• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

The problem with both AU & AG is that there are large financial institutions, even nations, in the same markets. Their professional market & segment analysts stay a few steps ahead of us individuals.

Then, many people do panic buying, driving prices even higher.

Platinum & Palladium just don’t see the panic buying, and large investors are in them very long term.

Remember that the way to make a small fortune in the metals markets is to start with a large fortune. Just ask the Hunt Brothers of Dallas.

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I hear that. I'd started contemplating buying some gold bullion around mid-February. Then it started climbing and I held off. The spot price quickly jumped $150 before the end of March. Now it's been hovering up around $2,410 and as high as $2,470 since the beginning of July. So I've been sitting on my thumbs.

Platinum does look a lot more attractive looking at the trends, but I know nothing about it. Guess I need to get in gear and do some research. 'Course, my history of investing speaks to the adage, "Buy high and get stuck with it." I also got in on the IPO for the DNA testing company 23andMe and felt pretty good about getting shares at just over $10. Now it's a penny stock and closed today at 37 cents. :(

<>

I was like that when I showed up in Geneva with my life savings and bank introduction letters.

I learned a lot in those weeks.

The Swiss saw right-through Obama & Geithner; they despised them both.

<>

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    <>

The problem with both AU & AG is that there are large financial institutions, even nations, in the same markets. Their professional market & segment analysts stay a few steps ahead of us individuals.

Then, many people do panic buying, driving prices even higher.

Platinum & Palladium just don’t see the panic buying, and large investors are in them very long term.

Remember that the way to make a small fortune in the metals markets is to start with a large fortune. Just ask the Hunt Brothers of Dallas.

<>
    I'm hoping somebody will make another Hunt brothers play.........I've got silver to sell at $50/oz

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

If considering really long term:

My Grandfather bought a new home in 1935 for $750.

I sold that home in 2010 for. $100K.

And it was far from any ”hot” housing market.

<>

Top Bottom