• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Floyd was being combative. He kicked his way out of the car. He kicked the cops trying to get him on the ground. And he didn’t have a knee on his neck.

Should police make a habit of going easy on people who are kicking and fighting them if they decide to be still for a little bit? How many do you think will use that opportunity to run?

How many people do you think have claimed a health problem in hopes of not being arrested?

Use of force expert for the prosecution testified in court that Chauvin would have been justified in using MORE force than he actually did.

He wasn’t just has as ****, he had almost 4 times the lethal dose of fentanyl in his blood. What makes you think it was the cop that killed him? Beyond a reasonable doubt...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    People who think they are innocent can be combative... If you don't believe me, wait until the Democrats pass their Assault Weapons bill and suddenly your AR-15 is illegal. Personally, I'm tired of the police thinking that everything is an excuse to exercise their authority.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    People who think they are innocent can be combative... If you don't believe me, wait until the Democrats pass their Assault Weapons bill and suddenly your AR-15 is illegal. Personally, I'm tired of the police thinking that everything is an excuse to exercise their authority.

Is trying to pass a fake $20 bill and refusing to return the merchandise after the bill is discovered to be fake, and then resisting the police when they arrive to question you just an “excuse to exercise authority”?

Or should things like that just be allowed to slide if the person is uncooperative?

Edit to ask: Why do you believe he thought he was innocent? And since when did we decide it’s ok to physically fight the cops when we don’t think we should be arrested? When did “fight them in the court room, not on the side of the road” fall out of fashion?

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Is trying to pass a fake $20 bill and refusing to return the merchandise after the bill is discovered to be fake, and then resisting the police when they arrive to question you just an “excuse to exercise authority”?

Or should things like that just be allowed to slide if the person is uncooperative?

Edit to ask: Why do you believe he thought he was innocent? And since when did we decide it’s ok to physically fight the cops when we don’t think we should be arrested? When did “fight them in the court room, not on the side of the road” fall out of fashion?

Though I mostly agree, there have been times when the side of the road was the right place to fight, such as 245 years ago yesterday at Lexington and Concord...

There may be more times like that to come, but George Floyd's circumstances didn't qualify. I can't see anyway he could think he was innocent, except for his being high as a kite!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Nothing here is comparable to an attempt at a revolution.

Nor is it comparable to any talk about gun control/confiscation since the constitution doesn’t say anything about the right to be high as a kite, attempting to use counterfeit money, stealing, resisting arrest, etc shall not be infringed.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    He wasn’t just has as ****, he had almost 4 times the lethal dose of fentanyl in his blood. What makes you think it was the cop that killed him? Beyond a reasonable doubt...?

I was not a member of this forum when all of this crap went down last year, but I'm sure everything was covered. And yes, to those who do not remember, Dr. Andrew Baker, the Hennepin County Medical Examiner, reported that Floyd had 11 ng/mL of fentanyl in his system at the time of his death (fatal doses have been documented at 3 ng/mL). Dr. Baker has reported that even if Floyd was sitting at home with no other causes, an OD would have been logical.

And "beyond reasonable doubt" for 2nd degree murder (intentional killing)? :banghead:

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Though I mostly agree, there have been times when the side of the road was the right place to fight, such as 245 years ago yesterday at Lexington and Concord...

There may be more times like that to come, but George Floyd's circumstances didn't qualify. I can't see anyway he could think he was innocent, except for his being high as a kite!

Cops aren't judges or executioners. They don't determine guilt.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Why would there be burning or protesting? Chauvin was found guilty.

If he had been found not guilty, then I would have expected possible outrage and possibly protesting.

We will see... I predicted a day ago that there would be rioting and looting no matter what the verdict.

Reason, mostly cuz they can do it w/o consequences, especially now.

So they got the verdict they wanted... no matter:

1. It's not good enough, just ask Mad Maxine.
    2. Ever seen a celebratory riot after a soccer game in a foreign country?
    3. Cuz looting is the new reparations.
    4. Cuz it's fun.
    5. Cuz AntiFA wants more chaos.
    6. Cuz it feels good, so do it.
    7. Cuz there won't be anybody to stop them. (Not Guard and riot police only there for show).
    8. And prob a dozen other cuz's I didn't think of...

mnpshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Centex
    I watched the trial and know ALL of the evidence along with the complete video. The only charge that should have stuck was manslaughter and even that is probably not the correct charge. Anyone who thinks this officer gave up his entire life for this street thug is as high as Floyd was. Yes, the officers should have acted when Floyd went unconscious that is the only thing I saw that they messed up that day. They we nothing but professional to Floyd the entire time. Bottom line is if Floyd would have just copped to passing the fake bill and returned the goods he would likely have been cited and let go.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I'm not understanding the convictions. How can you convict someone of 2nd degree murder, 3rd degree murder, and 2nd degree manslaughter for the same crime? I mean, c'mon man, pick one. Seriously, if it was 2nd degree manslaughter, how can it be 2nd degree murder?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm not understanding the convictions. How can you convict someone of 2nd degree murder, 3rd degree murder, and 2nd degree manslaughter for the same crime? I mean, c'mon man, pick one. Seriously, if it was 2nd degree manslaughter, how can it be 2nd degree murder?

Because the rules are made up and the charges don’t matter.

Good chance it will be rules a mistrial anyways. The judge said prior to deliberation that comments made by Maxine Waters, as well as ongoing riots could have influenced the jury.

And the nonsensical mix of charges will probably at least be grounds for an appeal.

Don’t understand how some are so happy about a POS who OD’d trying to bid his drugs destroying a cops life who was actually more than nice to him for as long as possible. But all that matters is some crappy cell phone vid I guess.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Cops aren't judges or executioners. They don't determine guilt.
    Innocence was proposed as a reason to be combative. Nothing there about cops being judges or executioners, they were just trying to make a valid arrest and I have a reasonable doubt that Chavin intended Floyd to die.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Personally, I don't think Chauvin should be guilty of any murder charges. Manslaughter, or negligent homicide, possibly. Simply because, I seriously doubt Chauvin woke up that morning, and planned on killing someone that day.

But, at the same time, once they decided to restrain, or detain Floyd for a possible criminal action, then by due process of law, they are depriving him of his freedom, and they are now responsible for his health, well-being and safety. IMO, that is where they failed.

LE officers should know they are going to come into contact with people that are on drugs, or high, or even mentally ill and they can become combative if they are trying to restrain them. So maybe there was a break down in departmental policy or training that allowed this to happen. IDK.

Floyd is no innocent choir boy by any stretch, but almost nine minutes he was held down by the neck, and regardless of whether he suffered from a lack of oxygen, or lack of blood from that is kind of irrelevant. He died. I would also have to guess, the drugs he was on, were probably a contributing factor as well.

Now, here's the million dollar question. If I were on that jury, would I have found Chauvin guilty? That depends. If the only charges were murder charges, with no other options, I'd probably have to vote not guilty. If the charges could be substituted, for manslaughter, or negligent homicide, I might vote guilty.

Top Bottom