• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Do you really think someone that was high was really trying to pass off a fake $20? Maybe it was passed off to him and he didn't know it? Are you guys really making out like a guy that was high was a mastermind counterfeiter dude? Something doesn't add up.

Lol, you don’t have to be a mastermind to have a fake $20.

And it’s irrelevant if he knew it was fake because the kid working the counter told him it was. It was then that Floyd refused to return the pack of cigarettes and walked out.

The kids had been passed a fake $20 by Floyd the week before also, which came out of the kids check. He explained this to Floyd who didn’t care.

Edit to add: IIRC, his drug dealing buddy had just attempted to pass a fake $20, possibly the same one, before Floyd walked in and did the same, stealing the pack of cigarettes when told the money was fake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Lol, you don’t have to be a mastermind to have a fake $20.

And it’s irrelevant if he knew it was fake because the kid working the counter told him it was. It was then that Floyd refused to return the pack of cigarettes and walked out.

The kids had been passed a fake $20 by Floyd the week before also, which came out of the kids check. He explained this to Floyd who didn’t care.

Edit to add: IIRC, his drug dealing buddy had just attempted to pass a fake $20, possibly the same one, before Floyd walked in and did the same, stealing the pack of cigarettes when told the money was fake.

That's still not sufficient moral grounds for what happened.

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    Sorry, my opinion isn't popular, but that cop killed that guy. If you watch the entire 9 minutes. Dude could have let up and didn't. Was Floyd high as ****? Hell yes. Should he have been restrained? Hell yes. To the degree he was? Absolutely not.

Just like the military we give cops way too much of a pass. The badge doesn't give you the right to kill people with impunity. It means you're held to a higher standard than civilians.
    So true!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Bunch of popcorn....
    Let me help out there!

popcorn.jpeg

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    A friend of mine and I stopped at our local bank before traveling to NM and got some cash. We had places that didn't want to do transactions for our $100 bills, so we went the a bank in that town. I handed my bill the the teller and she made change( 10s, 5s and 20s) with no problem. She didn't on his $100 bill. She claimed his was fake. I went inside and used his bill and got the same type bill exchange. I told the outside teller I received it from another bank and if it's fake contact them.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Guy is high on dope, blood O2 level is 98 but he was strangled. Doubt if many here actually watched the TESTIMONY but would rather get their 'news' from the media. Who lie ALL the time.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Guy is high on dope, blood O2 level is 98 but he was strangled. Doubt if many here actually watched the TESTIMONY but would rather get their 'news' from the media. Who lie ALL the time.
    I watched and listened to the testimony. I still think it was wrong. I may disagree on the charges, but the guy shouldn't have died WHILE being held down by the neck. If he'd clearly died of an overdose, that's on him.
    Also why are you presuming I'm getting all my news from the media, can't we assume better of each other here?

mnpshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Centex
    I watched and listened to the testimony. I still think it was wrong. I may disagree on the charges, but the guy shouldn't have died WHILE being held down by the neck. If he'd clearly died of an overdose, that's on him.
    Also why are you presuming I'm getting all my news from the media, can't we assume better of each other here?
    According to the prosecutions own expert witness he was not “held down by the neck”. The officers did everything by the book up to the point they didn’t render aid when he went unconscious.

Nick!

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2017
    DFW
    I am mostly shocked by what I feel was more than enough evidence brought forth by the defense to cause reasonable doubt in these charges, especially the major murder charges. I’ve seen many points mentioned where based on the arguments I heard, it can be seriously questioned whether the LE 100% caused the death of Floyd. It falls on the prosecution to prove these charges beyond a reasonable doubt.

And whileI agree that mob rule, and a few stupid politicians played a role in this guilty verdict, the sad truth is that this verdict will likely take any heat away from the state of Minnesota itself. As an example, an argument was made that Chauvin was using restraint methods approved by the state. The fact that it’s now apparently 100% Chauvin’s fault, takes any heat off the state as a responsible party.

I feel that to a degree, Chauvin is the fall guy

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Seems like a lot of assumptions that a jury will find the truth, as opposed to believe the best told story.

Yep, the old adage is that it’s better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6; I’d say the corollary is know thy neighbor for they shall judge.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Because you still think he was held down by the neck.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think there are plenty of conservative people who would rightfully find ways to deescalate. I hope so.

Since when do people high on meth and fentanyl act in a reasonable way? Did you watch the body cam footage of LE TRYING to deescelate? Floyd refuses to be cooperative. Even after fighting them all the way, they allowed him to get out of the car and be on the ground instead, which he ASKED THEM to do. This was not a case of some cop wanting to show someone who’s boss. If so, they wouldn’t have given in when Floyd begged to be out of the car and on the ground.

People are reading this case like all of Chauvin’s actions happened in a vacuum with nothing preceding the cell phone vid of him laying on the ground. That’s not even 1/4 of the story.

Unless it can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Floyd would not have died from the overdose alone, Chauvin should not have been found guilty. So manslaughter was at best a maybe. To find him guilty of murder (his intent would have had to be killing Floyd) is just ridiculous.

There’s simply no way to believe that this ruling is correct and based on the evidence if you actually watched the trial.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I can say that if every cop anywhere near that area quits and walks away leaving the cities and the people in them to deal with the mess they’ve created, I won’t blame them a bit.

No way I’d put my life on the line in that hell hole just to be spit on and thrown in jail because some dope head eats a hand full of pills when I show up.

Top Bottom