Change in Texas Law on Use of Batons

Axxe55

MIA-BOLO.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 15, 2019
Texas
Brass knuckles are legal as well. They also have the added benefit of protecting your hand from shards of hepatitis and HIV infected tooth from becoming lodged in your hand.
Many years ago there weren't though, hence the reasoning I carried a roll of quarters.

But I do agree that "brass knuckles" are a much better option. A roll of quarters was better than just a clenched fist, and legal at that time.

Plus, back then, I almost always had rolls of quarters for the laundromat!

Riksors

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jun 13, 2019
Georgetown
My prescription against the breed of peace on daily walks. Effective for the joints, head, stomach, etc…Batons are now over the counter anywhere in Texas.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
May 28, 2008
Mustang Ridge
My prescription against the breed of peace on daily walks. Effective for the joints, head, stomach, etc…Batons are now over the counter anywhere in Texas.
Hope you only encounter one and not a pack if you are talking about aggressive dogs. Again, with aggressive dogs, whether singly or in a pack, a gun is the correct tool.

Axxe55

MIA-BOLO.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 15, 2019
Texas

Hope you only encounter one and not a pack if you are talking about aggressive dogs. Again, with aggressive dogs, whether singly or in a pack, a gun is the correct tool.
As much as I would hate to have to shoot a dog, a gun would be the better choice. An aggressive dog intent on doing harm, will be on you pretty danged fast, that using a baton for defense would not be the ideal tool.

And I know that @Hoji is as much if not more of a dog lover as I am.

DoubleDuty

Well-Known
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feb 9, 2019
DFW
I was always partial to a roll of quarters. Nice and legal too. They add a lot weight to a thrown punch.

Plus, they look like a roll of quarters!
Well now brass knuckles can take their place. And they are made to make a statement that you shouldn't have tried to attack me.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
May 28, 2008
Mustang Ridge
As much as I would hate to have to shoot a dog, a gun would be the better choice. An aggressive dog intent on doing harm, will be on you pretty danged fast, that using a baton for defense would not be the ideal tool.

And I know that @Hoji is as much if not more of a dog lover as I am.
God as my witness, I will do everything in my power to not harm a dog, but if it is a choice between me or my pack and a pack of aggressive ferals, I am not going to fight wild animals with my hands if I can avoid it.

1911'S 4 Me

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sep 13, 2018
Humble
If an group of aggressive people or aggressive dogs get within baton or knuckle reach you have let them get too close. It's gunfight time.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
May 28, 2008
Mustang Ridge
Would it be tacky to have some brass knuckles that were highly polished?

Asking for friends!

Not at all even shiny aluminum in ones
The one I got for Mrs.Hoji for 20th anniversary
9AC45F46-BFAF-4C20-A220-82AC8CB66422.jpeg
About a half pound of .999 fine silver.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs