Gun Zone Deals

Constitutional Carry confusion leading to increased arrests in the Lone Star State?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Also I do not want you or anyone else carrying firearms into my grand children's school or a court room if I am on jury duty ... some common sense is required.
    Who uses the term "common sense" when it comes to carrying firearms? If I relied on the common sense method, there's no telling how many times I could have broken the law. Some laws often don't make sense to me.

Are you equally concerned about your grandchildren in a grocery store, or is it just schools where you believe there is a higher probability they would be shot? Just because school shootings get more ratings for media, they are still rare compared to the amount of innocent people being shot in the U.S.

While some of the gun laws that were enacted in 1870 Texas has been overturned, schools (other than higher learning) and courtrooms are not among them.

Most times when I hear "common sense", as far as guns are concerned, it's someone that wants to take away my gun rights.
    Hurley's Gold

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Also I do not want you or anyone else carrying firearms into my grand children's school.....

So....you're fine with tasking unarmed school personnel to protect your grandchildren with their lives when a criminal (who doesn't care to follow the law) starts shooting? You'd rather see other people die to protect your child than for them to have access to tools that protect themselves and their students?

As a school district employee, your attitude disgusts me.....

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    So....you're fine with tasking unarmed school personnel to protect your grandchildren with their lives when a criminal (who doesn't care to follow the law) starts shooting? You'd rather see other people die to protect your child than for them to have access to tools that protect themselves and their students?

As a school district employee, your attitude disgusts me.....
    You either cannot read or choose to not understand, I want TRAINED armed personnel and/or teachers with firearms training protecting my family, I do not want strangers wandering around a grade school while carrying firearms. Already illegal. You are the perfect example , an angry person should think twice before leaving the house with a gun.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Who uses the term "common sense" when it comes to carrying firearms? If I relied on the common sense method, there's no telling how many times I could have broken the law. Some laws often don't make sense to me.

Are you equally concerned about your grandchildren in a grocery store, or is it just schools where you believe there is a higher probability they would be shot? Just because school shootings get more ratings for media, they are still rare compared to the amount of innocent people being shot in the U.S.

While some of the gun laws that were enacted in 1870 Texas has been overturned, schools (other than higher learning) and courtrooms are not among them.

Most times when I hear "common sense", as far as guns are concerned, it's someone that wants to take away my gun rights.
    Who the **** said anything about a grocery store? I am concerned about any place where children are grouped together with few avenues of escape. I happen to like the current restrictions, if you don't , then talk to your reps and get the law changed.
    Here let me spool you up to an even higher rpm! I also like the current restrictions on fully automatic weapons;)

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    You either cannot read or choose to not understand, I want TRAINED armed personnel and/or teachers with firearms training protecting my family, I do not want strangers wandering around a grade school while carrying firearms. Already illegal. You are the perfect example , an angry person should think twice before leaving the house with a gun.
    The problem with your logic is that making armed entry into a school illegal doesn’t prevent potential killers from entering. We have enough statistical information that shows that permitless carry has not led to a blood bath. Uvalde has shown us that trained police in a school is no guarantee that school children will be safer than just the average person. Their parents armed might have saved some of them while police stood frozen in place. The question is “Is a gun free zone a safer place for anyone?” I suspect the answer is no.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    you might want to rethink yourlogic considering what happened in uvlde just recently armed le officers didn't exactly save the day did they?

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Who the **** said anything about a grocery store? I am concerned about any place where children are grouped together with few avenues of escape. I happen to like the current restrictions, if you don't , then talk to your reps and get the law changed.
    Here let me spool you up to an even higher rpm! I also like the current restrictions on fully automatic weapons;)

Oh great another “I support the 2nd amendment but” FUDD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    The problem with your logic is that making armed entry into a school illegal doesn’t prevent potential killers from entering. We have enough statistical information that shows that permitless carry has not led to a blood bath. Uvalde has shown us that trained police in a school is no guarantee that school children will be safer than just the average person. Their parents armed might have saved some of them while police stood frozen in place. The question is “Is a gun free zone a safer place for anyone?” I suspect the answer is no.
    Yes it would reduce the angry parent or an armed person who lost control...and it would absolutely and without any possible argument allow armed officers and/or teachers inside the school to identify a threat and react quicker against an outsider entering armed.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Yes it would reduce the angry parent or an armed person who lost control...and it would absolutely and without any possible argument allow armed officers and/or teachers inside the school to identify a threat and react quicker against an outsider entering armed.
    Are you delusional?
    Parkland and Uvalde are just two perfecr ecamples of just how wrong you are. LE were present at both when the shooter entered the school and killed kids.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Oh great another “I support the 2nd amendment but” FUDD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    WE all agree that individual nuclear weapons are a bad idea I am guessing 95% of Americans don't want me flying a Phantom around with Mark 82 s or driving a M-60 tank around town fully armed and ammoed up. Therefore we are disagreeing only on the type of weapons which should be restricted. You may draw your line where ever you like and I'll draw mine at the current restrictions on fully automatic weapons. I do think that the whole SBR thing and mag capacity are over reach by government and maybe even the sawed of shot gun.
    I have owned 4 machineguns, they were fun toys just not worth the hassle, I was never bothered by ANY LEO always some smart ass guy at a range or a gunshow.(SAR).
    SO yes, I support the 2nd BUT so call me Elmer;)

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    I wasn't going to get into this but you are wrong, the very people that are going in and shooting things up are angry people that have lost control, safe zones are not safe, never have been and never will be from the very people you want to keep out of them.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I wasn't going to get into this but you are wrong, the very people that are going in and shooting things up are angry people that have lost control, safe zones are not safe, never have been and never will be from the very people you want to keep out of them.
    [PUT armed and TRAINED people inside the school and kill the living shit out of anyone careless, stupid orevil enough to enter with a firearm!!!!!!!
    I am done talking about this with people who do not read the whole post
    Guess I am being baited so the joke is on me.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    What would reduce a person who lost control from going into a school, a sign or a law? I have no problem with trained armed teachers but I don't understand why you think you will keep a nut out by making a gun free zone. History has already proven your logic wrong, many times.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    WE all agree that individual nuclear weapons are a bad idea I am guessing 95% of Americans don't want me flying a Phantom around with Mark 82 s or driving a M-60 tank around town fully armed and ammoed up. Therefore we are disagreeing only on the type of weapons which should be restricted

You assume too much. If someone can afford it they should be able to own it and use it in a safe place. To include fucking nukes, artillery, rockets and grenades.

I am for the total repeal of the NFA and all infringements upon possession and carrying of anything by any adult to include persons who have served sentences for felony crimes and are 100% free members of society again.

"SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" Should mean exactly what it says, no "excepts", no "buts". If it is arms or arms related, we should have no taxes, or prohibition on making, selling obtaining or carrying.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    WE all agree that individual nuclear weapons are a bad idea I am guessing 95% of Americans don't want me flying a Phantom around with Mark 82 s or driving a M-60 tank around town fully armed and ammoed up. ….

Ummmm, about that. One of my favorite things to do is visit the Ox Ranch out past Junction to drive and shoot their tanks and arty. And that’s after a career controlling airstrikes.

If I could swing it, I’d also own a warbird and a jet warbird or three. Instead I just have to settle with CAF flights on fighters and bombers.

But confusing gun free zones with providing actual protection for vulnerable people is emotion and not logic based thinking.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

What do you consider "TRAINED armed personnel"? Someone who took the LTC course? Someone who went through the School Marshal/Guardian course? Someone who has had the same training as the Uvalde PD? And, if you think someone should be "trained" before they practice their 2nd Amendment rights, what about their 1st Amendment rights?

You are the perfect example....an angry person who should think twice before posting on TGT.

Top Bottom