Venture Surplus ad

Constitutional Carry confusion leading to increased arrests in the Lone Star State?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Yes and that is my point, every case you mentioned is FULLY licensed and therefore intensive background checked.…

There is no license nor training that comes with a tax stamp.

In fact, one receives training, a background check, AND a license from the state for an LTC and the recurrent checks required at each renewal.

…It is only the unrestricted proliferation of machine guns and destructive devices (cannons) which I oppose.
    Now that we’ve established someone with an LTC has completed training, passed a proficiency test, passed a background check, and been licensed by the state, then you support them being able to carry while watching their kid’s school event. Or at their place of employment, which just happens to be as a non-teaching employee of a public school.

Or do you really oppose more than just unrestricted proliferation of machine guns and destructive devices?
    Gun Zone Deals

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    One night at the college, there was someone wandering about that looked suspicious (turns out he was another student from another department that was waiting on a ride). Now I'm not the biggest instructor, and I am the oldest in my department, but I am the only one that is armed (concealed carry). One of our female students sought me out to walk her to her car. Seems she was aware who to seek out.

I have a hard time with naysayers that say teachers shouldn't be armed, I feel it's my duty to look after the safety of my students when they are in my charge.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    There is no license nor training that comes with a tax stamp.

In fact, one receives training, a background check, AND a license from the state for an LTC and the recurrent checks required at each renewal.

Now that we’ve established someone with an LTC has completed training, passed a proficiency test, passed a background check, and been licensed by the state, then you support them being able to carry while watching their kid’s school event. Or at their place of employment, which just happens to be as a non-teaching employee of a public school.

Or do you really oppose more than just unrestricted proliferation of machine guns and destructive devices?
    I was answering a question about type of weapons not where allowed.. As to your specific comment, I neither support nor oppose the concealed carry of a trained licensed background checked person carrying a firearm at a school event. I can see both sides of the argument and cannot remember a single school shooting committed by such a person and may even prevent or limit children being shot by cowards. I certainly oppose open carry by untrained non licensed people in school zones
    The sole justification for the Tax Stamp Class III is supposed to be for an extensive background check. The BATFE also has several restrictions on how the weapons are stored , where they are located transported etc.
    Sure are a lot of hostile people here who demand that everyone think and speak and act as everyone else, must becoming a Democrat forum!!

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I was answering a question about type of weapons not where allowed.. As to your specific comment, I neither support nor oppose the concealed carry of a trained licensed background checked person carrying a firearm at a school event.I can see both sides of the argument and cannot remember a single school shooting committed by such a person and may even prevent or limit children being shot by cowards. I certainly oppose open carry by untrained non licensed people in school zones…
    So you’ve somewhat changed your position since this post, then.

0d6d8ebf402d14e291eba61d2a0e4a05.jpg

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Well....since you're not leaving anytime soon.....

I was answering a question about type of weapons not where allowed.. As to your specific comment, I neither support nor oppose the concealed carry of a trained licensed background checked person carrying a firearm at a school event. I can see both sides of the argument and cannot remember a single school shooting committed by such a person and may even prevent or limit children being shot by cowards. I certainly oppose open carry by untrained non licensed people in school zones

What do you consider "trained"? Is the Texas LTC enough? What documentation do you demand to prove "training"?

Are there any other Constitutional rights you demand "training" for before a citizen can exercise it?

The sole justification for the Tax Stamp Class III is supposed to be for an extensive background check. The BATFE also has several restrictions on how the weapons are stored , where they are located transported etc.

You really need to study the history of NFA '34. When it was passed (during the Great Depression), $200 was the equivalent of $4443.45 today. Imagine having to pay that every time you bought a suppressor or SBR. It was a de-facto gun ban that exempted the wealthy and governments. Does that mean you support banning NFA items for all but the rich and federal?

Sure are a lot of hostile people here who demand that everyone think and speak and act as everyone else, must becoming a Democrat forum!!

Only Democrat I see here is the one you see in the mirror....

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Arguing with someone that is using emotion only to draw a conclusion is a waste of time. The coyote doesn't "want" people carrying firearms into a school where his grand kids are. I didn't "want" the Uvalde shooter to kill but he did. The problem of course is that good folks don't break the laws and bad folks do regardless of what we "want". What we all want I believe is to keep bad folks from killing good folks and nobody has figured out how to create a sign or a law to do that.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …What do you consider "trained"? Is the Texas LTC enough? What documentation do you demand to prove "training"?….
    Here’s one of my favorite edge cases…active duty NCO who’s been an assaulter with 1SFOD or ST6 visiting family. No LTC, no NICS background check, no nothing except standard DoD stuff for role.

Should that dude be prohibited from exercising 2A while on leave in any state in America?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Here’s one of my favorite edge cases…active duty NCO who’s been an assaulter with 1SFOD or ST6 visiting family. No LTC, no NICS background check, no nothing except standard DoD stuff for role.

Should that dude be prohibited from exercising 2A while on leave in any state in America?

Plain English for us dummies.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Yep it is my opinion only, fortunately , there are enough voters who agree to make those laws and courts to back the laws up, to maintain some restrictions on weapons .... for now at least. One of my concerns with BATFE is that their chicken shit nit picking will result in a swing of the pendulum back to the pre-1930's
    So you are a but'r.

I wish the NFA and all those who support it would go away. (Actually wish those who support it would realize it is an infringement and campaign for its overturn or repeal)

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Yes and that is my point, every case you mentioned is FULLY licensed and therefore intensive background checked... I am all for that! It is only the unrestricted proliferation of machine guns and destructive devices (cannons) which I oppose.
    Do you have to pay a $200 tax and wait an indeterminate amount of time before being allowed to vote?

Is there a background check on high capacity, fast industrial style printers?

NO!

Their shouldn't be on arms or any associated items

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    You clearly don't understand the origins or purpose of the NFA...

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Mister Joyce, the title of this thread is constitutional carry which is not about licensed firearms carrying. READ the title before getting all up in someones face please.

I read quite well. Are you aware the Texas statute is not constitutional carry; it’s permitless carry. There is a distinction there, too.

But that’s neither here nor there. Let’s look at my edge case. Delta Force hostage rescue operator, visiting Texas on leave. No LTC or other type of permit or license from anywhere, not a Texas resident. Under Texas law, he can legally carry a firearm openly or concealed in some places.

Should that guy be prohibited from carrying into his nephew’s school play?

I’m just trying to find what your line of rational thinking is.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Mister Joyce, the title of this thread is constitutional carry which is not about licensed firearms carrying. READ the title before getting all up in someones face please.
    No "arms" should require a license to keep, or carry and the simple exercising of a right should never be criminal.

So discussing the infringement of licensing is appropriate for this conversation in my opinion.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I’m just trying to find what your line of rational thinking is.

The issue is his conclusion is not a rational one* if you understand the 2nd amendment was CLEARLY written to limit government and ensure the citizens had the arms to resist or overthrow a tyrant, not to make funds could hunt or have a gun next to the bed.

*I say not a rational conclusion because I trust Coyote9's heart and do not want to think he wants a population de-armed and subject to a tyrannical government without means to resist which military arms of all kinds would be requisite for that purpose.

Top Bottom