2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    FatherlySlimyCrustacean-small.gif

sh801

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2015
    If only people would look at how Hitler and other dictators operated they would see we are using those blueprints.

What we are seeing isn’t anything new.
    I tell people this routinely- "What we are seeing in our society today, we saw in Germany in the 1930s".

Look up a town called Gleiwitz. "The victor will not be asked whether he told the truth".- Adolph Hitler, 1939

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    I tell people this routinely- "What we are seeing in our society today, we saw in Germany in the 1930s".

Look up a town called Gleiwitz. "The victor will not be asked whether he told the truth".- Adolph Hitler, 1939
    Exactly!

The Grand Mufti was influential in getting Hitler to stop deporting jews and kill them instead.

The US brought thousands of Nazis over here after the war under Operation Paper Clip.

rdcott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2018
    Katy
    This turned out to be an interesting thread. Only a couple of commenters actually described the War for Southern Independence with some accuracy. (or War of Northern Aggression, War Between the States... there was nothing "Civil" about it- that's a label coined by cheap historians). The commonly known "rebel" flag was patterned after Robert E. Lee's Army of Northern Virginia flag, but there were actually several different flags flown by the Confederate States and the various State regiments, also containing that design or distinctly different designs, reflecting the individual regiments.

If any of you want to dig deeper into the history of that War, I suggest researching Sons of Confederate Veterans and/or Sons of Union Veterans. Those two national orgs are comprised of thousands of members, all descendants of WSI Vets and share a wealth of little-known factual information about the Cause, Lincoln's betrayal of the U.S. Constitution regarding State sovereignty/right of secession, how the Lincoln Admin crafted the situation that led to the first shot fired on Fort Sumpter, the myth of slavery being the central issue of the War, Lincoln's support for the institution of slavery, etc.

Your public school history of the War is so watered-down as to sound ridiculous after doing some research of the historical record. Namely, there were hundreds of other battles/skirmishes that were fought all over the South and even in neutral States that never get mentioned, but were decisive engagements, affecting the eventual outcome.
    Tidbit: General Robert E. Lee was actually against Secession, was a trained Union Army Officer (West Point graduate) and only joined the fray from a sense of loyalty after Lincoln's Army invaded his home State of Virginia, which had already seceded from the Union.
    For the doubters, I suggest starting your research with the Corwin Amendment...

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    This turned out to be an interesting thread. Only a couple of commenters actually described the War for Southern Independence with some accuracy. (or War of Northern Aggression, War Between the States... there was nothing "Civil" about it- that's a label coined by cheap historians). The commonly known "rebel" flag was patterned after Robert E. Lee's Army of Northern Virginia flag, but there were actually several different flags flown by the Confederate States and the various State regiments, also containing that design or distinctly different designs, reflecting the individual regiments.

If any of you want to dig deeper into the history of that War, I suggest researching Sons of Confederate Veterans and/or Sons of Union Veterans. Those two national orgs are comprised of thousands of members, all descendants of WSI Vets and share a wealth of little-known factual information about the Cause, Lincoln's betrayal of the U.S. Constitution regarding State sovereignty/right of secession, how the Lincoln Admin crafted the situation that led to the first shot fired on Fort Sumpter, the myth of slavery being the central issue of the War, Lincoln's support for the institution of slavery, etc.

Your public school history of the War is so watered-down as to sound ridiculous after doing some research of the historical record. Namely, there were hundreds of other battles/skirmishes that were fought all over the South and even in neutral States that never get mentioned, but were decisive engagements, affecting the eventual outcome.
    Tidbit: General Robert E. Lee was actually against Secession, was a trained Union Army Officer (West Point graduate) and only joined the fray from a sense of loyalty after Lincoln's Army invaded his home State of Virginia, which had already seceded from the Union.
    For the doubters, I suggest starting your research with the Corwin Amendment...
    Congratulations! You've said nothing here that many of us don't already know... If you've really got something we don't know, there's a thread for that...

rdcott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2018
    Katy
    Congratulations! You've said nothing here that many of us don't already know... If you've really got something we don't know, there's a thread for that...

Thank you! I'm pretty sure I gave credit where it was due and addressed those who came across as lacking knowlege of the subject. But then, you obviously already knew that, too...

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    So are some here trying to make a correlation, or comparison between Nazi Germany and the Southern Confederate States?

I mean the thread starts out about the Confederate battle flag and then we suddenly seem to be making references between Nazi's and Confederates. As if their is any comparison, or even remotely similarities.

Trying to make that link is pretty offensive IMO.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    So are some here trying to make a correlation, or comparison between Nazi Germany and the Southern Confederate States?

I mean the thread starts out about the Confederate battle flag and then we suddenly seem to be making references between Nazi's and Confederates. As if their is any comparison, or even remotely similarities.

Ridiculous nonsense!

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    Really? Then why are you several times and another person referencing them several times on this thread?

Unless I'm mistaken, I think you were the one that introduced that perspective into this thread.
    Lol, no one compared nazis to the south. The original post was about the censorship and cancel culture overtaking this country, and THAT is what is being compared to Nazi Germany. Of course that's obvious to everyone posting here but you for some reason.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Lol, no one compared nazis to the south. The original post was about the censorship and cancel culture overtaking this country, and THAT is what is being compared to Nazi Germany. Of course that's obvious to everyone posting here but you for some reason.
    I think you are incorrect. Seems the original post, was about possibly some misplaced outrage because you thought Amazon went "woke" because you failed in finding a Confederate flag for sale there. In less than a minute of doing a Google search, i found numerous Confederate flags for sale, including more than a few from Amazon as well. I even linked those sources.

So please explain to everyone about all this censorship and cancel culture you experienced. I'm actually quite curious. Please enlighten us to how Amazon compares to Nazi Germany and they are censoring you. Even IF they were censoring stuff at Amazon, not for sure how that compares with the Nazi's exterminating 6 to 10 million people.

What I find rather obvious is the start of this thread to be a total fabrication on your part. You wanted to cry outrage at Amazon, but I proved that to be incorrect. A skeptical person might wonder at what other things you are fabricating in your posts here on the forum.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    I think you are incorrect. Seems the original post, was about possibly some misplaced outrage because you thought Amazon went "woke" because you failed in finding a Confederate flag for sale there. In less than a minute of doing a Google search, i found numerous Confederate flags for sale, including more than a few from Amazon as well. I even linked those sources.

So please explain to everyone about all this censorship and cancel culture you experienced. I'm actually quite curious. Please enlighten us to how Amazon compares to Nazi Germany and they are censoring you. Even IF they were censoring stuff at Amazon, not for sure how that compares with the Nazi's exterminating 6 to 10 million people.

What I find rather obvious is the start of this thread to be a total fabrication on your part. You wanted to cry outrage at Amazon, but I proved that to be incorrect. A skeptical person might wonder at what other things you are fabricating in your posts here on the forum.
    God, why did I take this troll off ignore?

Reactions: gll

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston

Leftists say they're one and the same - the fact that the Confederate $2 bill had a Jew on it and the nazis killed 1/3 of world Jewry doesn't matter!

Eli

Top Bottom