• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    The original point of post was that commercial camo patterns are too small an too homogenous for most real hunting situations.
    Commercial or fashion?

Commercial camo like multicam and pretty much all others that aren't fashion camo do a really good job of breaking up outlines and shadows...

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk
    DK Firearms

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I bought a really good camo shirt and hung it in the closet. I've looked and looked and can't find it.

A hunting magazine article many years ago suggested that if you want to see how your camo hunting gear looks to the animals you're hunting, take a black and white photo of yourself with the area you hunt in the background. (Now you would have to take a pic and convert it to black and white.) It's sometimes pretty stunning how much you stand out when color is removed.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I thought you were being sarcastic in that everyone is saying that being still = dead deer but way more deer are killed by moving cars
    No, but you have a point, lol.

My dad was a guide for The King Ranch for 20 years.
    2 or 3 days a week during deer season he would take invited guests out hunting.
    Back then the only way to hunt deer on the ranch was to be invited, couldn't buy a hunt.
    He would drive them around in a hunting vehicle and find deer for them to shoot.
    Obviously wearing camo wouldn't make much difference.
    And they weren't still.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Diagnosed with deuteranopia, which meant I was not accepted into flight school.

Don't know the science around it, but I do know without question, when either on the ground, or calling in artillery fire from fixed wing or chopper, I could see things on the ground that even my pilots couldn't.

Two edged sword, at least to the enemy.

festering

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    sw houston
    No, but you have a point, lol.

My dad was a guide for The King Ranch for 20 years.
    2 or 3 days a week during deer season he would take invited guests out hunting.
    Back then the only way to hunt deer on the ranch was to be invited, couldn't buy a hunt.
    He would drive them around in a hunting vehicle and find deer for them to shoot.
    Obviously wearing camo wouldn't make much difference.
    And they weren't still.
    If the vehicles are around alot, the deer can get used to them and not pay them much attention.

Top Bottom