply a way to siphon even more money from an already bleeding class of people.

I think speeding over 10 miles an hour is a justifiable fine, I think speeding at all in a school zone is justifiable, but speeding itself is dangerous for all people on the road anyway. But most fines just prohibit normal people from engaging in innocuous activities. If it is fineable, it should be enforced when it reaches a level above menial.

Unsightly doesn’t just mean heavy cops, since leaving law enforcement I’ve gained 20 pounds, I don’t think most duties are hindered by weight. But you have bordering invalids in blue now, I saw an actual retarded person that went to a school I volunteered at in uniform with the county sheriff. It’s getting worse. I also saw a pensioner-aged man in City-Blues recently, and another in county.

What gets me is the 3%’er stickers next to a back the blue or “I am a proud cop” bumper plate, or “Don’t tread on me” with the same cop-a-ganda stickers. And that’s the mentality that I actually HATE. Either you swore an oath to justify ALL of the laws, even unjust laws, and, in so doing, you have forsaken your neighbors and fellow citizens that engage against tyranny, if and when it arises, to be a part of said tyranny. If you do not agree with that obligation , then the alternative is to break your oath. To some it’s just a phrase, to me it’s a solemn and serious vow. I decided to break mine.

ShmeatDealer

World-Class Hunter
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2024
    Canyon, TX, USA
    I mean, when the guys says he doesn’t like cops doing their jobs but also that cops who who won’t enforce unjust laws are bad too…

That’s it, I’m calling it. SHENANNIGANS!
    I didnt say they were bad, I said that they break their oaths if the don’t, and that someone willing to take an oath must decide whether they will uphold their oaths or be hypocrites. I, myself, am one that decided hypocrisy, and to never engage in law enforcement again.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    No offense to you, personally, but I am of the belief that ticket writing and fine collecting are just a tax on working people most of the time. If the punishment is a fine, and the act itself causes only harm to the individual that engages in that act, then it isn’t a crime, it is simply a way to siphon even more money from an already bleeding class of people.

I think speeding over 10 miles an hour is a justifiable fine, I think speeding at all in a school zone is justifiable, but speeding itself is dangerous for all people on the road anyway. But most fines just prohibit normal people from engaging in innocuous activities. If it is fineable, it should be enforced when it reaches a level above menial.

Unsightly doesn’t just mean heavy cops, since leaving law enforcement I’ve gained 20 pounds, I don’t think most duties are hindered by weight. But you have bordering invalids in blue now, I saw an actual retarded person that went to a school I volunteered at in uniform with the county sheriff. It’s getting worse. I also saw a pensioner-aged man in City-Blues recently, and another in county.

What gets me is the 3%’er stickers next to a back the blue or “I am a proud cop” bumper plate, or “Don’t tread on me” with the same cop-a-ganda stickers. And that’s the mentality that I actually HATE. Either you swore an oath to justify ALL of the laws, even unjust laws, and, in so doing, you have forsaken your neighbors and fellow citizens that engage against tyranny, if and when it arises, to be a part of said tyranny. If you do not agree with that obligation , then the alternative is to break your oath. To some it’s just a phrase, to me it’s a solemn and serious vow. I decided to break mine.
    So, what do you suggest is the punishment for speeding and such then? The cop gets to hit them over the head with a baton? A night in jail? Forced to watch reruns of CHiPS ?

ShmeatDealer

World-Class Hunter
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2024
    Canyon, TX, USA
    So, what do you suggest is the punishment for speeding and such then? The cop gets to hit them over the head with a baton? A night in jail? Forced to watch reruns of CHiPS ?
    I never claimed to have answers, but maybe a points system like we already have in most places, after two non-felonious citations within x amount of time it’s 5 hours of community service? Idk, something that demands of everyone equally?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I never claimed to have answers, but maybe a points system like we already have in most places, after two non-felonious citations within x amount of time it’s 5 hours of community service? Idk, something that demands of everyone equally?
    5 hours community service disproportionately effects the poor and working class.

