Cass County TX.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    We have bought some coins from Texas Precious Metals and I have to admit this is tempting.

That’s a uge premium for a round. For that dough, I’d get a Silver Eagle. Hold value, and easier to sell since more people know what they are. Maples are a good deal too since they are generally priced below the ASE but have greater silver content. .9999 for the Maple vs .999 for the Eagle.
    Still, I get the draw to this coin so not knocking it. Some folks collect for the bullion value, others for numismatic value, and others for the artwork.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    It is too late to buy Gold this time.

If you need a less risky precious metal, try Platinum or Palldium.
    Platinum and Palladium are more of an industrial metal IMO. I’ve thought about buying some - a coin or two maybe, but I’m undecided. If the industrial use of these metals ever craters or moves to a better or cost effective alternative, then value takes a hit. I need to study it a bit more. You could say the same of gold and silver to a certain degree, although they’ve been tied to currency and wealth going back a long time

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    It is too late to buy Gold this time.

If you need a less risky precious metal, try Platinum or Palldium.
    I hear that. I'd started contemplating buying some gold bullion around mid-February. Then it started climbing and I held off. The spot price quickly jumped $150 before the end of March. Now it's been hovering up around $2,410 and as high as $2,470 since the beginning of July. So I've been sitting on my thumbs.

Platinum does look a lot more attractive looking at the trends, but I know nothing about it. Guess I need to get in gear and do some research. 'Course, my history of investing speaks to the adage, "Buy high and get stuck with it." I also got in on the IPO for the DNA testing company 23andMe and felt pretty good about getting shares at just over $10. Now it's a penny stock and closed today at 37 cents. :(

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Back when i was lucky enough to need Swiss Bankers, they advised that one is less likely to be hurt withy Platinum.

Platinum is a “precious metal”. with some industrial applications. Long term it is worth a bit more than Gold, but is much less volatile.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    We have bought some coins from Texas Precious Metals and I have to admit this is tempting.

It's not much more than today's actual price of silver at $27.00. Many times these commemorative coins aren't .999 and cost way over the actual value of silver. I'd go for it...

Top Bottom