Tblack89

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    Disclaimer: I am jaded and Biased against the police in this nation. This is not a personal attack on every individual Law Enforcement Officer, this is a generalized rant, I understand that most of you will not agree.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hate Cops. I worked as a Federal Law Enforcement Operator for a year and a half, and the folks that worked with me and my outfit are the reason I do not do it today, these people drove me to take up my hobby as my main job, and it has been a blessing, but I feel as though people in my camp (politically) are oxymoronic when it comes to this stuff, and I want to have a conversation about it.

For the same reasons I used to hate liberals and leftists for hating cops, while also hating guns and personal defense, I have began to disdain the bootlicking right. How can people that say they are pro-freedom, champion personal defense, challenge gun laws, and claim to love their neighbors simultaneously be advocates for the literal fingertips of the system that would take their rights? I’m not saying we need NO policing, but the current trajectory is straight into authoritarianism. Any time I talk to someone about the issue, it gets conflated with “defunding” or “abolishing” police, but what I think almost every American would really agree on is that the way these agencies are organized clearly doesn’t work, and neither does the prison system, and they need to change.

When the party that says “Don’t send Ukraine Money, it doesn’t work” is the party that keeps the checks blank for police efforts, doesn’t it seem odd? Doesn’t it seem strange that our own, domestic system doesn’t work and our solution is to, no matter what, give them more resources? I think that if we are going to, as a society, keep cops around and well funded, the very idea needs to change entirely.
    You would be the first person cryin for a cop if someone ran up on your ass. The irony to the times we live in is, the people bitchin about cops are the ones that act bad but won’t bust a grape.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    The more videos I see on YT of people's rights being violated it gives me doubt in LEOs upholding their oath. I don't believe all LEO are bad, definitely some good ones out there. I just think the quality of good LEO to pull from are limited & your stuck with guys that might not have the right mind set to deal with the public on the level others do. I think LEO should definitely get paid more... I wouldn't want to do their job. LEO see crazy shit out in the public... murders, broken homes, kids crying their parent got shot or in a car wreck & are dead or dying. That's a lot of baggage to carry on a daily basis & still be able to keep it all together on a mental level. Dealing with the general public isn't for everyone & a certain personality is a requirement.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Don't be fucking around and you won't find out............

Evidently many have trouble not fucking around..........

Most of the videos are instigated for clicks................and rarely if ever show the whole incident........and I rarely give the time to watch them........

ShmeatDealer

World-Class Hunter
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2024
    Canyon, TX, USA
    You would be the first person cryin for a cop if someone ran up on your ass. The irony to the times we live in is, the people bitchin about cops are the ones that act bad but won’t bust a grape.
    I’ve killed to defend myself and others there, big fella. Not proud, not bragging, but I will not be categorized as anyone dependent on the government.

Cops have only ever made my life significantly worse the two times I’ve called them. Don’t spout that tired bs, it’s not true anymore, more regular people are becoming anti-cop, and nobody can blame them.

I’ve also dealt with enough people with badges to know that most are just working a job. Some are exceptional people, truly wonderful at their profession, they are by the book, thick skinned and hard-nosed bad asses. I’ve also known bad actors in that field. Far be it from me to say every individual is bad, my point is that the profession, itself only allows for immorality, and that society gives the profession too much credit and authority.

Licking the boots clean doesn’t make the stomping hurt less when it happens. When an officer swears an oath, the oath, itself, binds them to uphold all of the laws, not just the ones they agree with. When the law turns on you, you will be a criminal, and your defense of them will not save you from it. It has happened everywhere the institution of policing exists, it’s happening in our direct neighbors to the north and south, it happens EVERWHERE else, and it has already started happening here.

Who do you think they’d send for your guns? Block your roads, enforce curfews, take your property? By the sweet Lord himself, Jesus Christ was taken by the police of his time. The ghettos weren’t patrolled by soldiers, but by the police. They aren’t your friend any more that the FBI, CIA, or any other agency. When the time comes, I would love to believe all of the County Sheriffs that say they aren’t the one to take your rights, that they’ll “Deputize the people” to keep their guns, but when it’s your livelihood on the line, I wouldn’t blame them for siding with the government.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom